MLB 14 The Show : PS4

Stone the crows! 47 gigs! That would take 47 hours to download on my DSL connection.:CONFUSE:

Last edited:
What time does the USA store update? They made a big deal about this bring day 1 digital and yet I see on operation sports that it's not up for download yet. Seems stupid to offer it on day 1 like that but not to put it up till the store updates in the afternoon.

What time does the USA store update? They made a big deal about this bring day 1 digital and yet I see on operation sports that it's not up for download yet. Seems stupid to offer it on day 1 like that but not to put it up till the store updates in the afternoon.

Here on the west coast, it generally updates anywhere between 2 and 6pm, which would be between 10pm and 2am your time.

Available now to download. Seems to go fast (showing just under an hour on my 100mbps virgin line) but then keeps erroring and stopping as I assume the server is getting hammered right now. ..

It downloads the core game for about 5gb, then you can start it, takes about 20 minutes to get to the main menu, and then it downloads/installs the rest which is looking like multiple hours, have to say they didn't do a very good job of making it available digitally, will leave my PS4 on over night and hope it's downloaded/installed.

Yea it's shocking really - given all the problems earlier too. For a flagship title, nit been great. Left my ps4 on too and given up for the night.

Left mine on last night to download the rest.

I thought I'd have to leave the game running to download the rest as that's how killzone worked so went to bed on the menu screens. Woke up this morning and found it had gone to standby mode so expected to still be on 20 something %. But turned out it still downloaded while in standby mode so it's all done now.

Quick question. I got a pop up about a new roster update being ready, where do I go to get that?

6 hours in I switched over to see how it was going and it had installed enough to start a demo game cpu v cpu, bloody hell it looks stunning, presentation and visuals are just top notch and the animations are incredible, probably the closest I've seen to a real sport from a game, watched it for about 10 minutes before returning to Sons of Anarchy! :)

Didn't know it downloaded in standby! I Got up for a piss at around 4am and put the ps4 back on to finish downloading the last bit. Really like it though, although not without some slight issues - the slow down is really disappointing and some of the wooden animations remain from the legacy of the series. Wonder how long it will be before they focus solely on ps4 and a better engine? Long, long time I bet.

When it is running smooth though (which too be fair is generally most of the time in play) it looks great and the lighting and smooth animations of the players look very broadcast like.

Just streamed my first game to a few people and didn't disgrace myself, though my Royals went down 3-1 at the Tigers.

Seriously guys do so many people not realise you can download in standby mode.

It's different in the Show though, as you download about 5gb (of the 50gb total), then the rest "installs" (I.e. Downloads) when you run the game. I'm pretty sure you can't do that in standby - don't think mine did anyways, the ps4 powered off to standby and nothing had downloaded hours later.

My first in game homerun :)

YouTube - First #Mlbtheshow homerun :) #ps4

Just started a "road to the show", had a mixed 3 day showcase, few hits, few fielding errors (not a big fan of the fielding camera), ended up being a 3rd round draft and was drafted by the Chicago Cubs :)

Looks like it's benefiting from the choice I made to go with a 7200rpm SSHD, load times are already improving as I play it more :)

For someone who does not understand the rules of Baseball and has never played MLB games in the past, how easy is it to pick up and play?

It's different in the Show though, as you download about 5gb (of the 50gb total), then the rest "installs" (I.e. Downloads) when you run the game. I'm pretty sure you can't do that in standby - don't think mine did anyways, the ps4 powered off to standby and nothing had downloaded hours later.

That's odd as mine did!

I went to bed and left the game on the main menu. Got up this morning and it was in standby mode. Loaded the game up and it's all done. Checked my system settings and I still had it set to go into standby after 20mins inactivity.

For someone who does not understand the rules of Baseball and has never played MLB games in the past, how easy is it to pick up and play?

It's pretty easy to pick up, loads of different modes so you can ease your way into full games where you do everything, start with some batting practice and work your way up from there! :)

Got player of the game in my third rtts game :)

10258056_10203718381899274_5157454240245990644_o.jpg

Nice work Paul!

I had an up and down Scout session too. Mostly poor at-bats, but did get 3 RBIs and a double over the 3 games, plus was decent in the field.

Got picked up by the Mets in the 5th round, so I'm at the AAA Bimington Mets right now.

So due to the 8 hour delay of the digital version just got an Email from Sony:

Thank you for purchasing MLB® 14 THE SHOW™ for the PS4™ system. Unfortunately, the game was not available for download on the expected playable date and time. The issue has since been resolved and the game is now available for download on PlayStation®Store.

As a token of our appreciation for your loyalty and to apologize for any inconvenience, we've provided you with a $5.00 voucher code which can be added to your PSN wallet, and a voucher code for 6,000 Stubs, ($4.99 value), which can be used as in-game currency within MLB 14 The Show.

Pretty impressed with that :)

So due to the 8 hour delay of the digital version just got an Email from Sony:

Pretty impressed with that :)

Yea nice touch, although I don't use my us account to play on, so the stubs are wasted. The $5 can go towards watchdogs later this month though!

Is this available on the UK store or just US?

Was due to be on the uk store yesterday, but pulled last minute with no explanation or future release date. Prob be next week though.

Price is going to be a rip off. I bet it'll be at least £49.99 when it's only $59.99/£35.50 from the US store. With the $10 back from the digital release delay it's essentially only cost me £29.50! :)

Price is going to be a rip off. I bet it'll be at least £49.99 when it's only $59.99/£35.50 from the US store. With the $10 back from the digital release delay it's essentially only cost me £29.50! :)

Saaaay whhaaaaat?

Any sign of this being releases in Ireland & UK. Looks great I want to play it. Not available on psn network either......

Any sign of this being releases in Ireland & UK. Looks great I want to play it. Not available on psn network either......

It was scheduled for release Thursday, but got pulled last minute with a "technical problem". No future date has been announced but it will be released.

Back
Top Bottom