NBA 2K14

Ffs. Found myself opening the game and... Not playing it. Just listening to music in it xD.

LeBron you listen to some nice tunes if you've created the OST like written on tin ;).

Great choice :D.

Just won first game and feel great... The presentation values this game holds are impressive (from intro, to player movements/what is happening on playing field, half-time Sprint player presentation, full time Player of the Game presentation -> absolute cracker!).

Yeah, NBA 2k13 had the same, but never got hooked on NBA games before. This one just asks to be played... The controls are so natural now too. Unbelievable :).

Last edited:
Great to hear! I'm waiting to play it in next gen, which is good because right now I have too many games to play!

Well, I want it in NG because there's no other game that I want more than this one, so instead of spending money in Fifa, Battlefield or whatever, I prefer this beauty to be my first next-gen game ;)

this game puts football games (especially PES) to shame. Feels so polished and realistic.

Ffs. Found myself opening the game and... Not playing it. Just listening to music in it xD.

LeBron you listen to some nice tunes if you've created the OST like written on tin ;).

Great choice :D.

Just won first game and feel great... The presentation values this game holds are impressive (from intro, to player movements/what is happening on playing field, half-time Sprint player presentation, full time Player of the Game presentation -> absolute cracker!).

Yeah, NBA 2k13 had the same, but never got hooked on NBA games before. This one just asks to be played... The controls are so natural now too. Unbelievable :).

Reading many user reviews online and it doesn't seem like many are giving it many praises. Seems like a step-down from 2k12-13 and mostly a graphical update?

Not sure I want this now. I'd rather wait for nextgen as well.

Much better than 2k12 and 2k13 imo. Only graphics similiar.

Reading reviews of sports games is useless.

why 2K is not working for football game ? NBA2K14 is great..we need another competitor beside PES,FIFA

nba-2k14-nextgen-ps4-lebron-e1381785681420.jpg

null_zps18275953.jpg

Last edited:
Reading many user reviews online and it doesn't seem like many are giving it many praises. Seems like a step-down from 2k12-13 and mostly a graphical update?

Reviewers base their quotes/reviews too much on change/new things...
A nearly perfect game is hard to revolutionize...
The honeymoon period of the gamespress with this game is basically over...expectless and less good reviews for this franchise. This doesn't mean their games are bad, however...

IMO it's awesome. The play is so fluent. Once you get a hang of the right stick it's so much fun. Moves are easy to pull off, and it's feels awesome if you tear a defense apart.

Reviewers base their quotes/reviews too much on change/new things...
A nearly perfect game is hard to revolutionize...
The honeymoon period of the gamespress with this game is basically over...expectless and less good reviews for this franchise. This doesn't mean their games are bad, however...

However…

Every year 2K developers make few weird mistakes. For example, classic Utah Jazz playbook is completely wrong this year, 25 of 3000 plays are broken when CPU uses them etc. Those things are the biggest “problems” for hardcore NBA fans and that’s what they are complaining about on OS forum. “Problems” like that can be solved in one hour of roster editing! Not to mention that every year fans make custom rosters with additional teams, CF for new players and coaches and many other thing…

And then, you have absolutely fantastic game. I’m not exaggerating. It is mind-blowing. Moreover, every year 2K (somehow) manage to improve it even further!

You're right about playbooks, its quite mess. Also they removed plays practice mode which will make roster modders much harder job to fix playbooks on every team.

Previous two games were much uglier right from the box tho. This one is pretty balanced, can't wait for serious roster mods now!

Could easily look like this. ;)

Doesn't look that much more demanding, so I am pretty sure sooner than later we will see this engine on PC (trailer was made and rendered on PC after all :)).

Obviously a PC can run that, it's just that some people were saying that the current gen version on PC can look almost as good as the next gen version with some mods, and obviously it can't.

Looking at animations alone, yeah, CG can't match it, they also probably upped physical play stats there. ;)

Graphically I expected more if completely honest, but in motion, hail to the king!

Anyway, going back to play CG version xD. It's so fucking addicting! O_O HILFE! Association is amazing mode btw xD.

Back
Top Bottom