Need for Speed : Shift

more challenging...:) but it isn't supposed to be i think. whatever. if you guys enjoy it...as long as you don't start to call it the real driving simulator. ;)
It is suppose to be challenging. if you want, turn all aids on and your good to go. if you still cant drive the car properly then your a shit driver and should stick to play dirt 2 instead ;)

A real driving sim is the ones you play on pc's and because many here dont game on a pc, most would think forza and GT are driving sims:BOP:

It is suppose to be challenging. if you want, turn all aids on and your good to go. if you still cant drive the car properly then your a shit driver and should stick to play dirt 2 instead ;)

A real driving sim is the ones you play on pc's and because many here dont game on a pc, most would think forza and GT are driving sims:BOP:

Jonney, normal people actually do enjoy socializing online. :SMUG:

Jonney I think what he means is that it's hard because it's a bit stupid, the way that the fast cars are all over the place (they're not as bad as that in reality). That's what he's saying.

So in other words, it's unrealistically hard (unnecessarily hard). It goes over the top, it's not a simulation, it's just got dodgy controls in the fast cars.

It's a good little game but personally I wouldn't put it up there with Forza and PGR. I'd say it's better than GRID and possibly GT. So it's average for me.

Managed to sneak half hour last night and happy to say liked it much more than my first experience.

I guess the expectations of it being good had gone and it was surprising how fun it was (thanks for the control configs Mendoza!).

Some good tracks to drive on, lots of action and didnt realise there was the whole upgrade/vinyl etc path to go down too.

Might dig the wheel out the weekend if I have another go!

I'm enjoying the game but the reckless aggression of the AI cars is annoying sometimes.

Also I played a couple races online, one was jerky but I then hosted a race and it was smooth.

How does the Burnout style track times work?

Has anyone had a good timing racing in a Bughatti?

I can't keep the bloody thing on the road and the car insists on overriding me and leans to the left all the time. The CPU gets their digs in too, they taking me out one by one.

Has anyone had a good timing racing in a Bughatti?

I can't keep the bloody thing on the road and the car insists on overriding me and leans to the left all the time. The CPU gets their digs in too, they taking me out one by one.

Are you doing the invitational event where you have to race around the Nord? Just keep at it I went all over the place and managed to finish top :D Zonda F is a better Supercar tho ;)

EA has just trumpeted that a Need for Speed: Shift demo will be offered this Thursday on PS3 and Xbox 360.

The sampler opens the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps and London River for testing, and puts four cars at your disposal: BMW M3 (E46), 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10, 2006 Lotus Elise 111R and 2008 Nissan GT-R. If you can unlock it, the 2006 Pagani Zonda F is also up for grabs.

The PC demo is already available from the Need for Speed: Shift website.

Need for Speed: Shift has already been released, and its core-racing makeover debut was solid and commendable. Whether that's enough to stand up to Forza Motorsport 3 in late October, we'll have to wait and see.

Pop over to our Need for Speed: Shift review to find out more.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/nfs-shift-console-demo-on-thursday

EA has just trumpeted that a Need for Speed: Shift demo will be offered this Thursday on PS3 and Xbox 360.

The sampler opens the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps and London River for testing, and puts four cars at your disposal: BMW M3 (E46), 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10, 2006 Lotus Elise 111R and 2008 Nissan GT-R. If you can unlock it, the 2006 Pagani Zonda F is also up for grabs.

Need for Speed: Shift has already been released, and its core-racing makeover debut was solid and commendable. Whether that's enough to stand up to Forza Motorsport 3 in late October, we'll have to wait and see.

That's abit late isn't it? :LOL:

i've canned it, got rid. Getting pissed off with the shitty handling of fast cars.

It isnt realistic at all, im a trained police response driver and I know how a car feels at its limits (not a veyron, but you know what i mean) and the amount of correction and steering tweaks you have to do is outrageous. Car designers would all be shot if every car had back end swing on every corner, it's just stupid.

There is no fluid line to be had on any course at all, even a corner taken at correct speed and line feels like its messy and out of control.

Sorry but this had huge potential and now well its just a disappointment.

Cool. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up not buying it anyway, but I'd still like to try it out, even if just for the eye, and ear, candy.

Tried the demo and thought it was going to be alright until I tried to turn corners and found that my car would skid about on its own. Really strange.

Traded it in today. I like the game but I got Fifa 10, OSDT and I prefer to play Dirt 2 than Need for Speed. Got £30 from HMV. Paid £35 for it so well happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom