1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

MLB 14 The Show : PS4

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Placebo, 19 March 2014.

1. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    http://www.baseballisbetter.com/post/80022971985/mlb-14-on-ps4-the-ps4-is-the-most-powerful-gaming

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YouTube - MLB 14 The Show I Dev Blog: Road To The Show Evolves

Looking very impressive, especially the lighting, not a fan of the sport to watch but I find Baseball games pretty fun to play, especially when you create yourself as a "VP" and put yourself into a team and work your way up, always choose the Mets for some reason, guess it's the fallen giant thing, reminds me of us ;)

2. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    I'm in the same boat. Don't watch it but like the games. I've been waiting for some ps4 news from this, so far it's just been ps3 footage on their videos.

3. drekkard

drekkard International

23 March 2005
    Barcelona
    Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
    It always seemed quite boring in real life, but always heard great things of this series. Do you know if they usually ship a demo at some point? Would be tempted to try it, gameplaywise it could be interesting, the same way I loved NHL94-76 even though I really dislike hockey.

4. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    They usually do have a demo on ps3. I'm hoping the same will be true for ps4.

5. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Watched the Road to the Show video and it looks fantastic, really can imagine myself playing that mode and enjoying it :)

6. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
  7. zeemeister

zeemeister foxy engine

8 September 2006
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Albiceleste/Blaugrana
    Love this series but skipped the last one. Great game though

8. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    I'll pick this up from the US PSN store I think, easier than importing.

9. brunnoce

brunnoce It's a Grand Old Team

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    dang... as i was affraid, ill have to pull the plug and get a ps4 in may :(

10. Review

Review One year wonder

7 October 2012
    MUFC and NY Knicks
    The game looks amazing. Quick count sounds like a great time saver. Can't wait to try it out.

11. pboreham

pboreham Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Gonna be amazing on the ps4 no doubt about it.

Got the Vita version the other day and that's the best handheld version yet. Quick counts really works well, though you have to try hard to remember to check the count and make sure you are reading to seeing on 1-2s or 3-2s etc.

12. Review

Review One year wonder

7 October 2012
    MUFC and NY Knicks
    How long does it take you to finish a game? I'm hoping for 30 mins max.

13. brunnoce

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton

with the new quick counts feture i belive it would take less than 30 mins. Before that took me an average of 50 minutes...

14. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Can you save in the middle of games?

15. brunnoce

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    Yes, u could on ps3 13.. i didnt get 14.

16. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    QC games can defo be done in half hour. Games can be saved at any time which is awesome.

I might just do QC on vita and full counts on ps4 as it's quite a part of the whole experience having to work the batter. It's like playing a football game but only taking over in the 18 yard box!! Not saying it's a bad thing because it's a novel idea and does work in the context of what they are doing.

17. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Couple of new videos on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/1...el-puig-in-mlb-14-the-show-first-ps4-gameplay

Hunter Pence vs. Yasiel Puig in MLB 14: The Show - First PS4 Gameplay 47:32

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/1...s-mlb-14-the-show-ps4-home-run-derby-gameplay

Yasiel Puig vs. Hunter Pence: Who Can Hit More Home Runs? - MLB 14: The Show (PS4) Home Run Derby Gameplay 10:59 (not sure if this is just a shorter version of stuff found in the previous video)

1080p versions on Youtube!

YouTube - MLB 14: The Show - Puig vs Pence - IGN Live Presents

YouTube - Creating Your Player in Road to the Show - MLB 14: The Show (PS4) Gameplay

YouTube - Hunter Pence vs. Yasiel Puig in MLB 14: The Show - First PS4 Gameplay

Last edited: 15 April 2014
  18. brunnoce

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    I watched the live stream yesterday, ttyt i was a bit dissapointed, after the screenshots i was expecting a bigger gfx jump, like more clothing movment or stuff like that... to me it looks like the ps3 version but in fullhd, not bad by anymeans, but i was expecting more... Imo evan FIFA current to next gen jump was bigger in gfx terms...

19. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Maybe as I haven't played the previous ones but judging by the videos it seems a pretty big jump, looking forward to my first MLB :)

20. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Was exactly my feelings too - I put as much on AVF a week or so ago. The PS3 version was always one of the better/best looking games on the system anyways, so its harsh to say it doesnt look great... but... it doesnt look MUCH better.

The lighting is nice, the models are a bit more detailed etc... I'm just hoping once it all comes together it will have that Next Gen shine.

Still really looking forward to it. Just remembered the social sharing stuff - be good to save homers and good plays etc.

Been playing the Vita version to death, so hoping the cross-saves work well, then I'll be happy!

21. Ipswich69

Ipswich69 Banned

25 July 2011
    That looks very nice. If only I liked Baseball:( Will be a while before a cricket game looks that good I suspect.

22. Review

Review One year wonder

7 October 2012
    MUFC and NY Knicks

Exactly. The only differences I really see are the unis and the stadiums. Grass looks really good though. Player faces are disappointment when you compare it with NBA 2K14. If it has the same franchise issues as the PS3 version I'm going to pass and just wait for UFC to drop.

23. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
  24. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Nice! The crowds, stadiums and lighting is much better.

Despite my reservations, I'm well pumped for the 6th!

Has anyone been watching any baseball? Always plenty on ESPN.

25. Honome

Honome The Hated Chatbox Murder

16 April 2003
    Brasil
    Fluminense
    I tried to watch it a couple of times already but i end up sleeping in the 5th or 6th inning. :YAWN:

26. brunnoce

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    Im watching plenty (My A`s are rocking atm)...

Still in big doubts if i should pull the plug and get a PS4 only for this.

Like i said before i was expecting more of a jump compared to the PS3 version, by videos i just dont see it... keep in mind a ps4 here in Brazil is pretty expensive(around 700-800 US dollars, imported and without any warranties).

27. brunnoce

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    Ouch, ended up pulling the plug and getting a ps4 hahaha just cant help it, The show is too strong on me...

Anyone feel free to add me on psn. Roll on tuesday!

28. Honome

Honome The Hated Chatbox Murder

16 April 2003
    Brasil
    Fluminense
    Mineiro traidor!!!! :RANT:

29. brunnoce

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    LOL, im keeping my XB1 though ahhaha