Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

I got me some MGS4 and Peace Walker to finish, still. Going to wait until MGS5-proper is out on PS4, and then hope this will be available with it through some kind of deal...

It's unfortunate that i had to shell out to pay for a demo, but the wait for a decent game on PS4 was just killing me. And since i have played everyone of MGS since i used to lift the lid on my PS1 and had to place a little blu tac which would allow you to play imported games i have been a fan ever since.

It's unfortunate that i had to shell out to pay for a demo, but the wait for a decent game on PS4 was just killing me. And since i have played everyone of MGS since i used to lift the lid on my PS1 and had to place a little blu tac which would allow you to play imported games i have been a fan ever since.

The wait for a decent game on PS4 is really annoying me too. I'm glad I've got one but it seems a bit redundant as a gaming machine at the moment. Those "for the players" adverts have a real hollow ring to them right now.

I play BF4 online and a bit of FIFA but I'm desperate for a Watch Dogs, MGS, Fallout or Skyrim type game that I can really put the hours into and enjoy for a long time. I think the Infamous series of games are all pretty "meh" so I'm not interested in the latest one, especially after reading the reviews which make it sound like it's all style and no substance.

Although I've lost a bit of respect for Konami because of what's happened to PES and this latest scandal of charging a hefty price for a playable demo, I'll still buy the new MGS as soon as it comes out. Which just goes to show they can pretty much do what they like doesn't it? :/

That's the problem. And they will do it and many others will follow. I just hope EA don't go down that road but if they see a chance they sure as hell will exploit it. Konami used to carry huge weight with Sony based around MGS and may be they are pulling a few strings. But looking at the graphics on Ground Zeroes, if PES can get their shit together then it could really be amazing. GET RID OF ADAM BHATTI BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.

Really annoyed by some stupid design points.

The multiple actions all tied to one button is just fucking plain stupid in this day an age. Needing to pick something up while stood next to a low wall and over a downed enemy is a clusterfuck.

Having to tap forwards twice to lock to the wall. Either nothing happens or snake will stupidly lean his back to the wall and face to wrong way. So when I try to aim around the corner he pulls away from the wall and aims at the wall.

And then the placement of Chico from where you start the game. Thats mind meltingly bad. My very first time playing and I found no reason to explore the left side of the map. I walked right, 50 seconds later I'm dragging him out and on my way to extraction. Why not have him on the opposite end or a random location or anywhere other than down the road to your right side!?

Other than that it's a great fun demo.

Edit
Forgot one more thing.

kiefer Sutherland is terrible. Very little emotion to his almost whispering voice over work. Shocking decision to cast him.

Last edited:
Finished the story now.

Really turned off by the story behind Paz. It's just revolting for the sake of it and I've just read that that's going to be the tone for the full game too. Disturbing that this is used to flesh out a story.

I've gone from being hyped for the full game to completely turned off it. :(.

Seems like they have a great engine but it's being ruined by kojima's clearly inept hands. Well one hand, the other is too busy jacking off at having kiefer sutherland on board and thinking about twisted abuse storylines for his game.

Last edited:
I really wish the locations of Paz and Chico was randomised. I have very little reason to ever explore or use 75% of the map. Would have greatly increase the re playability

Back
Top Bottom