Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater : Subsistence

cal-neva mate, I think you misunderstood me ? I wasn't saying I dont believe your information or that its not correct at this point in time ;)

I just meant I would be pretty shocked if the Game actually went on sale on the High Streets of Britain/Europe on that date - given that its New Years Eve and everyone will either

A) Be playing their Christmas Games

B) Too busy getting Pissed :mrgreen:

What I should have said is that I alone expect that Release date to be changed - As I just can't see a Game of that Importance being released on that day despite it being the "Current" Release date - I guess time will tell though mate ? ;)

Sorry for any Confusion/Offence caused Pal :)

SilverSpider said:
cal-neva mate, I think you misunderstood me ? I wasn't saying I dont believe your information or that its not correct at this point in time ;)

I just meant I would be pretty shocked if the Game actually went on sale on the High Streets of Britain/Europe on that date - given that its New Years Eve and everyone will either

A) Be playing their Christmas Games

B) Too busy getting Pissed :mrgreen:

What I should have said is that I alone expect that Release date to be changed - As I just can't see a Game of that Importance being released on that day despite it being the "Current" Release date - I guess time will tell though mate ? ;)

Sorry for any Confusion/Offence caused Pal :)

No no, I totally agree with you, I was just giving you the source where I got it. You are absolutely right, It is very strange. Why would they release the game when
a) people are broke from christmas and
b) any money they do have will be spent on New years eve??

Weird. Anyway I'm just gonna play the US version when it comes out. some say a sept release date, but I think its November.

Yip I Don't know why I am harping on about this release date anyway ? :shock:

Cos I like your Good Self will be playing the US/NTSC Version also in September/November - Hopefully the former, barring any Delays :mrgreen:

I got US Version of the original MGS on PSOne & it was quality playing & completing it months before all my mates got it - you can't beat that feeling ;)

MarkD said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
MGS1's story was far and away the best story ever told (in a computer game)

MGS2's story was essentially a soppy nauseating, codec chat between jack and rose.

I'm taking that statement to mean that you've never played Planescape:Torment.

o/\o

Has anyone seen the intro movie on gametrailers.com? It's about 50Mb and is quite funny. Some very cheesy bits with Big Boss and a slow-mo cigar. Looks good though. Hopefully the plot will be a bit clearer this time - MGS2 descended into complete farce after you fight the Rays.

PS. Did anyone know that the guy who does Vamp's voice plays Marvin in Pulp Fiction (the guy who gets his head blown off in the car.)

i have seen the new intro and abt tht slo-mo cigar scene i bet there's something very important regarding it !

ENGLISH TRAILER now out:-

Havent seen it yet im currently downloading...
Gamesradar Article

EDIT:
Just watched it. This is gonna be confusing again. From what i can tell its Snake and he gets an eye cut out to prove he's on someones side. Either that or its Big Boss and thats how he loses his eye. Anyway. The whole defecting thing is very confusing. The basic idea of the story seems ok mind, Snake going in to stop Nuclear war by stealing their scientist and blowing up their "metal gear" type thing.
The motorcycle stuff looks good too.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

review of magazines give it all 9.5 and above, this game is really something to look at next to GTA:SA... what a great gaming year innit

Zlatan#9 said:
This game is awesome, way better than that scripted piece of cack Half-Life 2.

U know... MGS1 and 2 also had lot's of scripted pieces, and they're great. MGS3 will have them too. And it is a great game, just like HL2 is a great game, but a different one. Peace. :)

SilverSpider said:
Yip I Don't know why I am harping on about this release date anyway ? :shock:

Cos I like your Good Self will be playing the US/NTSC Version also in September/November - Hopefully the former, barring any Delays :mrgreen:

I got US Version of the original MGS on PSOne & it was quality playing & completing it months before all my mates got it - you can't beat that feeling ;)

yeah same here, played it 'Solid' (bad pun intended :) ) over that weekend and loved it...i liked MGS 2 as well, forgave some of its madder story bits and generally enjoyed it...though would rated higher with Snake all the way thru i did like the game a lot, i like the whole MGS universe, (never played the NES ones though me m8 said they were v good).
hopefully get the ntsc one very soon, from what ive seen so far looks superb.

Zlatan#9 said:
This game is awesome, way better than that scripted piece of cack Half-Life 2.
HL2 is no more scripted than any of the previous MGS games, they don't have any 'free-roam' options either - both are story-based 'linear' games. :eh:

I'm not starting this till I finish HL2. :)

MGS's have the best stories ever written for video games.

This one is no different. Simply the best. :) :D Yes, there's lots of cutscenes but they worth watching. They awesome and engaging.

MGS3 Story/SP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 2 Story/SP.

Halo2 maybe the best MP around but it's SP is SHIT.

MGS3 = SP of the year. :)

Fantastic game this. Really enjoying what I've seen so far. Am using matchsticks for the old eyes though. Am turning nocturnal!

Anyone got any good links to where I can buy this - had a look at Lik Sang and the price is good £32.24 with free shipping - but the wait is 5-14 days - wanted it a little sooner if possible ...... played the first level of the game and I am enjoying it - but I want the Original ASAP. :)

Thanks

This game is great, got it yesterday, the Ai is far better and its a lot harder to sneak up on people and grab them....

No Radaras well which makes it harder... well harder.. the motion detector aint that helpful, well i might be wrong as not yet had a big big go...

Anyone noticed the mask disguise of raiden from MGs2??? weird

Later

Yeah I noticed the mask too - think its there for the few people who prefer Raiden to Snake ? Or it may have a more genuine purpose later ?

Does anyone know what difference it makes when you choose one of the 3 answers right at the beginning of a new game ? The question about if you have played any other MGS game before or if you like MGS1 or 2 more ? just curious :)

And if anyone has an alternative to Lik Sang - I'd be delighted to hear it ?

Cheers ;-)

SilverSpider said:
Yeah I noticed the mask too - think its there for the few people who prefer Raiden to Snake ? Or it may have a more genuine purpose later ?

It has a more genuine purpose later. ;)
this game is sublime, the environments are like a pc game. The boss battle with The End is amazing, at first it seems ridiculous but then when you figure out what to do its awesome. Fantastic game.

SHITE CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!
Everything else (just about) - WOW!.. Great atmospere, so many great features, so many great ideas, and most importantly so well executed. Original and still the best -the saying fits MGS3 perfectly. And (another "and") the game oozes that cool factor Splinter Cell will never be able to posess. Super game.
One of my favorite features is (imo) the best locational damage physics in any game: soldiers dropping their AKs when shot in right arm, clutching bleeding limb to their chest with their left arm with which they also hold their pistol. Shoot them in their leg and they limp (and do not recover). Shooting their radios, guns, even (standard nowdays) headshots...You can really feel the violent power of firearms in this game: targets certainly do not "absorb" bullets like in so many other games (eg Splinter Cell). I don't remember the last game where it was so satisfying to take down your targets, there are so many ways of doing that too... Close Quarter Combat is once again very saisfying.
Haha:) talk about physics: three guards run across the wobbly rope bridge, I shoot some of the suspension ropes with the sniper rifle, parts of the bridge become twisted all over the place; guards trip over themselves, two of them fall into the ravine, only one manages to stumble across to the other side... amAzing stuff:):) I've already replayed several early sections simply to try a different strategy each time.
All in all - PS2 game of the year for me: the scale, physics, detail are unbelievable. Especially considering the platform.

what a pity,

there is no PC version of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater... :( :(

grrr...just wanted to start the game,and then noticed that my 1 month old new sony controller is brocken.damn shit.gonna take it back to the shop tomorrow... :roll:

If I buy this from amazon.com (USA) can I play it in UK?

DirtyFrank said:
If I buy this from amazon.com (USA) can I play it in UK?

no you cant, because usa amazon sells NTSC products and in eu its PAL . So you need to purchase game from amazon.co.uk for the pal version that your tv and ps2 play.

advin said:
hi i download the game .may i know the passwotrd to open the file?there is a password protection there,.....thks

Try "Buy the game, cheap bastard " too... :D BTW, What a great game.. I finished it yesterday..... Goood job Konami ;)

What's with the idiot attitudes, Stebacchini and Bailzebub? You guys aren't entitled to make morality decisions on behalf of everyone else.

I don't believe piracy talk is allowed her, advin, but I'm sure could find out somehow. There's a site called Google out there.

Finished the game last night,an absolutely superb game,the best MGS so far in its series.Do you guys think Konami would remake Metal Gear Solid now as MGS3 was a prequel and the first MGS was for the PS system,which had wack graphics.(Still one of the best at that time).I hope they do....one thing I couldnt understand is....

**************SPOILER*****************

Snake had his eyes blown out towards the end of the game right? If this was a prequel,wouldnt Snake be a one-eyed Jack in MGS 1 and MGS 2? Hmmnn...
icon9.gif

Last edited:

phrase said:
Finished the game last night,an absolutely superb game,the best MGS so far in its series.Do you guys think Konami would remake Metal Gear Solid now as MGS3 was a prequel and the first MGS was for the PS system,which had wack graphics.(Still one of the best at that time).I hope they do....one thing I couldnt understand is....

**************SPOILER*****************

Snake had his eyes blown out towards the end of the game right? If this was a prequel,wouldnt Snake be a one-eyed Jack in MGS 1 and MGS 2? Hmmnn...
icon9.gif

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Youre confusing Big Boss with Solid Snake. Big boss is the fatehr of snake in MGS 1 and 2. The very first metal gear explains the whole story, and its NOT on play station, but on NES. Big Boss (the guy you use in MGS3), appears to be a good guy in MGS3, but eventually he turns 'bad' against the patriots and is the badguy in MG1,2, MGS 1 and 2..... thats why in MGS2 you see solidus put the eye patch on and go "Now i resemble big boss". Solid snake, the guy from MG 1 and 2, and mgs 1 and 2 is the son of Big Boss who originally was on his side, but learnt that his father was against the patriots, who everyone assumes is good. So solid snake was against Big Boss. Liquid snake on the other hand knew why big boss was against the patriots, MGS 3 tells u why. Ocelot also turns against the patriots and joins Big Boss to form Foxhound.

Therefore:
Big Boss (Good guy in MGS3, 'bad guy' in MG1 and 2)
Solid Snake -Son of Big Boss (MG1,2 ,MGS 1 2)
Liquid Snake - Son of Big Boss (MGs 1 2)

The story is quite confusing but imo excellent.........

Back
Top Bottom