Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

I remember having to buy Zone Of Enders(I think) to get the the Metal Gear 2 demo. They should of done the same with this, I would gladly pay £40 for a decent game along with Ground Zeros, I will not pay £20 for a MGS demo alone.

More like
1499.gif
;)

Apparently it's really good though. Eurogamer scored it higher than Titanfall:LOL: Will pick it up when it's tuppence.

Not fussy on length of it. Metal Gear has given me loads over the years of my gaming.

Im sure this will deliver a great experience even if it is only for a couple of hours

I remember having to buy Zone Of Enders(I think) to get the the Metal Gear 2 demo. They should of done the same with this, I would gladly pay £40 for a decent game along with Ground Zeros, I will not pay £20 for a MGS demo alone.

Konami don't make any decent games except Metal Gear Solid at this point. PES is exempt (they'd never release an MGS demo with that)

I'd like to say that it'd make more sense to release it for $15 on PSN but I'm certain they are trying to make a quick buck because it's MGS and it has an established audience and just the name has people drooling all the way down to their hips.

It reminds me of when GT5 went over-budget and over-time and they put out Prologue to keep interest up and some moolah.

This is saying nothing about the game's quality.

I think they're capitalising on the fact that there's not much going around on the new consoles, people will snap up whatever is released because of it.

Apparently it's really good though. Eurogamer scored it higher than Titanfall:LOL: Will pick it up when it's tuppence.

Thats just an absolute joke! To review a 'game' like this a "9" is ridiculous, especailly when they follow it up with an article about how they completed it in 10 minutes straight after.

Its insulting to Titanfall!

I'm sure MGS is a really nice 'demo', but c'mon...

Thats just an absolute joke! To review a 'game' like this a "9" is ridiculous, especailly when they follow it up with an article about how they completed it in 10 minutes straight after.

I'm sure MGS is a really nice 'demo', but c'mon...

That's not how it works though, is it? You don't judge the quality of a game by the quickest speedrun through it. Too many people focus on the length of a game and not the width of it.
Its insulting to Titanfall!

If Titanfall wanted a better score, it should have been a better game ;)

Arrived and completed it in 2 hours.

Great taster of whats to come. Side missions unlock after 1st play through.

Game is stunning gfx wise and is the usual high quality MGS cinematic experience.

Arrived and completed it in 2 hours.

Great taster of whats to come. Side missions unlock after 1st play through.

Game is stunning gfx wise and is the usual high quality MGS cinematic experience.

Genuinely worth the asking price, or would you wait for it to drop?

Watched a play-through of this. Gameplay and graphics looked top notch. Story still seems nonsensical and melodramatic though and it was a mistake to replace David Hayter with barrel maker Sutherland.

Took me 200 mins to finish it. But it has replayability. You also get to unlock side missions after completing the game which extends the play time even more.

Really enjoying it so far.

As a HUGE MGS fan I am beating off the urge to buy this. I am too cash strapped and will
rather get this and infamous cheap 2nd hand soon.

Damn exchange rate is killing us here. The pound
Has almost doubled in under 2 years in SA don't ask me why because the economy has been quite stable.

Still feel like the world economy is controlled chaos.

Last edited:
Just finished everything apart from one side mission I couldn't unlock in 6 hours and 43 minutes. Not bad for $20 :)

Just finished everything apart from one side mission I couldn't unlock in 6 hours and 43 minutes. Not bad for $20 :)

Nice Lami. This is what happens when a mature adult plays the game like it was designed to be played. Well worth the price, then.

I'm awful at this game as I am every mgs. Yet good at splinter cell and other stealth games.

Helpful tips from you lot would be appreciated. :))

P.s the Idroid map app is good

I'm awful at this game as I am every mgs. Yet good at splinter cell and other stealth games.

Helpful tips from you lot would be appreciated. :))

P.s the Idroid map app is good

Yea I love it too.

Think I've died around 27 times.

I just can't bring myself to pay for this, it's way more than $20 in the UK, it's £25 which at a guess equates to around $40. Even if you explore everything I don't think 6 hours is enough. I just saw the Angry Joe review and he did the whole lot in an hour and a half, I just see it as Konami ripping off loyal fans.

But the main reason I refuse to buy it, even as a MGS fan, is that it sets a really dodgy precedent. All were gonna now get are other companys sitting up and taking notice of its success and charging £25 for what is basically a demo. It wouldn't surprise me if Konami even start charging that for PES demos in future, after all some might claim that is good value for money because you can replay those as many times as you want. Or imagine Rockstar taking note and charging £25 for a couple of missions for a new GTA using a tiny section of the map.

Give videogame companys an inch and they'll take a mile, and consumers will only have themselves to blame.

Back
Top Bottom