PC Master League Online Official Thread

Kelf

League 2
14 April 2006
Porto
FC Porto
This mod is one of the finest addtions that Konami has ever given it's users. The ability to build a team from the old default Master League team will give us lots of fun.

So guys what have you been doing is the first games?

I am already addicted to it :D Just kidding. A lot of people are playing it. I noticed there are already 2 types of players: those who sell all their default team and buy 2 world class stars and try to win games by using the passing ability of one to the finishing ability of the other. But there are a lot of people who are taking the strategy that will deliever more in the future (I think so...) Building a team around reasonable underpriced talent.

I think a must have for the initial stage must be Gattuso. He is so cheap.

To be honest with you with the system that Konami have implemented I really don't think it will be unfair for anyone to start later. (There is even an optiont o reset your team back to default.) The thing is as you progress you will need to spend more money to be able to play. Plus winning or losing you get the same prize money in the end of the game. I think the key to MLO is the number of games you play and the good results you get in competitions.

To be honest with you with the system that Konami have implemented I really don't think it will be unfair for anyone to start later. (There is even an optiont o reset your team back to default.) The thing is as you progress you will need to spend more money to be able to play. Plus winning or losing you get the same prize money in the end of the game. I think the key to MLO is the number of games you play and the good results you get in competitions.

Exactly. What's your nickname, dude? ;)

I think the key is as they said themself is build a team with OK players, talents etc. not only superstars so you have to pay less to play and you still get profit when you win tournaments, if you only buy superstars you could even loose money when you WIN a whole tournament with it. so balancing is the key..

And you could be broke.. so you sell some players and you can come in this incredible circle of loosing money money money so you need to sell players and you COULD eventually end up ''game over'' and have to reset your team

IMO making your own emblem/kit/teamname is also frickin great. have to wait till the 8th though... but cu online then!

I think the key is as they said themself is build a team with OK players, talents etc. not only superstars so you have to pay less to play and you still get profit when you win tournaments, if you only buy superstars you could even loose money when you WIN a whole tournament with it. so balancing is the key..

And you could be broke.. so you sell some players and you can come in this incredible circle of loosing money money money so you need to sell players and you COULD eventually end up ''game over'' and have to reset your team

IMO making your own emblem/kit/teamname is also frickin great. have to wait till the 8th though... but cu online then!

Also buying quality cheap players is good, as the popular ones will increase in price meaning if you do want to trade up, you can sell for a large profit.

Exactly. What's your nickname, dude? ;)

My nickname is Flek. Add me! Hulk has gone amazingly expensive from a starting less than 1M€ to 2,5M€ which is a bit overpriced I think. I managed to build my OK team. No great talents but If they play as a team they can win any game.

I really need a INTENSIVE penalty course. I am missing them and is costing me some important wins :(

My nickname is Flek. Add me! Hulk has gone amazingly expensive from a starting less than 1M€ to 2,5M€ which is a bit overpriced I think. I managed to build my OK team. No great talents but If they play as a team they can win any game.

I really need a INTENSIVE penalty course. I am missing them and is costing me some important wins :(

Honestly, I'm still waiting to buy anyone.
I have the promotion quota right now, I want to buy someone who can make a difference. With the default team I dominated almost every match, but unfortunately I could barely score some goals occasionally with those pathetic strikers :CONFUSE:

By the way, did you figure out how to subscribe in time for competitions yet?

Are they at fixed times or not? They are all "full" until tomorrow at 19:00....

I couldn't find any Flek with the in-game search engine...

best Scorer ingame:

Julio Baptista!

balance 89
shottechnique 91

he owns everyone...he only did cost like 2,5mio. And since I have him, he scored at least 3(!!!) goals in every game

Are they at fixed times or not? They are all "full" until tomorrow at 19:00....

You can only enter the competitions after it has started but everyone is trying to join so if you get 1 minute late no spot for you unfortunatly :( Konami need to make more competitions so everyone has a spot.

To be honest with the default team I dominated every match. But I already sold all of them and got some players wich I like more. Then I started "tweaking" the tactics and destroyed the team chemistry and flow. So I got back to default. The default team setup is almost perfect.

You can only enter the competitions after it has started but everyone is trying to join so if you get 1 minute late no spot for you unfortunatly :( Konami need to make more competitions so everyone has a spot.

To be honest with the default team I dominated every match. But I already sold all of them and got some players wich I like more. Then I started "tweaking" the tactics and destroyed the team chemistry and flow. So I got back to default. The default team setup is almost perfect.

I tried D5 Cup yesterday, but the 5 minutes match is a mess to me.
I'm used to literally work the opponent on his sides, slowly, building occasions and finally scoring the goal. 5 minutes are too often rush to the goal, then defend yourself for the rest of the match.

Anyway, there are stronger teams around when compared to usual 1v1 quick MLO match. Let's get this promotion day, I get that we'll have a prize for it?

I hope so, but not sure... I am currently in the top 100 teams. I have faced far better oponents and didn't lose. The best oponnent I have faced had Etoo, D. Stankovic, and some other classy players on his side.

