NBA Thread

Deez finals man!

Last night I was emotional :LOL: I just could not believe my eyes, as this Cleveland team just wouldn't give up, LeBron was phenomenal.

But then came the final quarter, I'm not sure it was fatigue, if it was Warriors being 'turned on' to close the game, its probably a mix of both.

Looking at the bigger picture though, if Cleveland loose this series I don't really think people will remember how great LeBron was. And if the Warriors win I also don't think people will acknowledge how great the Warriors were.

LeBron will face the typical 'he is a choker, he can't win alone, he is no MJ, etc', even though its a team game in the end.

Now the Warriors, people will say they didn't faced Kyrie and Love, every team they faced had an injury, everything conspired for them to win, even though what ifs are only speculation, for example Kyrie and Love, even though amazing players, they change the team in a negative way as well, and that's why the Warriors are a terrific team, they adjust and adapt to the opponent.

Both things may have some sort of truth to it, but damn are these finals amazing.

It is not over though, Warriors can still loose and people will claim LeBron is the goat, while a jump shooting team can't win it all.

It's just a team game fellas, a wonderful team game!

Last edited:
Great game.

Some things I took from it:
Some spicy curry was put on that deli sandwich. Barkley was right
Steph is the GOAT shooter hands down
Lebron has a high b-ball IQ but he still makes a lot of dumb decisions - letting the clock run down before taking a bad jumpers and the 8 sec violation stand out
CLE might as well go BIG. Playing small ball plays to GS strengths
CLE offense can be painful to watch sometimes. The ball doesn't move and Lebron Just ISO's

Can you believe that? First, sauce hits the Evo-Web jackpot by winning our fantasy. And, the cherry on top of the cake, the freaking Golden State Warriors, with their superior basketball display all season long, win the f*cking NBA title! I repeat: CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

Fortunately your luck is about to end sooner rather than later as I'm going to recoup my fantasy title :BLEH: and the Knicks will rise to the top... Erm, maybe not. :(

Parabéns cara! :BOP:

Happy for sauce and Golden State! Well deserved!! Like, MJ, you don't win it all in your first seasons, you learn and play better...I will rise next year and take the Fantasy throne!!!

as for the Raptors...can they at least make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs? Please???

Thanks fellas.

I wish you all luck in the fantasy and the real NBA next season :D

Don't forget what I keep saying here, the NBA is brutal. The cap rules make things move fast, a couple of years ago Warriors had no hope, stuck with bad contracts, not attracting players, and then we gambled!
We gave great money to great players, but lets not forget people questioned them, specially Andre and Bogut, I'd put even Lee as a gamble, our first one actually and the guy started changing the whole thing, seeing those 3 guys happy in the end was really great for me.
Making a roster is taking risks and Joe Lacob did it, but that risk made our window short in my opinion. After next year, I can't really see how we keep this team that deep and with that chemistry, unless we go over the cap, but that's the price of success we won't be able to keep everybody. Still I do believe we are about to clear cap room in 2 years so we can be in position to gamble again, I believe that KD dude will have a call from us, and I bet he will at least think about being the 3 splash brother.
So don't lose hope TSO and ss4_goku, things move fast, basketball players are big dudes and those knees hurt, staying fit is tough, one day they are top players the other they are done, its sad but true.

Last edited:
Told you Warriors will take it when down 2-1 and many fearing the worst. ;)

Congrats! Golden State simply deserved it. Best team by far from start of regular season to end of post-season. Pure dominance!

And happy for Andre Iguodala! My 2nd fav player behind D-Wade and he never quite got the recognition he deserved despite being jack of all trades and multiple All-Star. Maybe finally the average basketball fan will realize just what a huge asset he is on both ends of the court now that he was named MVP of the finals.

I`ve always like Iggy. He was set up to fail from the get go in Philly where he was promoted and put on a pedestal by the Sixers as the apparent successor to Iverson even though he never had the skill-set to be the number 1 option on a team. If I had to put money on it I would say its 60(WSH)-40(OKC) Durant goes to DC to play with Wall and Beal.

What do you guys think of the new Clippers logo?? I thought it looked familiar...
CD8mkMiW0AABNIA.jpg

Congrats Sauce! After winning the NBA twice in the last two editions of NBA 2K with the Warriors, it's about time they made it in reality.

Kevin Durant loved Vince Carter when he played for the Raptors...so, maybe he'd like to be Carter version 2?? hahaha, i dream on....

Well to be honest Durant's already better than Carter ever was so he would be an upgrade, version 2: higher bball IQ, taller, and more efficient ...but ya, pipe dream

I like Porzingis, he seems like a very dedicated and no non-sense type of player judging from his interviews. It's ridiculous to call him the next Milicic or Bargnani already.

Looking forward to seeing some Summer League, I need to feel the void that came after the finals.

Did you boo the pick?

I loved the pick! Porz has all the tools to become a phenomenal player in this league and he seems a hard worker so eventually he'll get there. However, I'm septical regarding NY as the right environment for him to grow up. It will take time and I'm not sure if the Knicks will be able to give him that as I'm not so sure what direction we are heading to. But hey, Phil picked him for a reason! :)

And with the draft done, its time to turn to the Free Agents who can sign with teams after July 9th. They can speak with teams on July 1st. So far, reports show that there are a few "completed" deals already:

Pierce goes to Clippers to play with Doc Rivers again for 3 years worth $10 Million
DeMarre Carroll will play with DeMar DeRozan in Toronto for $60 million in 4 years
Tyson CHandler agrees to a deal with the Suns

Let's see where David West, Dwayne Wade and LaMarcus Aldrige will be leaving for as Milsap, Thompson and Love all decide to stay where they are.

Even if we don't get Aldridge, Ryan Mcdonough has made me a believer again.

If we do get Aldridge I hope we can keep Len, Markieff and Warren.

Players are getting payed this free agency :PINKS:

I wonder what will happen in a couple of years though, even with the cap jumping, I'm almost certain some of these contracts will look bad and teams will get stuck.
But I guess that's the business, teams work with a little margin at the salary cap, bad contracts will never go away.

Jordan to the mavs. Woah! Clips might not make the playoffs next year. They need to be on Biyombo's doorstep right now if they have any money left. A cool 3 mil should be enough. Tired of the Aldridge hype. Just sign with the Spurs already.

Wow yeah DJ goes to Mavs and Aldrige to Spurs!

Dallas got Wes Matthews as well of course while Biyombo is now a Raptor. Rondo to Kings.

Some interesting off-season moves.

Not feeling RoLo for the Knicks as well. Players are getting paid, even more if you're a C.

Rondo to Kings.

I'll laugh so hard if they gey Josh Smith ahahah Boogie, WCS, Rajon, Josh, George Karl? Are you kidding me? Setting themselves up for drama! What a nightmare! Go for JR while you are at it!

And Aldrige signs with Spurs!!! They're unstoppable!

Not so sure about that. Look at the injuries they had this past year. Duncan, Manu and Tony are in their mid to late 30`s and have a lot of miles on them. I like the signing though and he should pair up nicely with Leonard once the old guard retires. Great starting five on paper.

Don`t like the Carroll signing for Toronto. Too much for someone who is not a real difference maker.

All Dallas needs is a point. Almost anyone would be an upgrade over Harris. They need someone who can run the pick and roll as Jordan gets 80 percent of buckets off rolls and alley oops. Maybe we will find out if he has a post game cuz the Clips sure didn`t run anything for him with Blake around.

Indiana gains Monta but loses Roy. Losing Roy is huge. You need a rim protector

MIL should be a lot better this year provided everyone stays healthy and Parker is as good as advertised

Lakers will be better this year despite losing out on LA and Monroe

Was thinking the same thing Review. LA don't make the Spurs unstoppable, it surely makes them better, but every year is a grind, if come the playoffs they are all healthy then they might be favorites, but I don't think its a move for them to win now anyway, its more like a replacement for the future.

Also Spurs defense have not been that good lately anyway apart from the octopus Leonard, and Green when turned on, and now they will probably lose some depth. Not to mention their division that is crazy good.

Grizzlies been sneakily good this offseason.

Last edited:
Yea they had not sign West when we wrote though.

That is a nice backup for them, in theory they replaced Splitter/Baynes for Aldridge/West, I thought their backups would be average backups, West an overqualified backup for sure.

But they need to find a replacement for Joseph in my opinion, he was a nice energy guy and played good defense, Belinelli will be less missed as he was a bit anti-Pop at times, kinda of in a Manu-ish way often taking stupid stupid shots, but he was a more than good shooter, perhaps their best.

They will be Spurs, kinda of disappointing through the regular season, and come playoff time they will why flip the monster switch.

Back
Top Bottom