Microsoft Windows 10

Nice way to say you support developers and software companies..

"I am waiting for the pre-activated version"

Yup, but it's too late i already install Windows 10, but guys PES 2010 Just not working on Windows 10! :SHOCK:
I'm using the original game.
Thanks microsoft. The game runs 32-bits. Where is the compatiblity of Windows 7? FAIL.
All the settings does anything to help the game running, just appear the stars loading and already stop working.
Microsoft need a lot of work done to fix all games.

UPDATE: PES 2010 Demo goes to the menu, but after i select one player the game stops working. I read it on the error and detects the game is not compatible with this windows, and need a fix for old programs with 1.5 versions. :(
GTA San Andreas is from 2005 and works a charm.

Last edited:
I want to get Windows 10, but I don't need to. So I don't really know what to do. If it's really an improvement from Windows 7. Whether it'll make my PC faster and improve on gaming performances given my specs (read my signature). I never really even tried Windows 8. Had Windows 7 since it came out so I don't know what to do.

The thought of going through all the trouble of having to back up 100GB of data in vain makes me desist. What do you guys think?

I have on my PC AMD FX-8320 8 CORE 4.0 GHZ , 2X4G DDR3 1600G ADATA XPG CL9 . I'm use basic cooling which is with CPU package . With Windows 7, my PC was as helicopter ... very noisy even in normal use. After Windows 10 upgrade... my the PC is like not working, it's so quiet, even under solid load and gaming .

Last edited:
I can only speak of experience I had.

When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 I got much better performance on start up, Windows booted up noticeably faster (shut down got faster too). In everyday usage it also got faster, though if you overuse your CPU and RAM it can get slowish.

Now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 difference is not that big as between 7 and 8, but I got a bit better performance from my PC. One thing I did notice is that start menu and Microsoft Explorer (or whatever they call it now) feels much more responsive than it was before. Also, apps that I use (not those "modern apps" from microsoft store, but apps like Steam, GOM Player etc.) do seem to start up a bit faster. In games I didn't experience anything different, but that I didn't expect to get from my PC where CPU and especially GFX card are sort of a bottleneck to me.

I want to get Windows 10, but I don't need to. So I don't really know what to do. If it's really an improvement from Windows 7. Whether it'll make my PC faster and improve on gaming performances given my specs (read my signature). I never really even tried Windows 8. Had Windows 7 since it came out so I don't know what to do.

The thought of going through all the trouble of having to back up 100GB of data in vain makes me desist. What do you guys think?

Works really well.I backed up but there was actually no need as the upgrade leaves everything intact and working.

Best familiarize Yourself with the privacy thing though and when installing dont create a Microsoft account if You do not need it.
( Custom install rather than Express install. )

Well guys, i was very frustated.
I just go back to windows 7 again, is not worth it right now.
Waiting for Pre-Activated version :)
Windows 10 is still so fresh for videogames at the moment.

Last edited:
I have on my PC AMD FX-8320 8 CORE 4.0 GHZ , 2X4G DDR3 1600G ADATA XPG CL9 . I'm use basic cooling which is with CPU package . With Windows 7, my PC was as helicopter ... very noisy even in normal use. After Windows 10 upgrade... my the PC is like not working, it's so quiet, even under solid load and gaming .

I can only speak of experience I had.

When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 I got much better performance on start up, Windows booted up noticeably faster (shut down got faster too). In everyday usage it also got faster, though if you overuse your CPU and RAM it can get slowish.

Now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 difference is not that big as between 7 and 8, but I got a bit better performance from my PC. One thing I did notice is that start menu and Microsoft Explorer (or whatever they call it now) feels much more responsive than it was before. Also, apps that I use (not those "modern apps" from microsoft store, but apps like Steam, GOM Player etc.) do seem to start up a bit faster. In games I didn't experience anything different, but that I didn't expect to get from my PC where CPU and especially GFX card are sort of a bottleneck to me.

