My PES 2010 response times are sorted..

Bendit

Champions League
12 November 2005
UEFA CL
I have been playing the PC demo non-stop with all the wicked mods already out. It's been great, apart from the response time issues frustrating me here and there.

But today I stumbled across a strange 'fix' on my system for most of the response time issues. How do I know it is 'fixed' and not my imagination? Well now I can control the ball about as well as PES 2009, especially noticeable near the sidelines and when being closed down with the ball. I no longer have to think two seconds ahead as I had to before with PES 2010.

So what happened?

PES 2008 and 2009 were very strange, in that the game speed seemed tied to the monitor refresh rate. I use an nice old CRT monitor and playing above 60hz made the game way too fast. It drove me a bit nuts using a flickering CRT @ 60HZ, but I got used to it in the end.

When I first played the PES 2010 demo I just assumed the problem would be the same. In any case the game defaults to 60Hz refresh rate, whatever resolution was selected. However just today I decided to use a third party program to force the refresh rate of the monitor to the maximum that the resolution supported.

First I tried 1600x1200 @ 72Hz instead of 60Hz. Wow. Response times were quite a bit better! At first I thought maybe the whole game was running faster, as it would have at the 72Hz refresh rate with PES 2008/2009. To test that theory I changed resolution to 1152x864 @ 100Hz. But voila, the game speed remained the same. Only the response times were still much better than at 60Hz!

Don't ask me why this worked for me. But this has made a big enough difference for me to make PES 2010 a whole different game. I was already enjoying it before, but now the game is awesome!

Obviously what I did may not help everyone with problems, since all our systems are different. But if you try these settings and notice a difference then let us others know here!

System : XP, Nvidia 9600GT card, Drivers 190.62, CRT monitor.

BTW I used the free program called 'RefreshForce' to force the refresh rate to the maximum the resolution supported.
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

My settings:
pes2010settings.gif

pes2010settings2.gif

Last edited:
response time is the main issue looks like your settings are fine, the only limitation the demo has is the response time of players, shifty way of presenting the game in a very limited fashion, just visuals no gameplay or almost not a soccer game

response time is the main issue looks like your settings are fine, the only limitation the demo has is the response time of players, shifty way of presenting the game in a very limited fashion, just visuals no gameplay or almost not a soccer game

maybe it's a football game ahahahah....strange concept of football mate.

Before I waste my time testing it, can you post a fraps screenshot with the fps displayed ?

Because with V-Sync turned on, at 75hz, you should get up to 75fps ( provided your computer can render so many ).

If your FPS are still locked at 60, it's just your imagination.

Thanks for the effort anyway, waiting for your reply.

i can't believe it man..nice find i follow your steps and now it works like a charm!!! unbelievable mate.:APPLAUD:

Thanks for actually testing it yourself and posting your results. I am so glad it is sorted for you too.

Before I waste my time testing it, can you post a fraps screenshot with the fps displayed ?

Sorry, but it's not quite worth my time downloading and install FRAPS, taking screenshots, uploading etc in an attempt to convince just one person. I know people post snake oil cures for gaming problems all the time, and I take most of them with a grain of salt. However if someone bothers to make an articulate post, proposing a clear solution to a problem, then I do pay attention, especially if others independently confirm the results.

It's really up to you if it is worth 3-5 minutes of your time testing these settings for yourself. But if you have Windows XP, an Nvidia card and a CRT monitor I think it's REALLY worth trying. Believe me, if it works for you, you will notice a big difference immediately. I have played dozens of hours of the demo already before this, and a couple since, so I know there has been a big change.

As for this method working with LCD monitors, ATI cards and other Windows versions, I just don't know because I don't have them myself to test. But if others post their setups and results we can get a better idea.

Last edited:
PES 2008 and 2009 were very strange, in that the game speed seemed tied to the monitor refresh rate. I use an nice old CRT monitor and playing above 60hz made the game way too fast. It drove me a bit nuts using a flickering CRT @ 60HZ, but I got used to it in the end.

When I first played the PES 2010 demo I just assumed the problem would be the same. In any case the game defaults to 60Hz refresh rate, whatever resolution was selected. However just today I decided to use a third party program to force the refresh rate of the monitor to the maximum that the resolution supported.

First I tried 1600x1200 @ 72Hz instead of 60Hz. Wow. Response times were quite a bit better! At first I thought maybe the whole game was running faster, as it would have at the 72Hz refresh rate with PES 2008/2009. To test that theory I changed resolution to 1152x864 @ 100Hz. But voila, the game speed remained the same. ...

great news for all crt-users. finally konami sorted this issue.
thank you for this post.

Sorry, but it's not quite worth my time downloading and install FRAPS, taking screenshots, uploading etc in an attempt to convince just one person. I know people post snake oil cures for gaming problems all the time, and I take most of them with a grain of salt. However if someone bothers to make an articulate post, proposing a clear solution to a problem, then I do pay attention, especially if others independently confirm the results.

It's really up to you if it is worth 3-5 minutes of your time testing these settings for yourself. But if you have Windows XP, an Nvidia card and a CRT monitor I think it's REALLY worth trying. Believe me, if it works for you, you will notice a big difference immediately. I have played dozens of hours of the demo already before this, and a couple since, so I know there has been a big change.

The thing is that RefreshForce is permanent so there's no coming back. I have a CRT monitor, Fraps, a nvidia video card ( 9800GTX ) and XP.

So I'll trust you, try it as soon as I'm back home and I'll post a fraps screenshot myself then.

But like I said thanks anyway for the effort :))

The thing is that RefreshForce is permanent so there's no coming back.

It's easy enough to undo any changes with Refreshforce. Just click on Restore Original Settings. Anyway I hope it works for you, and tell us how it goes.

Last edited:
Oh son of a ...... it works :SHOCK::APPLAUD:

Thanks for not posting that screenshot because I wouldn't have bothered since I still get 60 fps but that's because it's a built-in frame limiter to maintain game speed.

I immediately noticed it in menus because the monitor was flickering more than it should ( 1600*900 @100Hz on a 4/3 CRT monitor so it's normal ). I started a game and rofl..

And it works perfect for me at 1600*1200 75Hz :BOP:

So thanks man :WORSHIP:

Try it guys !

And it works perfect for me at 1600*1200 75Hz :BOP:

Hey that's great. I am so glad it is working for you luikang and others.

Please keep posting what systems you can get it working on. Is it RefreshForce that is doing it for all of us? I assume the operating system may not matter...?

PES 2010 absolutely rocks for me now. I had four awesome 20 minutes matches against a friend tonight.

d3doverrider.
actually i find the game a little faster.
doing the math id say 1/4 (75/60, coincidently).

Yeah maybe. Can you test a higher resolution which has a maximum refresh of 60HZ to see if the speed is the same? I tested lower resolutions at 85HZ and 100Hz and the speed was the same.

And whats new on this ?
I saw this advice on evoweb before....

I must be going blind. Can you please point me to the thread?

Last edited:
someone posted that it runs faster whit 75 hz, i tested it and it was rly better.

now whit new drivers theres no point to set it up, it runs smooth whitout it.

dont know wich thread it was in sry

thought it was already known for all :D

Last edited:
I have ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 graphics card....

recently I installed smoke patch and the gameplay has slowed down...
Can someone please suggest me something to accelerate my gaameplay speed...

:PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

I have been playing the PC demo non-stop with all the wicked mods already out. It's been great, apart from the response time issues frustrating me here and there.

But today I stumbled across a strange 'fix' on my system for most of the response time issues. How do I know it is 'fixed' and not my imagination? Well now I can control the ball about as well as PES 2009, especially noticeable near the sidelines and when being closed down with the ball. I no longer have to think two seconds ahead as I had to before with PES 2010.

So what happened?

First I tried 1600x1200 @ 72Hz instead of 60Hz. Wow. Response times were quite a bit better! At first I thought maybe the whole game was running faster, as it would have at the 72Hz refresh rate with PES 2008/2009. To test that theory I changed resolution to 1152x864 @ 100Hz. But voila, the game speed remained the same. Only the response times were still much better than at 60Hz!

Don't ask me why this worked for me. But this has made a big enough difference for me to make PES 2010 a whole different game. I was already enjoying it before, but now the game is awesome!

Obviously what I did may not help everyone with problems, since all our systems are different. But if you try these settings and notice a difference then let us others know here!

:WORSHIP:
Great Explanation Bendit !!
I just read this post ... (it's been here for sometimes but never read it till today ).

Just to confirm that this solution is really working!!

BEFORE I read this post, I've came up with similar SOLUTION as above !!
I tough it's only my imagination, but after applying it on 3 diff. computer (with diff. spec.)..., + reading Bendit's post, then I conclude this should be one of the solution. :BRMM:

i can test it because i have LCD and it cannt know more than 60hz on 1680*1050 by any tools.

:WORSHIP:
Great Explanation Bendit !!

Just to confirm that this solution is really working!!

Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps there should be a thread sticky for the different fixes to the response issues, given how many people it seems to effect? Even the great Juce reported being frustrated by response times in the demo, so it's clearly something that can effect the best of us.

i can test it because i have LCD and it cannt know more than 60hz on 1680*1050 by any tools.

Sorry to hear. Someone else suggested the new video nVidia drivers fixed their problem, so that may be worth trying. For me personally I still need a higher refresh rate than 60Hz, even with the new drivers.

Im i understanding correctly that on your monitor you could not choose 72, 75hz without the third party program? If i in the monitor settings can choose 72, 75hz by default i will not need the third part program?

Im i understanding correctly that on your monitor you could not choose 72, 75hz without the third party program? If i in the monitor settings can choose 72, 75hz by default i will not need the third part program?

Yes, I personally can't set the monitor refresh rate without a third party program. But if you can, just try without it first and then if need be you can download Refresh Force or something similar.

primepeace it's you again!
Have you check your configuration, a process or a backround running could affect your system. for me the game runs perfect far better than pes2009.

yes i confirm after some tries on my own, the game runs smoothly above 75hz (mine is 100)

lord fernando i have no problem running the game my concern is the gameplay, then why the heck is everythink ok with pes 2009? no response time issuesw no laggy gameplay are you really happy with the way things are i cant even get pass one player, no dribbling no passing theres a glue on every players foot how can it be that your fine and i must tell you why the hell have you put your refresh rate on 75hz?? this is not a game that eats performance pes 2010 will be way to fast on 75hz anyway unless mate your playing pinball

forget everything i said ok, i wanna know this .... are you able to dribble the ball and do tricks with pes 2010 like in pes 2009?

dont your players feel robotic?

fernando happy i have tried 75hz now the game stutters extra with those problems i have mentioned you only use 75hz if play first person shooter games that help with fps anyway stuff this right now im enjoying pes 2009, for now iv cursed 2010 until those konami boys release something thats gona put a smile on pes 2010 users

u need to dribble in pes 2010 to past a defender

not like in 2009: stop and accelerate all the time or turn around like a not human being... it was unrealistic as fuck

so watch utube videos how to do it or practise in train mode

u need skill now, no chance just to make a simple turn always and run by the defender

go whit it or play pes 6 or 09 again

Back
Top Bottom