Max Payne 3

and this was one (among many others) reasons why I could never understand how Red dead Redemption could be better than GTA4.

RDR was better than GTA4 primarily because it oozes gameplay and style out of every pore, the only way someone can rate GTA higher IMO is if they hate Westerns.

I've been thinking about buying it but i'm not sure about it.

This bullet time thing makes the game look silly and easy, but i've seen people saying that this game is hard. I never liked that (bullet time), and this was one (among many others) reasons why I could never understand how Red dead Redemption could be better than GTA4.

I've found the game to be hard, and I've only been playing on the normal difficulty level and with loose aim assists switched on. Sometimes you can poke your head round a corner and get shot almost instantly through the face.

It's great fun though. I haven't tried multiplayer but the single player is very good. Maybe not worth a full price for a game but certainly when the price comes down I'd recommend it.

RDR was better than GTA4 primarily because it oozes gameplay and style out of every pore, the only way someone can rate GTA higher IMO is if they hate Westerns.

GTA4 was dull...Gta3 on ps2 were more fun than RDR IMO...RDR got boring fast...got repetitive..gameplay 1 dimensional.

Agree about GTA4 being dull, absolutely, completely disagree about RDR, how could it be "1 dimensional" when there were so many different things to do?

Agree about GTA4 being dull, absolutely, completely disagree about RDR, how could it be "1 dimensional" when there were so many different things to do?

I still look back and smile at the time when I got challenged to a gunfight after getting caught cheating at poker. My favourite game of all time.

I got onto GTA IV and RDR quite late. I'm a few missions from finishing GTA's main story and I have started RDR but I'll leave it til I finish this other one first. Main thing I dislike about GTA is that you have to restart missions right from the top. And sometimes that means driving all the way across town. Hopefully they've got checkpoints for the next one. From memory they have something like this on RDR?

Really? I played a few hours but I find it so repetitive it's boring, of course technically it's fantastic, looks and sounds great, gameplay mechanic has been brought forward wonderfully well but it's just 5 min cut scene, 5 mins of gameplay, 5 min of cutscene, 5 mins of gameplay, I need something more to keep me entertained these days, that's even with everything maxxed out and using a 20m hdmi cable to play it on the 120" screen which should make it an amazing experience.

1 dimensional in the shooting/driving.

GTA u have cars/drive bys/rpgs/snipers/grenades/fast cars/trucks/polcie cahse/army/amublances/taxis etc.

To me the gusn in RDR are pretty whack as it is old style western off course aint gonna be OTT stuff.

Obviosuly no cars and roads and big buildings and stuff..

ANd to me the missions played out very similary moreso than GTA.

To much of RDR was open areas and lock on shooting cowboys..Of course its a cowboy game.

But for me I think the storys/mission and action in gta games felt far more varied than RDR. RDR got very repitive feeling to me.

Thats what i mean by 1dimensional.

It was more a game just about the feel of being a cowboy and exploring the wilderness for me. The action/shooting/missions werent that much fun...I might replay it though as i cant recall it to well. I have the xombie one atm not played it much might get on it.

No disrespect intended but it's possible you're just missing the point of the experience it offers, personally as someone who loves the western genre and had only been able to play a handful of western games over the years (law of the west and Outlaws being the best two for me).

No disrespect intended but it's possible you're just missing the point of the experience it offers, personally as someone who loves the western genre and had only been able to play a handful of western games over the years (law of the west and Outlaws being the best two for me).

I agree always wanted a western game but ironically i played call of jaurez on pc just beforehand and that had much better combat and graphics...

The experience and ambience of RDR was top nothc I just felt the missions and gunplay was not so great.

THe game had a feel of emptiness to it as well compared to GTA which is full of life/noise/colour but thats deliberate of course.

I had famliy/pet deaths though so its hard to review any game over this last few years as my mood has been a bit messsed up and id say RDR is more depressive/thoughtful tone than GTA which is more OTT fun except GTABore I mean GTA4

Yeah it's a hell of a lot darker, there is some humour but it's less than older GTAs for example. COJ1 was a superb game, incredibly well made and looked terrific, 2nd one was nowhere near as good sadly.

Yeah it's a hell of a lot darker, there is some humour but it's less than older GTAs for example. COJ1 was a superb game, incredibly well made and looked terrific, 2nd one was nowhere near as good sadly.

I played call of jaurez bound in blood. The 1st one is better? It was pretty good though but got kinda boring towards the end.

I want to replay it as well as RDR

Last edited:
Well that's a typical review by a "big" review site versus a game from a "shitty small dev" from the former Eastern bloc, we get crap like that all the time with Arma :)

Just completed this, thought the game was absolute awesome, graphics were incredible and I liked the story too.

Defo a classic for me.

As for RDR, best game ever (just ahead of Assassins games).

FD

Prob won't even play the multiplayer.

PC version will be identical to the console version.

Last edited:
I've got a question here, slightly off-topic though. It's not about the game itself, but it's price. This game is on my shopping list to be bought very soon. Initially it was £40 and then I saw it like 3 weeks ago at HMV for less than £30, brand new copy. But I decided to wait a little longer and maybe its price would drop... but instead, it's gone back to £39.99? :MAD:

Not only this game, but I also had Sniper V2 on my sights, but the same happened, it was £25 before and now it's £34. Do you guys have any idea of what's happening with those prices in the UK?

I've got a question here, slightly off-topic though. It's not about the game itself, but it's price. This game is on my shopping list to be bought very soon. Initially it was £40 and then I saw it like 3 weeks ago at HMV for less than £30, brand new copy. But I decided to wait a little longer and maybe its price would drop... but instead, it's gone back to £39.99? :MAD:

Not only this game, but I also had Sniper V2 on my sights, but the same happened, it was £25 before and now it's £34. Do you guys have any idea of what's happening with those prices in the UK?

Everyone always does special weekly deals it is the complete norm and hasn't changed for about 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom