Microsoft Windows 10

Thanks Placebo! :)

Go to this website
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I also recommend you buy a decent USB 3.0 Pen to install it from.. Especially if you have an SSD.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T61JDU2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

Currently out of stock but has 150MB/s read speed, so will install Windows 8 or 10 in about 10 minutes.
Thank you mate, I already have a half-decent USB 3.0 stick, mine's a bit slower though (~100 MB/s read speed).

I'll probably try to upgrade in the next few days. :)

Have you downloaded the actual ISO instead?

Rufus, booted ISO exe from usb in windows 8.1 and got this:

0rvwAQk.png

Can't skip it!

Last edited:
It will be the windows code underneath the laptop you upgraded wont it?

Ive still got the get windows 10 icon in the taskbar and clicking it still says "OK, notify me when ready"

Lami, restart your PC, and start setup from boot (choose USB for boot). Then you could skip that. It worked for me.

If I do that I can skip and then get a message saying I'll have to boot normally into windows and run it from there.

If I do that I can skip and then get a message saying I'll have to boot normally into windows and run it from there.

That's what I got as well then the next time I rebooted I ran the exe from the flashdrive and it installed perfect (finally!)

You can always use a serial from here : http://www.alltechbuzz.net/windows-10-product-serial-keys-technical-consumer-preview/

How to Download Windows 10 with Product Code and Serial Key

If you are downloading Windows 10 after downloading the ISO image and failed to note down the product or serial key then here are two working approved serial keys which could assist you in downloading the Windows 10 ISO in your Windows PC/laptop.

Windows 10 Product Code and Serial Key: Enter the below-mentioned Windows 10 product code and serial key of technical preview version which are common for all and accepted by the Microsoft.

Windows 10 Serial Key: NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

Windows 10 Serial Key Technical Preview for Consumer: 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT

Technical Preview for Enterprise: PBHCJ-Q2NYD-2PX34-T2TD6-233PK

Windows 10 Home: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise: CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

Enter the above illustrated serial key of Windows 10 in the required boxes when asked during the installation of Windows 10 IOS technical preview. Readers may note the given product codes or serial keys work for both the 34bit and 64bit operating systems of Windows 10.
- See more at: http://www.alltechbuzz.net/windows-...hnical-consumer-preview/#sthash.ADYpuLTm.dpuf

Then in the future it will in theory adapt the key based on your previous version before upgrade.

That's what I got as well then the next time I rebooted I ran the exe from the flashdrive and it installed perfect (finally!)

You can always use a serial from here : http://www.alltechbuzz.net/windows-10-product-serial-keys-technical-consumer-preview/

Then in the future it will in theory adapt the key based on your previous version before upgrade.

Yep, I restarted normally, and during installation still got the same error.

Tried all the codes and none worked.

Thanks for all your help though mate. I think I'm quite done now. :(

Lami, sorry to hear that! :(

I just finished upgrading mine (not a clean install, I can't be arsed atm).

Went smoothly, all my settings and files are untouched, it definitely seems faster than Win 7. Will test some games later.

I actually installed it from the ISO, booted into a virtual drive! :D

Ive just cloned my drive so i'm good to go.

Lami, I've just noticed after you click the "get windows 10" thing in the taskbar it says,

We're Validating Windows 10 for your PC. We recommend you upgrade after you get the notification that windows 10 is ready for you PC.

Did you get a notification or did you do it beforehand?

That may be why you had trouble with it but fuck knows its a long shot haha

Lami, I've just noticed after you click the "get windows 10" thing in the taskbar it says,

That's not it. I installed it today and running it now, even though I did it before they "officially" gave me the notification. :)

Just a quick post regarding licenses and their transfer to new machine. I was totaly confused about all that so I went on and talked to Microsoft support. This is what I got from them (my example is with Windows 8.1 Pro retail)

If I upgrade through this year while free offer is on my Windows 10 Pro will be connected with my Windows 8.1 Pro license + my PC. If I buy new PC and want to have Windows 10 Pro on it I have to do following:

A) If it is still before 26 July 2016:
1. Remove Windows 10 Pro from my old PC
2. Install Windows 8.1 Pro, Update 1 and all necessary updates
3. Upgrade again from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. In that way my Windows 10 Pro would now be connected to my same Windows 8.1 license but new PC

B) If it is past 26 July 2016. you have 2 options:
1. Do everything as in A) but you have to buy upgrade license. It is cheaper than buying retail license, but still costly
2. Buy retail licese, download .ISO file from Microsoft, burn it on a DVD and install new Windows 10 Pro using licesne you just bought.

true, when we upgrade we all get the same product key and OS is automatically activated. Only those who bought retail licenses of Windows 10 or got OEM version preinstalled on the new PC will get unique product keys

Lami, sorry to hear that! :(

I just finished upgrading mine (not a clean install, I can't be arsed atm).

Went smoothly, all my settings and files are untouched, it definitely seems faster than Win 7. Will test some games later.

I actually installed it from the ISO, booted into a virtual drive! :D

Lucky you! :)

Maybe they don't plan for it to be working in the Middle East yet?

Seemed to remember he went to some PES shindig in the Middle East? :)

That was 2 years ago ;) Been in Australia for a while now. Regardless where I am though, I did get the notification first which then failed and that's how it all started for me. Plus others here have forced it and worked for them.

Lami try VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T apparently that's the generic key we all get after an upgrade.

This key worked, but installation still failed...

Yea it all started with getting a notification from that W10 icon. Showed as downloading. Actually it still is.

LIAu9mF.png

So clicked on "View Download Progress" and took me to windows update which came up as failed. And my adventure started since all ending in failures. And for odd reasons, it keeps downloading on it's own, like now:

H9uoZai.png

I think I've exhausted all my options now. I'm stumped :/

EDIT: And that windows update just failed again ;)

JXlZuQm.png

Last edited:
Lucky you! :)

That was 2 years ago ;) Been in Australia for a while now. Regardless where I am though, I did get the notification first which then failed and that's how it all started for me. Plus others here have forced it and worked for them.

This key worked, but installation still failed...

Yea it all started with getting a notification from that W10 icon. Showed as downloading. Actually it still is.

LIAu9mF.png

So clicked on "View Download Progress" and took me to windows update which came up as failed. And my adventure started since all ending in failures. And for odd reasons, it keeps downloading on it's own, like now:

H9uoZai.png

I think I've exhausted all my options now. I'm stumped :/

EDIT: And that windows update just failed again ;)

JXlZuQm.png

Error code 80070003 means you have too much prOn on your hard drive to install Windows 10.

Last edited:
We all know what you hide in that PS2SMB partition. ;)

Pr0n & Similia 2 share via SMB, did I guess right? :LMAO:

Wont be going through this process, rig isn't new so will stick with 7 and then when I get new rig I will get 10 for it I think.

Saw the windows 10 advert yesterday, sickly one about young 3-4 year olds being told they will have/expect devices talking to them and will only want touch devices, NSA/CGHQ's future wet dream :) A futurist society advert., bit of a sick bag moment I must say.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom