Next Gen Consoles

Funny, you got rid of your 360 and get the impression the Kinect is unsupported, I give away my PS3 and feel the Eye and Move are unsupported. Certainly wasn't fair to say that Sony had ripped off anybody with the Eye as I was quite aware of the previous versions.

And please don't take my posts to mean that the Xbox One is necessarily the best console released this fall... I'm just putting forth the argument that what they've shown so far isn't the disaster that some people think it to be and we'll all see which console maker has the better strategy when it comes to gaming at E3.

Although having been through a console "war" every generation since Atari vs. Intellivision I think it's safe to say that both consoles by themselves will satisfy most hardcore gamers and if either console is declared a "winner", it won't be by much.

It's not a disaster, but as a gamer it just meant nothing to me. That's all.

EDIT: http://kotaku.com/the-internet-reacts-hilariously-to-the-xbox-one-event-509292028

:LOL:

Last edited:
iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Last edited:
So far the xbox1 is perfect for fat lazy americans who cant be arsed to get up and look for remote.

There's just something in this whole event that has turned me right off MS. I've been an avid 360 user for three or four years now, but recently I've been using my PS3 a lot more and now with the announcements coming out, there's just nothing there for me, personally, to be excited about. Everyone's different but this console, so far, just doesn't suit my needs at all.

First off there's the whole second-hand thing. Sony might follow suit in some way, but if they don't, that's my number one reason to choose Sony.

Then there's the specs of the machines. It's looking increasingly like PS4 will be the more powerful machine, easy to programme for, and MS announced last night that the Xbox One isn't going to have cutting edge graphics due to the focus on being a jack-of-all-trades. There's my number two reason for going Sony.

Third reason is needing an Internet connection at least once a day. I don't like this MS attitude of controlling where we play and when.

I also felt from the show that MS were going big with the likes of EA and Activision, whereas their focus on indie games has now been lost in stark contrast to Sony. If Journey is anything to go by, there's going to be a huge industry for creative indie developers on Sony's platform.

There was also the controller. Sony's appeals more, I prefer the PS3s over my 360 one and I prefer the innovations in the Sony one.

Then there's the exclusives. I've really enjoyed the likes of Halo, Forza and Gears of War but I've simply had enough of them now. There's nothing in the MS line up of known exclusives to make me want the console now.

Then there's the Xbox Live subscription. I'm kinda fed up with paying it now, and if Sony continue their free service then that's another plus.

TV is useless for me, firstly will this be able to link into my Tivo box? If so, can I still record, set timers, do all the stuff I can already do? Half the features won't be available in the UK like that fantasy team thing they showed, and in any case I have zero need to keep changing channels. I have a kind of gaming room set up where I have my consoles, HDTV, and no TV input. I go in there to whack my headphones on and play games. It frees up the TV in the living room so my gaming doesn't stop my girlfriend from watching tv or movies, and most of the time if we rarely watch TV we do it together. So being able to switch from one to the other is useless to me.

I don't need an all in one box that's going to compromise on gaming graphics to be they way that it is. Sure, I use LoveFilm or NowTV on my PS3 as I can just quickly move it into the bedroom to watch a movie but I feel that's as far as it needs to go.

It's a Shane as I've enjoyed my 360 but the FA t that Spnys machine looks to be more powerful has really tipped the scales for me, and the way MS have been trying to control do much of what we do with products we've paid our own hard earned money for just doesn't sit well with me, even less than having a Kinect sensor that can read my mood via the blood flow around my body sitting there staring at you in a permanently on state....

The TV thing is surely just a throughput with a TV Guide built in that allows you to control it with your voice and gestures. Any recordings you need to make will surely still record on the TiVo or Sky box. Any records you already have just get read from the TiVo or Sky box.

Everywhere I read people are under the impression that you record on the XB1. Maybe I'm wrong but I would have thought it was obvious it's just a feed coming through to the XB1???

PS3 games were what - £40? How much are you consolites going to be ripped off this time round (and happily pay it, even when the games' tech is hopelessly out of date; give that a couple of years)?

I reckon the cost of Xbox live will go up with xbox1.

Of course it will; any excuse to squeeze more money out of people for these damn companies. Personally I think anyone who pays for online gaming is an idiot, but that's just my point of view.

PS3 games were what - £40? How much are you consolites going to be ripped off this time round (and happily pay it, even when the games' tech is hopelessly out of date; give that a couple of years)?

Of course it will; any excuse to squeeze more money out of people for these damn companies. Personally I think anyone who pays for online gaming is an idiot, but that's just my point of view.

Everyone pays for online gaming. It's not free. Some pay more, some pay less, but you are being charged in some fashion for online play.

Everyone pays for online gaming. It's not free. Some pay more, some pay less, but you are being charged in some fashion for online play.

I pay £7.50 per month. That gets me Sky TV, Sky Calls and unlimited broadband which includes online gaming (as well as the rest of the internet of course). You know exactly what I'm talking about - people who buy Xbox Live pay extra for online gaming, on top of their basic internet package charges.

And I wouldn't relax if you're on the Sony side either - how long do you think it'll be before they start ripping people off for online gaming as well?

LLEU4g4.jpg

And in a year or two, it'll be hopelessly out of date compared to a high end (or maybe even midrange) gaming PC - and after all that fanfare. Laughable.

Last edited:
i really don't get his high end pc stuff. i guess i am not into the "i have got the biggest dick" philosophy of life.

A high end graphics card for the PC costs more than a PS4. What's the point of comparing a Ferrari and a Toyota? (insert your favorite average car brand here)

The problem I have with xbox ideas is that they are thinking only for themselves (America).

Same goes for some guys here, PC hardware and games, as well as internet and tv packs might be cheaper where you are, always remember that.

The world is not england & murica best friends forever...

I'd much rather they came up with ideas like instantly switching between 3 games where you left each off than switching between tv channels and skype.

Gimmick it all you want but keep it in the gaming zone.

I think they said you can do that, pause one game and jump into another. Not sure how it works though

PC with AMD HD 7850/or nvidia gtx 660 will cost more than PS4 system for a gaming machine as priority. Because it is so hard not to pair it with at least Intel i5 3570K/ i5 2500K. CPU + GPU themselves cost almost $400.

i really don't get his high end pc stuff. i guess i am not into the "i have got the biggest dick" philosophy of life.

Good try, but for your information my PC is midrange at best. So it's definitely not a case of 'I have the biggest dick' or other such rubbish.

I'm simply stating a fact: all that hoo-hah of 'now is the time' and 'ultimate stage', yet in a couple of years both consoles will be out of date, and once again holding back gaming progress as the two predecessors have done for four or five years now. While PS4/Xbox One owners will be stuck with the machine as it is, when my PC is out of date, I'll drop a new GPU or CPU into it and hey presto. The latest games will run at the highest settings.

A high end graphics card for the PC costs more than a PS4. What's the point of comparing a Ferrari and a Toyota? (insert your favorite average car brand here)

And you'd have to be a complete moron to buy a high end card for the PC; when a £400 GPU comes out, there's not a game out there that requires that much power, and by the time there is, it's generally dropped £200 or £300. I live in the real world, and I've never spent more than £150 on a GPU. My latest GPU is an ATI 6850, which cost £99 (yes) and came with a copy of DiRT 3. It handles every single game I care to throw at it. My previous card was an ATI X1950XT - I saw it in PC Gamer for £300. Six months later, it had dropped to £150 which is when I bought it.

This whole idea that PC Gaming is prohibitively expensive, and that you need to spend £400 on your machine every year is a myth - the only people that spout that rubbish are those who only game on consoles. The last time I upgraded my PC was when the HDD died - so it was a necessity more than an upgrade. The last time I upgraded my PC because I wanted to was a good three years ago now.

Most of the games I care about aren't even available on the pc so bleh

Good for you; my gaming tastes happen to cover a much wider field.

Last edited:
So, Microsoft announced that ALL gaming headphones, like the Turtle Beach and Trittons, will NOT have the chat portion of gaming headsets compatible with the Xbox One. Fucking outrageous.

They then go on to proudly announce a partnership with Turtle Beach for new, compatible headsets. Convenient.

Well, if Sony's console comes with a standard line-in port like the PS3 does (along with virtually every other piece of electrical hardware) and allows me to use my Tritton surround sound headphones on PS4, then MS can go do one. I bought my headphones this year, I absolutely love them, but they cost nearly £100. I ain't forking out for another identical but compatible pair just because Microsoft say so.

If I can use my headphones on PS4 then that's that settled in my eyes.

Last edited:
So, Microsoft announced that ALL gaming headphones, like the Turtle Beach and Trittons, will NOT have the chat portion of gaming headsets compatible with the Xbox One. Fucking outrageous.

They then go on to proudly announce a partnership with Turtle Beach for new, compatible headsets. Convenient.

Now that is a piss take.

Back
Top Bottom