Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater : Subsistence

Re: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Thanks Milanista...now I get it...Solid and Liquid are sons of Big Boss.That explains the phrase at the ending..."The Birth of El Terrible Twins" or sumthing like that...I knew the story about Ocelot as it was pretty straightforward.The part where u say Big Boss turn against the patriots...now I get it,he was reluctant to shake the president's hand at the end and ignore everyone in that room.Great story line in my opinion...to make it all clear,I hope konami would remake MGS 1 and 2...ala the star wars trilogy,hahaha...Cheers.

So the PAL Release is out this Friday ! :)

And I honestly can't believe that this thread is not Alive and Buzzing in the run up to release ? In much the same way that the GTA:SA thread WAS in the run up to its Release ?

Strange ..... Anyway I finished the US Version in December and loved it to bits (You should too :))

Despite that I am still looking forward to buying this and seeing the Extra content of the PAL release, which is something Hideo Kojima always tries to give us as a peace offering for us getting the Game so late after the USA/JAP territories.

Here is a little bit more info on what we are getting.

http://specialreserve.co.uk/n_3363-news.html

Check out the various Flag face paints ;-) .... At least Konami try and give us extra stuff along with the most definitive version yet. Unlike those Bastards EA who keep taking shit away from our Versions :(

Milanista said:
Best video game story ever....the whole series that is.

Here Here ! Cannot argue wth that ;-)

The downside of this though is, that after playing a MGS game with its great Story, Music and High production Values.

You get so spoiled by it that when you go back to playing "Ordinary" games after it you remember that most of the Stories, Script, Cutscenes, Character Development, Animation, Humour, Endings, and Music are basically ........... Shit and under developed in about 95% of all Games.

Sad but true if you ask me .... Smaller less experienced Developers should be learning shitloads from the Style and Content of MGS Games.

Last edited:

I found MGS3 story ok but not as good as mgs1 or even 2. I know 3 was suppose to tie everything together, but all it did was kind explain a past of which i was none too concerned about. The camera angle was a little bit too much top down. the others in the series felt a little more to the side(which never bothered me unitil i played through MGS3) ohh and the The End boss was really annoying....NOT the best boss fight like everybody touted. I like to complain about this game for some reason i don't know but it dissapointed me in the end.

I enjoyed the end, i think it was a nice touch to mark the beginning of Big Boss. I really liked the way they tried to make it emotional and flashy in the white field.

The game is sweet man......and very funny there is lot of things i want to say about the game but don't want to spoil it for you lot who hasn't played it..........but i am stuck in the level where Solokov is can anyone here tell me how to get past that tight security.

SAFE

Last edited:

LaAm nice to hear you are enjoying the Game ...

I won't talk you through that particular part you are stuck on as it might ruin it for others reading this, what I would say is keep Low, Use First person view with L2 & R2 to peek up and check out your surroundings and lastly get plenty of use out of that Tranquilizer gun ;-)

Another bit of advice if I may ... would be to enjoy being "Stuck" at this Game, dont try and rush through it, just keep trying the scenario over a number of different ways and with different items .... Because if you are anything like me you won't be wanting this Game to end, Believe me :)

There is nothing more Depressing in Gaming than finishing a MGS title, because you then have to go back to playing "Half Arsed" games plus you now have another 3 year wait on your Hands before the next instalment of the Series :(

SilverSpider said:
LaAm nice to hear you are enjoying the Game ...

I won't talk you through that particular part you are stuck on as it might ruin it for others reading this, what I would say is keep Low, Use First person view with L2 & R2 to peek up and check out your surroundings and lastly get plenty of use out of that Tranquilizer gun ;-)

Another bit of advice if I may ... would be to enjoy being "Stuck" at this Game, dont try and rush through it, just keep trying the scenario over a number of different ways and with different items .... Because if you are anything like me you won't be wanting this Game to end, Believe me :)

There is nothing more Depressing in Gaming than finishing a MGS title, because you then have to go back to playing "Half Arsed" games plus you now have another 3 year wait on your Hands before the next instalment of the Series :(

God bless you mate :mrgreen:

Thanks

SilverSpider said:

So true , so very true. When i finished it, i was in love with the game. The story was just so good. I felt sad that i ended the game when i finished it, it was just too good to finish.

Im desperate for another good game like MGS, thats why im interseted in Metal Gear Acid.

Milanista said:
Ocelot also turns against the patriots and joins Big Boss to form Foxhound.

I don't think this is right.

***SPOILERS***

Ocelot is always working for the Patriots. He triple-crosses everyone to do the bidding of the Patriots. At the end of MGS3 (which I just completed yesterday. Great game), after the credits, a young Ocelot reports back to the CIA. He is the Patriot's lackey. Making sure everything goes according to plan.

How do you guys play this game without a radar?Does it not make the game very slow as u would have to check every corner and move you make?
Or is there another way to look out for guards without a radar?

Yo! SilverSpider i am still stuck on the level man.......i just end up getting the shutgun near that stairs and shooting every mother...... insight lol......i try my best to look at the surrounding.....just to difficult.

Do you lot think i should buy the guide book or just be patient & try and fond a way to get Solokov.

Does anyone know what that screen before the difficulty screen is for? You can choose:

I'm playing MGS for the first time
I like MGS1
I like MGS2

and then you go on to the difficulty screen.

What does it determine? I'm yet to find out.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Does anyone know what that screen before the difficulty screen is for? You can choose:

I'm playing MGS for the first time
I like MGS1
I like MGS2

and then you go on to the difficulty screen.

What does it determine? I'm yet to find out.

The difference between those two options is if you choose "I like MGS2" the scene on the plane at the beginning before snake jumps out shows him wearing a raiden face mask. also choosing that option will give you the mask automatically which comes in handy later on in the game.

At first i thought it was something to do with the button layout so i selected mgs2. i hated raiden in mgs2 so i almost shat my pants when i saw him on the plane! :mrgreen:

dammit LOL, that's typical of Kojima! :D
I didn't get the game yet. I'm extremely confused right now. Why.
Here's why. I wait months and months to bet a good game and suddenly I'm confronted with GT4, Tekken5, MGS3, GTA:SA (thank god i have a friend who bought, but I still want it).
But most likely I'll get MGS3 and GT4 in the next week or so! :D

Baggs said:
i hated raiden in mgs2 so i almost shat my pants when i saw him on the plane! :mrgreen:

The same with me :D

=======================

Guy's i finnally got solokov out of that place......during the cutscene i thought that i atually take solokov out of the place in game........i was like man this is going to be hard with all this soldirs around.......now i am in the level where that woman, The Boss beats you up and blows that shit up...........the game is sweet man.

Also SilverSpider i might be needing help from you in the future ;)

im just onto the bit where you have to take raikov's uniform. How do you take it? Am I nearly at the end?

Again I stopped at The End boss. couldn't get into it after that. Am I the ONLY one that thought the Codec wasn't all that great. Some parts were cool when the save girl's talking about the old movies that someday might become reality but...

beanface16 said:
im just onto the bit where you have to take raikov's uniform. How do you take it? Am I nearly at the end?

Wait awhile in the locker area. He'll walk up the stairs and come straight to you. Knock him out using any means, and drag him a bit until you get a cutscene. You will then have the "Officer" uniform.

yeah i figured it out cheers anyway!

Another question: when you come to the Sorrow how do you kill him, cos I just seem to walk to the end and then I die!

cheers for any help!!

Let him kill you and when "Game Over" comes up on the screen press the shoulder buttons and use the revival pill. Took me ages to figure that out!

That's crazy cheers for that!! I always wondered when that would come in use. can you use the revival pill at any time in the game like that then! Cos im sure i tried that before and it didn't do anything!! i'll give it a go tonight though anyway!!

Cheers

i'm near end now I think, im just setting C3 on gas tanks!!

Back
Top Bottom