Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater : Subsistence

Re: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Hell yeah I´m a huge fan of the series too. Finished mgs3 about 2 weeks ago

I´ve got a question to ask you lot.. or at least those who got to this part...

[possible spoilers]

Is Colonel Volgin gay?? I mean, in that part you´re disguised, he literally put his hand on snake´s crotch and says that it isnt the other officer, because he knew him so well... THAT well?? And he also says youre gonna pay for hurting his ´friend´. Thats ok, but a hand on the dick?? WTF was that for?

Rentboy said:
Hell yeah I´m a huge fan of the series too. Finished mgs3 about 2 weeks ago

I´ve got a question to ask you lot.. or at least those who got to this part...

[possible spoilers]

Is Colonel Volgin gay?? I mean, in that part you´re disguised, he literally put his hand on snake´s crotch and says that it isnt the other officer, because he knew him so well... THAT well?? And he also says youre gonna pay for hurting his ´friend´. Thats ok, but a hand on the dick?? WTF was that for?

No the Big Russian isn't Gay ..... He's Bisexual ;-)

Mr.Kojima isn't afraid to delve into subjects other Videogames wouldn't even consider yet...

lol that was actually a piss take on raiden. by grabbing his crotch volgin was implying snake wasnt raikov(raiden lookalike) because he actually had a cock. this piss take continues with the raiden gay/women theme of jokes found throughout the game.

So, Volgin is bi and a sadist, huh. That´s what I call character´s depht :mrgreen:

Another highlight is the young Ocelot. What a great character

Just one more thing: Months before the release we saw in the trailers some scenes where Snake used a crocodile camo... you know, when he was hiding under the croc´s head while moving in the water. I haven´t seen this one. But I didn´t kill any crocodile either... What do you guys know?

Rentboy said:
So, Volgin is bi and a sadist, huh. That´s what I call character´s depht :mrgreen:

Another highlight is the young Ocelot. What a great character

Just one more thing: Months before the release we saw in the trailers some scenes where Snake used a crocodile camo... you know, when he was hiding under the croc´s head while moving in the water. I haven´t seen this one. But I didn´t kill any crocodile either... What do you guys know?

I have heard the croc hat is in the game but didnt find it myself.

Baggs said:
I have heard the croc hat is in the game but didnt find it myself.

*** SPOILERS ***

At the Part where there is the big Misty Lake, with plenty of Crocs and other aquatic life in it .... The crocodile Hat is on a Higher up Island in the left side corner of the map ... you can see it using Thermal Goggles but to get to it you have to use the Tense Rope and then drop down to the lower rope below and then just shuffle over to the Island and get it ....

I haven't explained that too well there but you will know what I mean when you see it ... Hardest bit is estimating the drop from the Higher rope to the Lower rope ... If you don't line it up right you wont catch the Lower one.

Give it a Shot anyway Guys ;-)

I knew it! In that big river there was this item on a place of difficult access, I was curious, but at the same time felt it would be too much hassle trying to get it...

Did you use it Silverspider? In that part when you´re swiming outside the warehouse it would come in handy!

Rentboy said:
I knew it! In that big river there was this item on a place of difficult access, I was curious, but at the same time felt it would be too much hassle trying to get it...

Did you use it Silverspider? In that part when you´re swiming outside the warehouse it would come in handy!

No I saw it like you but I didnt know it was the Crocodile Hat at the time so after a few attempts of missing the Lower Rope I moved on as I thought it might just be something and nothing like Leech Ointment or Bandage or Whatever :) ... haha who am I kidding I always sort of suspected it would be the Crocodile Hat especially as I got further on and still didn't have it :(

It was only after I had finished the Game that I was over at Gamefaqs and I saw some User made video which showed that particular part and the Guy getting the Croc hat.

I wasn't too bothered though as I do like to leave a few things to get as it will make me go back to the Game one day and see the small things I missed the First time through. ;-)

SilverSpider said:
No I saw it like you but I didnt know it was the Crocodile Hat at the time so after a few attempts of missing the Lower Rope I moved on as I thought it might just be something and nothing like Leech Ointment or Bandage or Whatever :) ... haha who am I kidding I always sort of suspected it would be the Crocodile Hat especially as I got further on and still didn't have it :(

It was only after I had finished the Game that I was over at Gamefaqs and I saw some User made video which showed that particular part and the Guy getting the Croc hat.

I wasn't too bothered though as I do like to leave a few things to get as it will make me go back to the Game one day and see the small things I missed the First time through. ;-)

Ha! So you didn´t get yourself the croc hat, huh ;)

Well I feel the same way about these things. When I play it again I will certainly get it.

