Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

This game is amazing.My 1st MGS game.Played the 1st mission yday , took me 2hours and 44 mins.
Replayed it again today took me about 2.5 hrs.
I tried to do it differently the 2nd time.At first I wasn't getting it coz of price but changed my mind.It was worth it.
Despite being a prologue,I'd take this "demo" over alot of other games.

I actually have no respect for those trying to focus on the length of the game rather than playing it properly. :P

I don't care how stunning the 'game' is, 2.5 hours for £20-30 is a disgrace.

A fool and his money are soon parted...

Love this game completed the main mission twice and all the side ops, still not finished with it. Both play throughs of the main mission were completely different. The 2nd my favourite,
ended up having to pull Paz out of a burning truck while guards and the tank were firing at us. Sprinted for the chopper which turned up right on cue
played out like an action movie.

Angry Joe's review summed up how I feel about this perfectly. He said it was an awesome experience, no doubt about it, so I'm glad people are enjoying it, but buying this is only going to encourage other companies to do the same. I wonder how many people will complain when it becomes the norm?

This game is amazing.My 1st MGS game.Played the 1st mission yday , took me 2hours and 44 mins.
I tried to do it differently the 2nd time.At first I wasn't getting it coz of price but changed my mind.It was worth it.

I actually have no respect for those trying to focus on the length of the game rather than playing it properly. :P

Please, please, please steal a ps1, psp or Nintendo DS and go play the first one.

It will...change your life

Nice. Going to download this today from the U.S. PSN where it's 12 quid ($19.99).

Recommend you play MGS1 and MGS3. Both great games.

Angry Joe's review summed up how I feel about this perfectly. He said it was an awesome experience, no doubt about it, so I'm glad people are enjoying it, but buying this is only going to encourage other companies to do the same. I wonder how many people will complain when it becomes the norm?

Dunno, i cant see it somehow.

Very few games are in dev this amount of time (the time it takes for a MGS or a Gran Turismo etc), so publishers will want yearly churn outs.

Cant see companies putting a lot of resources into releasing 'prologue' type games.

Anyways, I'm sure absolute die hard MGS fans are well pleased theyve got something interim to get their teeth in to. Personally, I think £20-odd quid is not bad for what this actually is, considering full releases are circa-£50.

...Nice. Going to download this today from the U.S. PSN where it's 12 quid ($19.99)....

Wish I'd thought of that though! DOH!

+1. Only a lemming would purchase this game.

Why the hate bro? I'm thoroughly enjoying it for a $20 game. No excuses or anything. If the game took me only an hour half total maybe I wouldn't have been happy as it'd feel more like a demo of sorts but it took me near 7 hours total with side missions. I want to go through each mission again and again too trying other ways to do them. So this will definitely go near the 15 hour mark for me.

So well worth the value for me.

I love how divisive this is turning out to be. I also love that the people who have actually bought it think it's worth the money, whereas those who haven't are citing the fact it you can speed run it in 14 minutes, rather than the 7 or 8 hours people are typically getting out of the game.

Such shoddy logic (in combination with EG's take on the game) is actively making me want to buy it.

I love how divisive this is turning out to be. I also love that the people who have actually bought it think it's worth the money, whereas those who haven't are citing the fact it you can speed run it in 14 minutes, rather than the 7 or 8 hours people are typically getting out of the game.

Such shoddy logic (in combination with EG's take on the game) is actively making me want to buy it.

You're only ever going to be able to speed run this after 2-4 play throughs I'd say as you need to know exactly where you are going...

It's £30 for the PS4 and for a demo that is an absolute joke.

It's also a very worrying development in the world of gaming because if it's successful a lot of other game companies will follow suit.

As is fucking up PES isn't bad enough, now Konami seem to want to fuck up the entire game industry! ;)

Dunno, i cant see it somehow.

Very few games are in dev this amount of time (the time it takes for a MGS or a Gran Turismo etc), so publishers will want yearly churn outs.

Cant see companies putting a lot of resources into releasing 'prologue' type games.

Anyways, I'm sure absolute die hard MGS fans are well pleased theyve got something interim to get their teeth in to. Personally, I think £20-odd quid is not bad for what this actually is, considering full releases are circa-£50.

