Max Payne 3

Really enjoying Max Payne 3..

Been a long time since i played the first two games..

but this feels and sounds like old school max payne...

I like the distorted/trippy ways its shot (well it seems like a movie)...

Man on Fire is my fave revenge film, so that also explains why im into this...

The physics of the enemy's in this game are the best i have seen

I had one shoot out where i killed a guy and another ran out of a corridor and was shooting while walking backwards and he tripped over the body on the floor and fell over :LOL:

Another was getting riddled with bullets in the chest shaking forcing him backwards, he hit the wall and slid down it.

Makes every kill pretty special because of the physics

The game itself seems to be a bit repetitive already and I'm not far in and The cut scenes are looooooooong but the story is very good so i dont mind too much.

Oh yeah and have it on Hard and believe me it is :LOL:

Sometimes they just shoot you straight in the head/neck/heart with no warning

Last edited:
Haha sounds ace, gonna give it a go in a bit. What's multiplayer like? I see the crews or whatever there called are in the new GTA too.

Didn't even know it had multiplayer tbh

Did you play it last night?

What do you think?

Forgot to mention the last kill slow mo's yesterday as well.

Try them with a shotgun and sniper long range, very very impressive. Also with a pistol and machine gun riddling them with bullets while still in slow mo (nice little feature). I hit a guy in the eye and it looked fucking amazing :LOL:

If you get your aim right i bet you can hit one guy with a few head shots as he's going down in slow mo, now that would be worth seeing. Just a quick pop pop pop

Once you lot have played it these comments will make more sense :)

Last edited:
Not tried multiplayer yet but am enjoying single player. Slow mo a kill to the head and you see the blood squirting out, It's cool.

I bought this at the weekend and going through on Hard with Free Aim.

I'm trying to complete the Achievements while progressing through the levels and collect every painkiller to help with Arcade Mode. Out The Window was the first (Get 6 kills in Free Aim while diving through the VIP window) which I had to try several times because I wasn't used to Bullet Time and did The One Eyed Man Is King last night (Cover Passos in the sports arena, killing the 13 guys who come to shoot him with the sniper rifle taking 13 shots only). That one was a bastard, but shouldn't have been.

I'm currently on Chapter IV when you exit from Max's apartment and have to get down the corridor with the green sniper lasers breathing through the windows. The Achievement for this one is clear them all. I tried it a couple of times this morning before work and failed miserably. Even hiding next to the window can get you shot. Will be a difficult one that one I reckon.

Worth £30 on the PC? Bearing in mind I can't trade it in and get any money back after finishing it.

Is this game multiplayer any good or more a case of just buy for the single player?

Whats any diff between pc/ps3 not sure which platform to buy for.

Don't worry Dags we both know it will be in the summer sale with 50% off or will be 75% off at christmas if you can wait that long.

I might try that too. The only games I've bought on release are FIFA/PES/F1. Since I'm a couple of years behind on games like GTA/Red Dead and Assassin's Creed, I've been able to pick them up for cheap :)

Think I'll wait this one out too.

Don't worry Dags we both know it will be in the summer sale with 50% off or will be 75% off at christmas if you can wait that long.

Yep, I might wait until the summer sale. It usually starts on the last Thursday in June so not long left, probably 25% off I reckon.

On Chapter 6 now.*

Got all the Achievements, clues, golden guns and painkillers thus far.*

Excellent.*

This is a rental all the way

Get it for a week enjoy and finish it, job done

I'm only on Chapter 8 but so far I've got all the clues and Golden Guns on every Chapter, along with the relevant Achievements along the way. Some of the cut scenes are quite brutal.

I'm having fun replaying it on harder difficulties and Online.

I've put it on Old School and free aim and its alot more enjoyable tbh but weirdly it seems easier and i think that's down to you not being restricted by the semi auto aim locking on stuff you dont want too.

But you could complete it twice in a week if you so wished (twice so you unlock old school after the first completion) so still only a rental for me. After i have completed it this time i wont ever be going back to it.

It is a good game though and definitely worth playing through but like i say not worth £35-40.

I bought this tonight and am really enjoying it. I never played the original Max Payne games so for me this is pretty refreshing. The graphics are amazing, love the cut scenes despite them being so long, they're just so well produced and the story is really good.

As for the game, it is pretty repetitive but I don't mind, it's so much fun. Every time there's a slo-mo of a kill, I can't resist pressing x to slow it down and then firing as many bullets as I can get in before he goes down :P

I kind of love shooting while Max is lying on the floor, a quick bullet time jump then cancelling it by pressing R3 leaves him lying on the ground. You can then kind of roll and pivot all around you once you've got the drop on some people. Really great fun.

I think for me it's worth the money, one sitting and I got to the bar scene, chapter 7 I think, so it is crazy short but I can see myself playing through this again in future. Plus the whole 'crew' aspect to the multiplayer seems pretty fun.

It's so well put together, so slick and polished, Rockstar really can't seem to do wrong.

I've been thinking about buying it but i'm not sure about it.

This bullet time thing makes the game look silly and easy, but i've seen people saying that this game is hard. I never liked that (bullet time), and this was one (among many others) reasons why I could never understand how Red dead Redemption could be better than GTA4.

Last edited:
You are not forced to use bullettime. But on hard difficulty, it makes things "easier" or you will die a lot. Also using the free aiming is recommanded.

Back
Top Bottom