LittleBigPlanet

That sucks mate, was it deleted from your moon as well?

Nah its still there. I was playing the story levels today when a message popped op saying that it had been moderated.

I tried playing an MGS level today and that level failed to load too, its probably being moderated too.

Can people put stickers on your level's? Maybe someone stuck a massive cock on it.

Yes people can put stickers on user levels but I'm not sure if they stay there permenantly.

I found this - it's a 'kind of' explanation...

'LittleBigPlanet' levels deleted

Media Molecule has removed user-generated levels from LittleBigPlanet over fears that they infringe copyrighted material.

Levels featuring material from games and TV shows such as Sonic, Metal Gear Solid and Scrubs have been deleted from servers, with their creators unable to modify the content to make it suitable.

Media Molecule has responded by assuring gamers that the moderating system is under review so that feedback will be given in the future.

"We're reviewing the moderating system currently to provide better feedback on why levels are moderated. We're moving towards a system where additional information is given," said Media Molecule's senior community development manager.

He also warned gamers that they should avoid using copyrighted material and anything unsuitable for gamers of all ages for the time being.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a135170/littlebigplanet-levels-deleted.html

I understand that they have to remove copyright stuff like if someone recreates a mario level or a metal gear map. It seems a little harsh especialy if you don't claim anywhere in the level description it's a MGS level and make sure you never mention any character names.

Still - I have no idea why your level was taken down Tobi. There was nothing in that ... unless they assumed it was a gladiators rip off?

I understand that they have to remove copyright stuff like if someone recreates a mario level or a metal gear map. It seems a little harsh especialy if you don't claim anywhere in the level description it's a MGS level and make sure you never mention any character names.

Still - I have no idea why your level was taken down Tobi. There was nothing in that ... unless they assumed it was a gladiators rip off?

Isn't there a Gladiators level anyway?

Yeah and I'm surprise that's not been marked and taken down. If I was a little shit i could go around and mark up 99% of the levels on there. Mirrors edge, SAW, mario, sonic, metal gear, tetris, all of the musical levels with copyright music recreated... yet they all stay on there.

I've played a Lost level, I've seen Star Wars and God of War levels also.

I enjoyed the Gladiators level, I don't think I finished it though.

I played a large bunch of them last night! Maybe your ISP was messing your connection or there are different servers for Spain!

Couldn't get online to play any levels last night. Kept saying levels wouldn't load. Annoying!

Any level that wont load has been or is going to get moderated.

Any level that wont load has been or is going to get moderated.

It was every single one I tried though! I skipped through the pages aswell so I was selecting at random. I must have been very unlucky if that was the case. Oh well, Indoors is out tonight so will try again later.

I emailed MM this morning complaining about my level...I've just checked the game now and my level has returned untouched.

I just cant get into the creating side of this at the moment. I have loads of ideas but i just sit looking at the screen thinking 'now where to start'

And i blame the fucking background sticky shit where one move can unstick everything and bring it all crashing down.

Everything i think of needs some sort of background to hold things in positio but as soon as i realise that i lose interest.

when i was making my level, i found that if you detach something in 'pause' mode, everything else will unstick but if its in the normal 'play' mode it works perfectly fine.

Ahhhhh... I always build in pause mode as it stops things from falling and flying around. I'll have to have another go at it then in real time

Speaking of having content moderated, my mate and I created possibly the worst level ever.
It lasted 30 seconds, had the word 'TIT' written in the sky using dark matter. The only prize to collect was my talking sackboy with a 'magic mouth' or whatever they're called positioned between his legs. Hardly appropriate, hence why I am severely pissed off that Media Molecule do not currently allow sharing of levels privately between friends.

Speaking of having content moderated, my mate and I created possibly the worst level ever.
It lasted 30 seconds, had the word 'TIT' written in the sky using dark matter. The only prize to collect was my talking sackboy with a 'magic mouth' or whatever they're called positioned between his legs. Hardly appropriate, hence why I am severely pissed off that Media Molecule do not currently allow sharing of levels privately between friends.

Do the levels not save themselves to your HDD save file? I wonder if you can copy that to a USB like the created maps for Farcry and share it that way?

Failing that - get your mates together - publish the level - then play it as a group and then unpublish it

Got to admit, I haven't played this at all this week.

I've hit a brick wall in the story because the level is so hard, the servers are a mess so playing online isn't feasable, the level searching online is a mess and the only real levels that show are the trophy-whore levels, leaving me with no motivation to play at all :((

we'll all have to jump on when the servers work ok and 100% some levels. some of the later levels are rock solid and the co op parts are even harder. but with 4 of us we should have a better chance AND we get a trophy for doing a level with 4.

I've just set to work on my first full version level. Seeing as Christmas is on it's way it's going to be based around santa's workshop.

Sounds good mate!

What happened to making the level with the hand reaching down the couch? That sounded pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom