MLB 14 The Show : PS4

PlayStation Europe ✔ @PlayStationEU

MLB 14 The Show will launch on PS4 in EU tomorrow. Many thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
Just checked no sign of it yet probably not until tomorrow afternoon PlayStation EU I suppose

adYkmSk.jpg

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...show/cid=UP9000-CUSA00039_00-MLBTHESHOW14SHEU

So not a complete shafting. More an inappropriate fondling when your back's turned.

Think I paid more than thank (just) for the US credit. Dont mind, it works fine and had the privilege of getting it a week or so earlier!

Paid £38 including fee from G2A for $60 PSN credit so same price really.

When I looked (for MLB), G2A didnt have any big doniminations of $ credit, which was odd. Only 10s and 20s.

You got it a few weeks ago, didn't you? I only bought mine last weekend so they probably got more stock in since?

You got it a few weeks ago, didn't you? I only bought mine last weekend so they probably got more stock in since?

Yea- didnt realise they would not have stock, just took it for granted they'd always supply the codes, so I'll have to make sure I dont leave it to the last minute in future.

I've got $5 credit from the MLB pre order screw up on my US account and will buy some more from somewhere for Watch_Dogs if it reviews well.

Got mine on 15th April, I bought a bunch of €20 giftcards they were selling for €18.60 and applied them to my own account then bought the $50 US PSN so saved a bit more, ended up being a smidge less than $50 for each $50!

May get this tonight but not really got the first clue about baseball other than you twat it, and run around the bases. 3 strikes and you're out.

Is there a decent enough in-game tutorial? Also how long do games take in game, and does it hold your attention span?

Cheers

I play Road to the show only and because I was struggling (and getting a bit frustrated) with batting I decided to disable everything else so I don't take part in fielding at all, so generally you get 4-6 at bats with the rest simulated so it's often easily less than 10 mins for a game. If on the other hand you want to play full games where you pitch and bat for every player in every innings, you're probably talking an hour per game or something crazy, with fast counts that will be brought down by about 2/3.

As for tutorials, I know the basics myself so haven't had to delve too far into the game's guides but it does look like it does a decent job of explaining everything, as I posted above there's a good hitting guide on a fansite as well, I switched to "Catcher classic 2" last night and my hitting dramatically improved, reading balls a lot better than strikes, I went from being player of the game 2 times in the whole of my MLB 14 playing to winning it 3 times just last night, very happy with that :)

Got the game from the US store last week (which is no problems at all, for us europeans I mean) and it's just all kinds of fun.

I'm struggling in AA after being drafted by the Yankees but I am constantly improving, thankfully.

I've started on beginner difficulty and the game nicely starts with lots of assists and then as I play it gives me options to take more control. So like it pops up 'press O to throw to first base' and if I press nothing it stays as assisted. Let's me pick and choose what to do myself and when.

Then there's a dynamic difficulty that gradually turns assists off and moves you up or down the difficulty as needed.

I started a road to the show game and got lost where it says pick position. I picked one at random as most meant nothing to me and sod's law I ended up as the guy behind the batter catching pitches :(. Gonna have to start a new one now and recreate myself

You can change position, it's under interactions after a couple of weeks you can request a position change (based on the secondary position you have set).

I'd recommend playing as Shortstop (SS), it's a fun position. You'll be involved 1-3 times per inning and usually do something important.

You can change position, it's under interactions after a couple of weeks you can request a position change (based on the secondary position you have set).

Ah I didn't set anything for second and third positions :/

Back
Top Bottom