Lost - The Final Season

Re: Lost - The Final Season (February 2)

lost-last-supper-image-1.jpg

lost-last-supper-image-2.jpg

Hadn't noticed that before, if the placings are the same as the original it would make Sayid Judas, Sawyer John the Baptist and Jack doubting Thomas (for those of us who know their Bible ;))

which would explain from 01 and 02 why Sayid is so important, he's the one who will betray smoking John and thus cause his downfall........

Waited it out and watched it yesterday on SkyHD...

Thought like Tuta (I think) said, it was good, but I felt a bit flat. Annoyed that they have added ANOTHER faction and storyline to the series in the very last season, so thats going to pad out some episodes now.

There is so much to explain, they could have just started playing it out a little different IMO, but who knows! The whole Jacob thing was cool and I'm liking evil Locke.

Not so keen on all the 'hes dead', 'hes alive' type stories. When that happens (like it has in Heroes) then its very hard to get emotionally attached to any character or storyline as anyone dying can be miraculously brought back to life.

Besides all that, cracking to have Lost back and I'm sure in the end it wont dissapoint!

Oh, oh... theres more...

The whole alternate reality thing. Very well done (and held the whole episode together as something watchable IMO) - how do we think this is going to play out. Will thousands of alternate realities be revealed and the Lost islanders are just one strand in an infinite universe - or with the Plane Losties gradually get some memories and recollections of their time on the island?

I can see this season ending with the Plane Losties going back to the Island to save their alternate selves and finally destroy the island and with it that timeline.

... or not?

Last edited:
They're never going to answer all the questions are they....

Like Libby... why was she in Hurley's mental asylum? I bet the creators forgot all about that one. And why were they after Walt? What was the point of them taking him and Michael wanting him back if all it led to was ...erm.. nothing.

My fear is exactly that Radiation, that they get to the end of it and leave lots of things behind unexplained. Hope it doesn't happen, so this can be named the best series ever (always dubious but still not far off the idea).
Hope they end up explaining it all.

They have far too much to explain away though. The main storyline and the new twists they've thrown in now being the main things - anything else would just feel unnecessary for this series.

I mean why waste an episode or even half an episode explaining why Libby was in his asylum or why she had a boat that she gave to Desmond, or why the guy in the bunker before Desmond was also in someone else's life prior to the island (I cant remember who but he was in their flash backs) when really, whatever the reasons... no one really gives a toss about all them at this point.

They've left it too late and they're already pissing away chunks of the episodes this series with the stuff with
Juliet in Ep1. I mean why go through all of that at the end of the last series with her dying and Sawyer being upset (which made no sense as he clearly didn't really care about her) - only for her to be alive this series... and then die again.

What was the point? She was dead... then she was alive... oh and now she's dead.... again.

They have far too much to explain away though. The main storyline and the new twists they've thrown in now being the main things - anything else would just feel unnecessary for this series.

I mean why waste an episode or even half an episode explaining why Libby was in his asylum or why she had a boat that she gave to Desmond, or why the guy in the bunker before Desmond was also in someone else's life prior to the island (I cant remember who but he was in their flash backs) when really, whatever the reasons... no one really gives a toss about all them at this point.

They've left it too late and they're already pissing away chunks of the episodes this series with the stuff with
Juliet in Ep1. I mean why go through all of that at the end of the last series with her dying and Sawyer being upset (which made no sense as he clearly didn't really care about her) - only for her to be alive this series... and then die again.

What was the point? She was dead... then she was alive... oh and now she's dead.... again.

Yea, that was my point Rad. When characters are coming back to life, it really annoys me.

Any what you say about all the loose ends... christ - hundreds! What about Aaron being the 'special one' ?

I know there is a lot of episodes to come in the next few months, but I just cannot see them tying off a lot of story which I maintain they have pretty much invented as the series came and went (I know thats a point of a 'story', but I mean they never had a mapped out path for all the characters and a lot of the things have been made up and forgotten about).

...the guy in the bunker before Desmond was also in someone else's life prior to the island (I cant remember who but he was in their flash backs) when really, whatever the reasons... no one really gives a toss about all them at this point.

ah yeah, that was Kelvin. he was the guy that enlisted/trained Sayid in Iraq (which adds to how he became an efficient interrogator and killer). it's all about the six degrees of separation, and the show was laced with it in the first few seasons. it's always interesting, but alot of things don't need to be bothered with or can be left unexplained, to excercise imagination. some of it can just be coincidental, perhaps like Hurley's number combination.
:COAT:

Last edited:
Mikhail?

I thought he got shot and died too.

EDIT: Oh it was when Charlie died, he died too with the grenade.

Last edited:
Oh yeah... Not sure why but I never thought of him as being dead after that. It wasn't exactly 100% clear he died. He had the grenade in his hand, pulled the pin and then backed away just as it blew.

But with him surviving everything else thrown at him I expected him to survive that as well. It felt like a crappy death seeing as he survived the rest.

Last edited:
Lost - 603

Average episode. Once again it's interesting, but it's too slow and
Kate fugitive... awful

6/10

They're never going to answer all the questions are they....

Like Libby... why was she in Hurley's mental asylum? I bet the creators forgot all about that one. And why were they after Walt? What was the point of them taking him and Michael wanting him back if all it led to was ...erm.. nothing.

This is one theory that has stuck with me,The one thing that would answer all the questions,is that its a trip in the mind of mental patient Hurley. what a headfuck that would be. :LOL:

this show has "lost" it,il watch it to the end,well,5 years and now to stop watching,no way,just please dot let this show be about aliens at the and,just not the f... aliens

was that Frogurt in the plane in first two episodes sleeping in plane with eyes patch,hehe
It seems that nobody is dead in this show,nobody is going to die,we gona have a happy end

may favourite character is James Ford,best chick M.Rodrigues,bring her back:))

see you at the end of the show,cheers

Last edited:
The plane not landing is an alternate reality. They changed what happens in the future so it's created a seperate branch of time. They couldn't just disappear because they changed how it happened because they're still physically in 1974 or whatever year it was. So when Juliette smashed the bomb, it created a new branch. Hence Juliette saying to Miles that "it worked" as well.

Im not so sure on the branches of time. I have just seen Ep 2 and it seems that the 1970's part is long gone, after seeing the old "Othersville" in a wrecked state as it was when Christian, Sun and Lapitus were last there (Last episode of series 5).

Also just on a side note to remind me, going back a few series there was supposedly 2 islands ? how did they write the other island off ? I have completely forgot!

The Hydra island is still present. The Ajira Flight 316 landed on the track that Sawyer and Kate build back on season 3.
Sun and Lapidus stayed there (with Ceasar and Ilana) while the rest of the plane went back in time. First, Sun and Lapidus went to the main island to try to find Jin. And then, I don't remember how, the rest of people took canoes to meet the Others (with the big metal clate).

Last edited:
haha, mac from sunny in philadelphia, brilliant role =)

everything else about e03 was pretty mediocre...too much mumbojumbo and not enough answering going on for my liking

Ep3 was a slow burner TBF, but...

whether just to mind-fuck with us, but they are definitely hinting the LAX Losties know each other. Just weird glances etc like they are getting dejavu.

Quite liking the new faction now, but just odd how they were on the island and nobody knew about them. Or are they meant to be the remainder of the 'Others'? So fucking confused with the whole thing now!

Like where they are going with Sayid though and apparantly Claire has 'the blackness' - what does that mean?... she seemed ok at the end and shot the Others guards, so is the 'blackness' something against the Others?

...who thinks it's just about people on an island trying to survive until they get picked up...

Ahh, the good old days when the series had focus and not 20.000 branching stories. :D

Having just watched epi 1-2 it all felt a bit; "Oh, here we go......again".

Glad when it finishes, liked the show the first two seasons and curiousity kept we watching the rest but it just seems to be "lost". I'll get my coat!

Lost - 604

New questions...

Flashes are pointless compared to the island story. It seems unbalanced.

"Don't tell me what I can't do !"
:D

Terry O'Quinn : A+

8/10

I'm confused. Didn't Locke propose to Helen and she turned him down? I also remember when he offered her the tickets to the Walkabout over the phone and she said no and hung up... but now they're back together!!!

This is a very different alternate reality now, Stef. Helen suggested going to get married and bringing Locke's dad with them, which says that they're still getting on. Also there's a photo of Locke and his father in the episode and they're getting on well there too.

normal_604-21.jpg

Question there is, how is Locke in a wheelchair now if he didn't fall out of the window because of his father?

Interesting to see the numbers make another return as well!

4: Locke
8: Reyes
15: Ford
16: Jarrah
23: Shephard
42: Kwon

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Valenzetti_Equation

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cuse and Lindelof: I'll quote Mr. Focke: I am very disappointed at all of you!
The season has not been exciting at all , I was expecting a genius move in the season opener already and still didn't happened.
I'll give them some credit and not completely bash it yet, but time is running out and looking at the big picture, not only this season, there are a lot of things I dislike.

Back
Top Bottom