NBA 2K14

Man, My Career is the hardest mode of any sports game I've ever played. You're so reliant on your AI teammates, and they're complete idiots most of the time.

Plus there definitely seems to be some 4th quarter handicapping going on. My whole teams' shooting goes to hell if it's a tight game in the 4th.

Anyway, hopefully after investing 10 hours in the game, my 'rookie' might actually demonstrate a little basketball ability.

It's been like that since they first introduced the mode, very frustrating but also addictive.

Yeah, it really is a strange beast. Sometimes I really like it, but others I just think it's unfairly harsh. Occasionally my point guard will get the ball and literally just stand there for the 24 seconds, finally getting double teamed and blocked.

I set picks, I run around in circles, I hammer the pass button - nadda.

I'm also still missing outrageously easy shots. It's hard to get into the mood when your player (and I've got my 'close shot' up to like 85 now) can't hit an open jumper from 8 feet.

My theory is they've made it incredibly hard and charge people to 'buy' skill points - but this isn't available on PC. Sure you could develop your player over time, but it'd take months of play to make him a true great.

Its the main reason that I usually play as a pass first point guard, that way I run the team, ignore the coaches awful play calling (the same five plays on repeat) and do things properly.

Its best to change your jumper to an easy one and then when you have can buy a real easy shot, I try to create a unique one for my player but I always go back to a real players shot because the mode forces you to miss shots (more than usual).

Steve Nash's shot is great, nice stroke and a quick release,

Shooting is also affected by whether you're using the shot stick to shoot or a face button.

Its the main reason that I usually play as a pass first point guard, that way I run the team, ignore the coaches awful play calling (the same five plays on repeat) and do things properly.

Its best to change your jumper to an easy one and then when you have can buy a real easy shot, I try to create a unique one for my player but I always go back to a real players shot because the mode forces you to miss shots (more than usual).

Steve Nash's shot is great, nice stroke and a quick release,

Shooting is also affected by whether you're using the shot stick to shoot or a face button.

Interesting - not sure what you mean there? I've switched away from the stick cause I kept shooting when trying to dribble, but how do I 'choose' an easy shot?

To switch to an easier shot edit your players jump shot, choose one of the first shots for both slots.

Regarding the shot stick, in controller settings change from default to isomotion/... This will allow you to dribble without interference. If you want to use the shot stick to shoot (it's great for layups), hold L2 and 'shoot'.

I'll edit this and explain better when I play the game tomorrow.

For some reason I came to grips with the default control and I have never shot when I meant to dribble. It requires gentle pushes and knowing the right moves, which sometimes is difficult, and in the heat of the moment you may end up doing a fadeaway when you wanted a regular shot.

But using the right stick opens up a lot of animations and things I would never see using a button. I like the way you can express with the right stick.

My main problem is still the rubber band effect that kicks practically in all matches. They should diffuse it a lot because it's so apparent that feels artificial.

Beachryan are you playing as a PG?

Beachryan are you playing as a PG?

Yeah, most of the time. Often in the 1st Q I'll be put as a SF, which is also annoying given that the PG taht replaces me loves driving, getting knocked back, walking into the corner and stepping out of bounds ;)

I *may* have cheated a little bti to get myself up into the top 30 at my position in the league. Things are a lot better now : )

Press right/left on the d pad and you can control your team mates (similar to Association), this can make them more focused.

Last edited:
nba-2k15-your-time-has-come_03C0025600661682.jpg

October 7th

There are still bugs to fix on 14... :(

They never fix those. There is same bug reported since 2k11 :LOL:.

Hopefully, NG 2k15 will blow us away (I am glued to 2k14 on PC though, only tried NG for few games, but it's far better gameplay wise, but game modes it's a win for CG :P).

There are still bugs to fix on 14... :(

Loads. The game has more bugs than the amazon rainforest. Stopped playing it a few months ago as there were too many things in the old gen game that they got rid of for next gen. Let's hope 2K15 delivers.

Can't believe how realistic that game is. Played OKC vs LAC on NBA Today yesterday and ended up winning with a comeback win with OKC. Durant had 39 points and Ibaka left the game with an injury.

Same happenend today in reality :D

25 Euroleague teams in NBA 2K15

Alba Berlin
Anadolu Efes Istanbul
Brose Baskets Bamberg (new)
Budivelnik Kyiv (new)
Crvena Zvezda Telekom Belgrade (new)
CSKA Moscow
EA7 Emporio Armani Milan
FC Barcelona
FC Bayern Munich (new)
Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul (new)
JSF Nanterre (new)
Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius (new)
Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar (new)
Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
Montepaschi Siena
Olympiacos Piraeus
Panathinaikos Athens
Partizan NIS Belgrade (new)
Real Madrid
Stelmet Zielona Góra (new)
Strasbourg (new)
Unicaja Málaga
Zalgiris Kaunas

Fack this shit. Why more Euro league teams? Give me national teams instead and a FIBA mode.

Back
Top Bottom