That's a good point about a company only being likely to release prologue games for fans of franchises that only get released sporadically, my worry is that some companies might just start dradtically reducing the length of their own games if it doesn't really seem to matter to consumers as much as they'd thought.

It's a really strange one because I feel that Konami are directly aiming this release at MGS fans, and as such knew they could rely on those fans buying this no matter how short it is. That in itself annoys me because I see that as Konami trying to take advantage of their own loyal fanbase, but, hey, everyone here seems to be loving it so who am I to judge!

Personally, I'm glad people are getting extra hours out of it by replaying the game but it still doesn't mean Konami haven't severely overcharged for what should be a tiny section of a larger game. People don't claim the 4-5 hour-long single player campaign of Call of Duty is worth £50 just because you can choose to replay it over and over, you can do that with any game, and though MGS allows more variation in how to complete it each time, I still don't see it as much of an excuse.

Last edited:

It's also a very worrying development in the world of gaming because if it's successful a lot of other game companies will follow suit.

As is fucking up PES isn't bad enough, now Konami seem to want to fuck up the entire game industry! ;)
They are going to do it anyway, nothing states they have to give us demo's and depending on who want's to spend THEIR cash on this 'mini game' it's totally up to the individual. All the cursing in the world won't stop it happening. I personally am enjoying it and really look forward to the game release. While i do understand some people feeling totally robbed by this, if Konami said now they have made PES2015 and you can get a taster now for £25 quid and the game was shit hot, the game we've been longing for would you pay it?

With so many games out these days, I'm never going to play a game and then re-play it again. So £25 for 2hrs just isn't value for money for me, personally.

I'll pick it up second hand for £10 or so.

It's £24. I got it in a Tesco for £24. I bet without looking it's nearer £20 on ShopTo.

That's a good point about a company only being likely to release prologue games for fans of franchises that only get released sporadically, my worry is that some companies might just start dradtically reducing the length of their own games if it doesn't really seem to matter to consumers as much as they'd thought.

It's a really strange one because I feel that Konami are directly aiming this release at MGS fans, and as such knew they could rely on those fans buying this no matter how short it is. That in itself annoys me because I see that as Konami trying to take advantage of their own loyal fanbase, but, hey, everyone here seems to be loving it so who am I to judge!

Personally, I'm glad people are getting extra hours out of it by replaying the game but it still doesn't mean Konami haven't severely overcharged for what should be a tiny section of a larger game. People don't claim the 4-5 hour-long single player campaign of Call of Duty is worth £50 just because you can choose to replay it over and over, you can do that with any game, and though MGS allows more variation in how to complete it each time, I still don't see it as much of an excuse.

I've got 2 friends who bought this thinking it was a full game. I think it's vastly overpriced despite the apprent replay value. I'd say £7.99 to £10.99 would have been a better price range as it feel more like the first of an episodic game. If they were going to offer a few FREE dlc packs or it had some multiplayer for this through the year then a higher price would be fine.

There is such a lack of games for the PS4 right now i'm desperate for any decent game.

I think that's pretty much it for owners of either next gen console... I doubt MGS:GZ would sell at such a price (instead of being a demo) if it wasn't so early in the next gen console cycle and there were more options for either console.

...why is it a demo?

It's a playable demonstration or "demo" of a game that will not be out until next year. It's a demonstration of what Konami can do with the current tech and a demonstration of how good the next MGS game will be. Pretty much the entire selling point of Ground Zeroes is that it's a taster for the upcoming MGS game.

What would you call it?

@pepper63: They wont "do it anyway" if no one buys the thing in the first place. Without demand for such overpriced snippets of games there will be no supply. Also, no I would not pay £25 for a playable demo of a new PES game either no matter how good it is supposed to be because it's a rip off. I agree it's up to the individual what they spend their money on but this individual thinks that spending that amount of money on what is essentially a playable demo of a full game that you will eventually be shelling out around £50 for is a dark and cynical path for gaming to go down therefore it should not be encouraged.

@pboreham: Even £24 is too expensive for what it is. In my opinion, £8 or certainly no more than £10 is fair for what they are offering. But since when did profit making organisations care about what is fair?

Last edited:
@pj_puttz like you said what do they care about 'fair' and they will do it you wait and see. £25? Try GAME it's £30. But i'm enjoying it so that's the main thing.

Back
Top Bottom