Works really well.I backed up but there was actually no need as the upgrade leaves everything intact and working.

Best familiarize Yourself with the privacy thing though and when installing dont create a Microsoft account if You do not need it.
( Custom install rather than Express install. )

Thank you all very much for sharing your experiences. I think you got me. I will probably get Windows 10 installed tomorrow.

However @superleeds1 could you please tell me more about what you meant with the privacy thing and the Microsoft account?.

Thank you!

No problem Chuny.
The Microsoft terms & conditions demand a hell of a lot in terms of shared information.
Even updates can be fed form shared private pc networks.
It all depends really om how much You will allow.

Just google windows 10 privacy concerns.

Windows 10 is still so fresh for videogames at the moment.

I currently have installed and played ETS2, Kerbal Space Program, GTA4, MotoGP 13 and rFactor and they all worked as well as they did with Windows 8.1 (with ETS2 maybe 2-3FPS better than before)

No problem Chuny.
The Microsoft terms & conditions demand a hell of a lot in terms of shared information.

Their are things like that in Windows 10, but they are designed so people can get updates quicker.

I have switched it off on my machine and if you think there is 20 million devices all sharing Windows updates you would get them very quickly.

Indeed,but be aware of the full extent of all the information that Microsoft are collecting from You is what I am saying.

No problem Chuny.

Thanks again!

Has anyone been able to perform a fully successful update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without any problems?. Just want to know what I may be facing tomorrow.

I am sure the terms and conditions aren't anywhere near as Facebook and Instagram..

Probably not, but the thread is for guidance and help with Windows 10 and the transition from one system to another.
Anyone doubting the upgrade,its simple to do and works successfully.

So...
I finally got Windows 10. Everything went fine but the Start Menu, the Search Bar and pretty much everything on the Task Bar won't work. It just won't open when I click on it.

I've Googled about this and a lot of people are going through the same problem. I've tried every possible fix but I've had no luck so far.

LOL... and you would think that something as simple as the Start Menu and Taskbar wouldn't be a problem at this point for Microsoft but... it is Microsoft afterall, right?.

Well, something new just happened:

N53FfDd.png

It used to always be stuck in the "download" part and kept failing.

For once, after I've totally forgotten about it, it shows me upgrade available. Wonder why it kept failing before though? Anyway will see how this goes.

EDIT: Wohoo failed again :D

EDIT: And it went back to this

1i9hUiO.png

:FAIL:

Last edited:
hi all..i have a question...
currently im having windows 8.1 single language with bing x64 (legit)..i've already downloaded windows 10 pro x64 official iso..can i simply mount it as virtual drive and install it??
do i have to insert a new product key??

please help me..thanks in advance..

I found the reason why pes 2010 didn´t work on Windows 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Pro at last 50% of the videogames don´t work or they are not operational 100%.
A great friend of mine test the original videogame on a Enterprise version and it works fine.
It seems Microsoft was lying a bit on this versions.
People who buy Pro version must wait months or maybe a year to get the enterprise version updated,
and get those 50% videogames working 100%.
We all are lucky to have at last one free year of Windows 10, just to test it first.
Now i will continue with the Windows 7 Ultimate, and waiting for a Enterprise Pre-Activated. :)

You can read all the versions here: https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/13/introducing-windows-10-editions/

Last edited:
hi all..i have a question...
currently im having windows 8.1 single language with bing x64 (legit)..i've already downloaded windows 10 pro x64 official iso..can i simply mount it as virtual drive and install it??
do i have to insert a new product key??

please help me..thanks in advance..

Well you need to upgrade to Windows 10 first ...then you can do a clean install.This is because you don't have a genuine Windows 10 product key...windows gets activated by using your genuine Win 7/8.1 key...complcated i know but read below espesialy the Important Note part at the bottom.....In simple terms upgrade to Win 10 & you will be activated .. your genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 product key will now be associated with Windows 10 activation at Microsoft servers.Then do a clean install...During installation when the setup wizard asks for a product key, just click on Skip and Do this later ..Since your previous Windows product key has now been associated with Windows 10, your Windows 10 copy will be automatically activated after installation.All a bit weird but this is the only way ... for some reason if you just clean install without upgrading first you won't be activated....well at least i and many others were'nt.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-perform-clean-installation-of-windows-10/

also Win 8.1 = upgrade to 10 Home///Win 8.1 Pro = Upgrade to 10 Pro etc:

I found the best way to upgrade was through media creation tool.https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Last edited:
Little update: I installed Windows 10 again, but this time I performed a totally new installation. I got rid of everything I used to have in Windows 7. Everything's working perfectly fine now.

Just have to start installing everything and getting used to all the new stuff. But oh well...

Why are you defending them?

I am not defending them and Microsoft do have some stuff in their privacy which is no doubt dodgy.

But how many people have Facebook and Instagram accounts and they are allowed to do anything they like with the information you put on there and post.

Instagram even state that they own any picture you post on there and you agree to them to sell your images.

I found the reason why pes 2010 didn´t work on Windows 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Pro at last 50% of the videogames don´t work or they are not operational 100%.
A great friend of mine test the original videogame on a Enterprise version and it works fine.
It seems Microsoft was lying a bit on this versions.
People who buy Pro version must wait months or maybe a year to get the enterprise version updated,
and get those 50% videogames working 100%.
We all are lucky to have at last one free year of Windows 10, just to test it first.
Now i will continue with the Windows 7 Ultimate, and waiting for a Enterprise Pre-Activated. :)

You can read all the versions here: https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/13/introducing-windows-10-editions/

I dont't how your getting so many issues all the older games I run on Windows 10 like GP4 and older driving games all run perfectly fine for me, have not tried PES 2010, but don't see why it wouldn't work on Windows 10 when it works on 7 and 8.

Last edited:
I am not defending them and Microsoft do have some stuff in their privacy which is no doubt dodgy.

But how many people have Facebook and Instagram accounts and they are allowed to do anything they like with the information you put on there and post.

Instagram even state that they own any picture you post on there and you agree to them to sell your images.
I don't have a Facebook nor Instigram account, so I have no idea how bad their privacy policies are, but it's something completely different - it's something you get for free (or am I mistaken?), while Windows is something that you have payed for to use/have!

The problem is not that these options exist, but that all of these privacy options are ON by default, while they have to be OFF! I am pretty sure that most of the people have no idea that they even exist, to be honest!

Just today I have noticed that Windows 10 seems to handle RAM usage much better than Windows 8.1

I like to play heavily modded Kerbal Space Program and it is really heavy on RAM usage. That is even worse for me as I have only 2GB of RAM in my PC. After and hour or two of playing in Windows 8.1 I usually had to wait 1-2 minutes after closing the game to be able to use my PC normally as it was damn slow. Today after I closed the game I was able to do whatever I wanted as though my PC was idle on desktop for that 1-2 hours I was in game. I hope to see even better performance in a week or two, once I receive 8GB of RAM that I have ordered.

I am pretty sure that most of the people have no idea that they even exist, to be honest!
I heard the majority of them are configurable upon install if you choose not to go through the "express settings" route, or am I missing something here?

I heard the majority of them are configurable upon install if you choose not to go through the "express settings" route, or am I missing something here?
You can configurate them even after you have installed it, tho I have no idea if it's majority, all or just some of them, because I gone "express settings" route, because I made an upgrade around 2 o'clock in the night and didn't had time to tinker with manual settings... The next day when I acctually had time and opened up privacy settings I was very suprised that by default they all are ON, of course, I switched them all OFF immediately, after reading that first of these options are resposible for tracking my habits and then throwing at me useless advertising!

Back
Top Bottom