The 5 minutes matches are a hit or miss. Sometimes you only get one really good chance and if you miss you will end up losing or drawing.

I found the first cheating idiot online...I just scored 2-0 with a beautiful freekick with Alex and this noob disconnected during goal celebration, which led apparently the match to disappear at all (there is no record of it) AND me (he too, I presume) to lose the quota without gaining ANY money. Outrageous..I hope Konami fixes that.

What other online modes are there?

Many...Exhibition matches (1v1 and 2v2) ranked, friendly matches (up to 4v4 I think), competitions (tournaments that start at fixed hours every day), the MLO and Be a Legend too (didn't try this one yet, though).

I found the first cheating idiot online...I just scored 2-0 with a beautiful freekick with Alex and this noob disconnected during goal celebration, which led apparently the match to disappear at all (there is no record of it) AND me (he too, I presume) to lose the quota without gaining ANY money. Outrageous..I hope Konami fixes that.

Already happened to me... :( I was winning 3-0 versus a higher ranked opponent and during 4-0 goal celebrations he just quit...

I already bought a new GK. He is actually my most valuable asset. Most people are sticking with the default options. Ivarov isn't bad, but I already saw him making some mistakes. If I see Lothar in the goal, I will just shoot. It will probably be a goal :D

OK, I have to ask this..

While playing online matches, master league especially, my players act weirdly unresponsive with terribly slow reaction time.

When I change a cursor on a player he acts like a headless chicken for a couple of moments buzzing around in random directions, even that I have my pad directed towards the ball. No need to mention I can't defend as any through pass or a simple direction change dribble leaves my players just standing there.
Can't pick a no one's ball when I'm closest to it, can't dribble as any direction change is done in a very slow movements that opponents defender can just come and pick the ball.

There's like 1 out of 10 games that i get a slight response improvement but otherwise that completely ruins playing experience.

What may cause it? Connection problems (I have a 4 Mbps internet connection)? I would've blamed the game itself but seeing my opponents having no such issues, there must be sth else..

OK, I have to ask this..

While playing online matches, master league especially, my players act weirdly unresponsive with terribly slow reaction time.

When I change a cursor on a player he acts like a headless chicken for a couple of moments buzzing around in random directions, even that I have my pad directed towards the ball. No need to mention I can't defend as any through pass or a simple direction change dribble leaves my players just standing there.
Can't pick a no one's ball when I'm closest to it, can't dribble as any direction change is done in a very slow movements that opponents defender can just come and pick the ball.

There's like 1 out of 10 games that i get a slight response improvement but otherwise that completely ruins playing experience.

What may cause it? Connection problems (I have a 4 Mbps internet connection)? I would've blamed the game itself but seeing my opponents having no such issues, there must be sth else..

To be honest, the issue is complicated.

As far as the cursor goes, yes, I'm HATING it too, offline and of course even more online, I use "semi" and most of the time the ball passes nearby my players without the cursor changing in time, even though I am perma-pressing LB(L1).
I don't know if anyone else tried to see if manual, after some experience, is better...However, I think this is a game issue not only related to online.

As far as dribbling and defending, though, you just need to get used to the slower reaction; anyway, the good thing is that the game always puts you and the other player on an even ground, slowdowns are totally shared.

Another thing I actually noticed is that the so-called "binaries" are much more evident when playing MLO.
I think it's either related to the inherenet weakness of the default players, to help avoid throwing the joypad around, or maybe it's an adjustment made to the whole online mode, although I didn't notice this when doing 1v1 ranked matches with real teams outside MLO. The latter would be disappointing, anyway.

P.S.: close EVERYTHING you have ongoing connection side.
I have a 7mbps and I would say most games are decent, although it could be better of course.

I have lost my mind after losing to a guy who had Adriano he got 2 shots and 2 goals. My strikers missed many chances and so I solved the problem sold 2 players and got Julio Batista so far "the beast" has done a great job!

I have lost my mind after losing to a guy who had Adriano he got 2 shots and 2 goals. My strikers missed many chances and so I solved the problem sold 2 players and got Julio Batista so far "the beast" has done a great job!

like i said ^^

Today he scored 11 goals out of 14 in 3 games :>

I encountered him in a match, but managed to close every ball getting to him...He didn't seem very strong, which should be the case since he barely is a football player anymore.
Baptista is constantly benched as well in AS Roma, if they made him powerful as they say that's just another mistake in an unending list by Konami.

As far as dribbling and defending, though, you just need to get used to the slower reaction; anyway, the good thing is that the game always puts you and the other player on an even ground, slowdowns are totally shared.

I have to disagree..
Made this quick demonstration video. Please take time to look at my opponents play (red). His passing, dribbling, positioning, everything is as smooth as would be in an offline match.
Now take a look at my players (blue). Just follow the player with a cursor on. :SHOCK:

You may say I simply suck at PES but I don't have this type of issue playing offline.

YouTube

Back
Top Bottom