Liverpool vs. AC Milan

• Thread starter Loewenberger
  • Start date
Chris Davies said:
Liverpool has gone mad. It seems that every person resident in Liverpool has come out of their house and onto the streets. I've just been over there to see my brother-in-law and nearly hit about twenty different people!! Even over here (just across the water from Liverpool, the land of the Tranmere fan) the pubs are packed out and people are talking outside their houses.

Bring back the glory days :)

Sounds fantastic, I bet a few people in the morning will have sore heads.

National teams just doesnt do it for me, its probably just me.... but watching club matches in a competition that lasts all year is much better :)

Revan said:
I have to agree with Milanista!
Zlatan you'r the one with weird opinions!
Ancelotti might not play attractive footie, but he gets results.
like milanista said:
So winning the Serie A, UEFA Super Cup, Coppa Italia, Champions League, reaching the CL final all in 3 years is bad coaching?

And i still ask, how can that be bad coaching?
The players simply relaxed...
U might become real madrid post del-bosque, if ancelloti leaves.

lol, I don't give a crap about attractive football, I'm a hardcore Liverpool and AC Milan fan ffs, that oughta say it all, at least nowadays.

You don't have any insight in coaching and what makes a good/bad coach, that's why you agree with him. I celebrated all those titles but none of them was thanks to Carlo's coaching, trust me.

Anyway I'm out to celebrate this victory/triumph/miracle! YNWA!

Milan patron Silvio Berlusconi has fuelled reports of a split within the club by warning that anything less than Champions’ League glory will make this season a failure.

“If the Rossoneri should lose the Final then it would be a deeply disappointing campaign,” said the businessman and Prime Minister of Italy.

Tonight’s clash with Liverpool in Istanbul is their second European Final in three years, but also their only shot at some silverware after losing out in the Scudetto race to Juventus.

“The squad is tired and some of the players haven’t had a proper holiday in over a year. We live in hope. I ordered my men to go out there to dominate play.”

Berlusconi is not new to public statements about his club, regularly ordering Coach Carlo Ancelotti to field two strikers upfront as a “show of strength.”

The tactician has won the Champions’ League, Scudetto, Coppa Italia and European Supercup over the last three years, but that might not be enough to keep him at the San Siro.

“As Milan’s Number One fan I can say I hope for a victory, but above all I pray for entertaining play for the hundreds of thousands of spectators around the world. I hope to see a real spectacle.”

Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi was speaking after a meeting with his Turkish political counterpart Erdogan.

“In truth I had already planned this meeting a long time ago, but as everyone knows I don’t like to waste time, I ordered Milan’s players to reach the Champions’ League Final so that I could combine the two events,” he joked.

Milanista said:
National teams just doesnt do it for me, its probably just me.... but watching club matches in a competition that lasts all year is much better :)
Doesn't the Serie A have some games on Sunday?

after scoring his 1st "hopeful" goal , did u ever think he would do this ?

_41185457_gerrardtrophy.jpg

quite impressive, mr.owen probably pretty pissed :mrgreen:

Fuck, that game was tonight?

Fucking awesome. Milanista you have fantastic grace. WALK ON!!!!!!

mrdjkola said:
quite impressive, mr.owen probably pretty pissed :mrgreen:
I don't think Owen would be piss. Hell, he and the whole England squad was probably cheering Stevie on in Chicago.

well owen thought liverpool is nothing without him so this should give him good answer :D

mrdjkola said:
after scoring his 1st "hopeful" goal , did u ever think he would do this ?

_41185457_gerrardtrophy.jpg

I am so happy...what a gutsy performance. I am so proud of my boys. One of the most amazing comebacks I've ever seen. :mrgreen:

luis garcia was like a ghost in this game, i was suprised especially from the last game , i thought he would be the opener today.

Un-bloody-believeable.

You can only expect Liverpool to give us so much drama. I'm so proud of the lads. I was actually reduced to tears - I honestly don't know why, but it felt so good. It was strange, in the uni common room there was only 3 liverpool fans (the rest of the 30 or so were ManU/Arsenal/etc...) but thought they were cheering louder than us!

Milanista said:
I actually dont feel as bad as the loss to deportivo last year. I really enjoyed this match as i was tense minute by minute. I really hope Gerrard doesnt leave.

Milanista, I kinda gets why u get so much respect in these forums. Thanks mate, its really humble of you to speak of Pool the way you have. Wish u the best in ur exams tomorrow ;) I certainly hope that Stevie stays as well - I'm kinda more worried about Xabi though!

Chris Davies said:
Liverpool has gone mad. It seems that every person resident in Liverpool has come out of their house and onto the streets. I've just been over there to see my brother-in-law and nearly hit about twenty different people!! Even over here (just across the water from Liverpool, the land of the Tranmere fan) the pubs are packed out and people are talking outside their houses.

Bring back the glory days :)

ooooooooh tell me about it. We just had a good few 40-50 people round are street, 15 from my mates house were we all were.

non-stop signing and believeing from the second half.

i'd just like to personally thank Smicer for his contribution to liverpool over his 6 years.

This is one of the most memorable nights in my life.

About 12 of us in a huddle, around the tv...Shevchenkwho misses....

We all jump around go mad, i wack into the fan, blood spills from my hand and beer from everyone everywhere

then for a good hour and a half after it was just amazing, shouting screaming singing, rejoycing in the streets garden everywhere.

Unbelievable

Great game, Congrats Liverpool. :applause:
Fantastic game by Gerrard, that's how a true Captain fights.
But I think it was Hamman who brought Liverpool back into the match.

So at what point did you realise your hand is still hurting?

And RockyKabir, Why you worried about Xabi? Are there rumours of him leaving?

Guys, can you actually believe it....

WE ARE THE KINGS OF EUROPE!!!!!

thought I should get that out.... :D

RuneEdge said:
And RockyKabir, Why you worried about Xabi? Are there rumours of him leaving?

Nah, Xabi has been tremendous for us all season - in many cases arguably better than Stevie.

I've heard a lot about him before he came & I know that Real Madrid were linked with him in the past but its incredible that none of the big clubs didn't pick up on him when he was available.

Just to complete it, we really need to get a good holding midfielder to replace Didi (I think he's definitely leaving).

Thank God, what else can one say....after 21 years we win
the European Cup/CL.....I never thought I would see another
in my life time as a LFC fan...

Even at 3:0 down, I had some belief thinking back to
the 3:3 draw with Basle FC few yrs ago....
The half-time team-talk and change in personnel did wonders...
Moving to 3-4-3 worked great...Gerrard really unsettled their
defence.
Smicer...great end to his Liverpool career...scoring probably
his first goal of the season
Alonso and Hamann played great in the 2nd half...
Dudek's saves were miraculous...loved his Grobelaar antics...
Traore responded superbly in the 2nd half...cleared off the line

Funny I played out a match on the PS2 with Liverpool v AC Milan...
Milan led 2:0 with 20 minutes gone...but Liverpool came back
to win 3:2 ...

Congratulations Liverpool FC!
eusa_dance.gif
eusa_clap.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Dudek, Hamann, Smicer, Gerrard, Carragher and Alonso you were fucking amazing tonight!!!

Congratulations liverpool.I like football so much but i didn´t watch this final because of my job.when a friend of mine told me that liverpool had wone i has happy just because milan has so much champions league titles.For now on i wiil chose liverpool in we8lw matches.

This is "Football.Bloody Hell." Part 2.I must admit this Liverpool victory is even better than the one we experienced in 99 at Barcelona.The only difference is,that victory is the one which secure our Treble.Last night game was perhaps the best champions league final ever,a special 50th match too.You lot got to keep the trophy! CONGRATS!!!

This must have been one of the most spectacular finals ever...but to be honest was it a final with good football??? I don't think so. The first half was very good. Milan's second goal was a very good one (although the ref could have given a penalty when Nesta touched the ball the other side just before the goal). The third goal was a fabulous goal: pinpoint accuracy by Kaka and a fabulous finish by Crespo.
I don't know what Benitez said during halftime but Liverpools comeback was truly amazing. Great team spirit. Coming back in barely 6 minutes that is something to be proud of.
But after that come back it was kind of match over...the only team who continued to play to win it was Milan, all credit to them.
And then that penalty shoot out...one of the worst GK's i ever saw in a final turns out to be the great hero. I think Benitez knows better and my guess is that we won't see Dudek much in goal next season.
As a neutral fan i think we have to be honest and admit that Milan deserved it more, but they threw it away two times so they only have to blame themselves and again it's very good for football that the underdog won it...to be perfectly honest i'm delighted that Liverpool won it. Once again this years' CL proved that you don't win silverware by throwing tons of cash around.
Of course i'm realistic enough to know that the wins of Porto and Liverpool are quite exceptional...

Congratulations to Liverpool, after a thrilling final...
I feel sorry for Milan, but like Real Madrid they should buy younger players....no matter how much i admire players like Maldini.

And to all Liverpool fans, just enjoy it...you people deserve to win silverware because the way you support your team is exceptional.

Last edited:
I would love to write such a reasoned and fantastic post as gerd above me but I cant be arsed.

We fucking won it, fantastic. Everytime I see and hear the goals today I can feel myself welling up. When we equalised I lost it totally, I still havent really recovered now.

Give me a day or so and I`ll be fine

Back
Top Bottom