In fact, I´ll wait for 6 months or so and play all 3 MGS in a roll (if I ever find the time to!)... Such great series!

I am on the Boss battle with the flame-trower man.....can't remember his name.....can anyone give me tips on how to beat him?

Stringer Bell said:
I am on the Boss battle with the flame-trower man.....can't remember his name.....can anyone give me tips on how to beat him?

Stay in the front in the corner of the room so that u are shielded by the corner pillar, then when he is visible start shooting. when u see him start to use the flame thrower just run and take cover behind the other pillars. then just do the same thing over and over again until he's dead. hope i explained it clear enough :)

I have this game on my HDD, but have never played it :shock:

WE8LE runs my life dammit!

Tim7 said:

That's Fine mate, As long as you promise to play it and Finish it Someday ?

If not we will have to send the Boys Round !!! ;-)

Baggs said:
Stay in the front in the corner of the room so that u are shielded by the corner pillar, then when he is visible start shooting. when u see him start to use the flame thrower just run and take cover behind the other pillars. then just do the same thing over and over again until he's dead. hope i explained it clear enough :)

Thanks for the help :)

SilverSpider said:
That's Fine mate, As long as you promise to play it and Finish it Someday ?

If not we will have to send the Boys Round !!! ;-)
Deal :mryellow:

Tim7 said:

Same here Tim! :mrgreen:

^ It's so annoying isn't it, crayon!!! I have GT4 and MGS3 but I never ever play them :lol:!!!

WE8LE is the daddy.

Just thought I'd let anyone who is interested know, that this is now on Sale over at Play.com for £17.99 !!! :shock:

If you still don't own this Game ! You really don't have any excuse now. ;-)

I am still stuck on that level where you have to face that flame-trower man. I haven't got round to playing it, been busy with PES4 ML.

But saturday i will be getting round to it........hopefuly!

I've just defeated The Fury, i am currently at that tight security bay.....and boy is it really tight. Is there anyone here who can help me, I am finding it really hard to get past there.

Stringer, i havent played this game yet, tho i bought it the day it came out. Head to Gamespot.com and when you scroll down on the page for the game, you will see FAQ's and guides for it. PEACE

Jeez, this is one old topic!

I have to confess, the first time I tried to play MGS3 I couldn't get into it in the way I got into the previous versions. I got as far as the sniper battle with The End and just couldn't be bothered anymore. The lack of a radar, made the forced camera angle seem too restrictive, and I couldn't get my head around the jungle theme of the game having loved the indoor/winter espionage of MGS/MGS2.

Recently MGS3: Subsitence was released in English language, so I decided to make the effort to try again. I don't feel that I should ever have to 'force' myself to get into and enjoy a game, it should come naturally, but since MGS is probably my favourite single-player game of all-time and I really enjoyed the sequel, I felt obliged to have one more go at Snake Eater. Especially so, having read that Subsitence had a free-roaming camera option.

This time, I knew beforehand what to expect in terms of the setting, so I didn't have the same jarring experience when I played Snake Eater. The new camera option, for anyone who's interested btw, is very welcome and far less-restrictive than the default camera. 20-odd hours of gameplay later and I finally finished MGS3, only over a year since it came out!

Some of the touches are sublime. My favourite was spotting the sun-glare from The End's sniper rifle, thinking "This guy is too easy", and cockily taking out my binoculars to get a closer look at him. After a few seconds of gawking at the old fool, he spots the sun-glare from my binoculars and zings a round into my ass, amazing! Another great one is taking out the food supply rooms which in turn makes all the guards hungry and supposedly easier to battle. What I didn't reckon on was when I grabbed said guard in CQC mode, the git passed out far quicker than usual when I dragged him out of sight and I didn't have time to interrogate him!

I'd previously stayed away from reading up on MGS4 too much because I always thought there was a good chance I'd go back and try MGS3 again at some point and didn't want anything revealed to me. Now I can anticipate 4 properly, as well as read this thread which I had to stop doing back when it first arrived!

Sorry if this is old ground for most folk, I just finished it and felt like sharing. ;)

P.S. I thought I'd done the game with zero alerts (earns you Stealth Camo), when the stats screen came up at the end I had ONE! I don't have a clue where I picked that up either, so it's another run-through from the start if I want that camo. Although the game is so good I'm sorely tempted to restart immediately, would also let me use the camos I stole from the bosses from the start this time. :)

Subsitence rocks, btw, in case you didn't realise!

Old topic FTW!

Hey Classic can you send me your MGS3 save data by X-Port/MAX drive data (how far have you got BTW?)...because i deleted MGS3 by accident a while ago and i couldn't be bothered to start all over again.

Back
Top Bottom