Lost - The Final Season

I'm a bit sad that there's no real subplot.

I want Desmond !

- Who's gonna fly it ?
- We ain't taking the plane, Freckles, we're taking the sub !
Loved this quote.

Another solid ep this week, though I'm not a big fan of Sawyer-centrics.

I seriously hope the plan to fly the plane is a ruse by Focke - if that takes off from a small sandy island, then the show is over.

I'm also a bit confused on the 'other reality'... is this what there lives COULD have been, or what they WERE when they took off from Sydney?

It was never mentioned Sawyer was a cop at any stage previous or that he knew Miles - so I assume he became a cop AFTER the plane landed, but then again, its looks like he was a cop before as he said to Miles he went to Oz to find 'Sawyer'.

Bah! Confusing, but still great!

If next weeks is Richard-centric, then that could be epic!

:D

(Its not an actual spoiler, its just a large image)
sayidj.jpg

Another solid ep this week, though I'm not a big fan of Sawyer-centrics.

I seriously hope the plan to fly the plane is a ruse by Focke - if that takes off from a small sandy island, then the show is over.

I'm also a bit confused on the 'other reality'... is this what there lives COULD have been, or what they WERE when they took off from Sydney?

It was never mentioned Sawyer was a cop at any stage previous or that he knew Miles - so I assume he became a cop AFTER the plane landed, but then again, its looks like he was a cop before as he said to Miles he went to Oz to find 'Sawyer'.

Bah! Confusing, but still great!

If next weeks is Richard-centric, then that could be epic!

I was thinking that the alt reality is basically showing us what happens to everyone after this show ends. So instead of it ending on a 'wow' and then we never know what happened to everyones lives after... we're seeing it now. but we don't know it yet.

So maybe at the end everyone gets warped off the island and sent back in time and their lives are changed.

Which will run into another spoiler but I don;t really want to say because I'm pretty certain that if this above is right... then this spoiler will spoil a part of the story.. but here it is.

As we've seen these alt reality clips for Jack, Locke, Hurley etc... we'd have to assume that they're not the chosen one. So the chosen one must be one of the people we've yet to see in these alt worlds. have we seen sun?

But then we're also kinda playing the guessing game as to why the island is now underwater - if its under there then no one needs to protect it so... erm... yeah this makes no sense.

move along people.... nothing to see here.

It's pleasant, no doubt about it, but this episode can be placed almost anywhere in the show since 30 episodes ago.
It's always the same "Good vs Evil" debate with no real impact on things to come. This episode and its 40 minutes of flash is a big empty shell...

7+/10

great episode

I agree :) never said it was bad,
just the Jacob-MIB thing is kinda of disconnected for somethings I remember, I feel that a lot of it was a waste of time,
while others that weren't that important, kinda of is now, like people proving Jacobs point.
After it end I'll watch it again with this new perspective.

Thought that was a great episode this week - loving Jacob v MIB

I was beginning to think for a while that the twist of Jacob being 'evil' could be true.

But loving how they cannot directly kill each other - why? And the MIB cannot leave the island was a 'goodie' is there too - why?

Wished they'd shown more of Richards back story rather than focussing on that one time period, but overall, loved it!

oh and also...

has it ever been mentioned or assumed that Jacob and MIB are brothers?... just a thought :)

I like this episode. We saw all the characters and it's better that way than simply once every 2 episodes like before.

But some things are wrong :
- the flashes (useless)
- Sun and her english (useless)
- the cliffhanger (no surprise)

But maybe it will start this season.

7/10

Haha they are brilliant Stef, keep them coming!

oh and also...

has it ever been mentioned or assumed that Jacob and MIB are brothers?... just a thought :)

Well, from reading about the biblical 'Jacob' on wikipedia, basically the jist of the story is that his brother 'Esau' agrees to sell him his birthright but Jacob deceives him to steal it and then Esau vows to kill Jacob.

So it seems it's a battle for their father's wealth.. not sure if that's exactly how it will translate into Lost though but it does sort of make sense?

Lost - 611

Quite hard to have a definitive opinion on this one.
It starts really well, the flashes appears to be
extremely important for the main story (oh really ?)
but I don't know what to think.

Last edited:
So it was all planned from the start! This is an image from the start of the show, check the typo ...

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage.php?pid=38246&fullsize=1

Also the picture in Widmore's office:

scale02.jpg

And Juliet saying about getting a coffee before she died. Seemed random at the time but now it appears that it was because she was slipping into the other reality! Are Desmond and Penny going to bump into Juliette at the coffee shop?

It's all starting to link up, quality episode :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom