LittleBigPlanet

The more I see, the more I believe that this game will sell very well and be popular at the outset... but after a week or two people will stop playing. I'm guessing many used copies of this game will be available shortly after it's release.

I think kids will love it and play forever, but teens/adults that buy this game will put it down quickly after purchase.

I don't understand the hype personally - it just looks like a side-scroller with puzzles that has a lot of online features.

And the ability to create your own levels, challenges, easter eggs, characters, unlockables, prizes, leaderboards all with co op and competitive play and the ability to go online and co create a level and play it - upload and download created content - sell your content for real money and this big secret they're waiting for Leipzig to tell us.

The more creative you are the more potential you can see and be able to get out of this

That video is on the PSN now for those who care - in lovely HD as well.

Pre-Order LittleBigPlanet from Play.com and receive the Heavenly Sword starlet 'Nariko' as an exclusive in-game character. Access to PlayStation Network required to download the character. Instructions on how to download Nariko will be sent during the week of release.

3433970l.jpg

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/3433970/Little-Big-Planet/Product.html

-

I wonder if gamestation will have the Kratos sackboy?

I've got it pre ordered at one of my GAME shops but i'm going to pre order this one also.

As a PAL consumer, one of the best things about the PS3 is the fact that, as a games machine, it's 100% region-free. Even down to the demos on the various international PlayStation Stores. So this news has me all kinds of bummed out. Seems that all user-generated content created within LittleBigPlanet will be region-locked. As in, Americans can't access Japanese levels, and the Japanese can't access European stuff, etc. Leaving me, as an Australian, totally fucked. This is due to each region having their own servers for the game. As a small consolation Media Molecule say that they can move levels around between them - presumably they'll share the best ones - but if all you want is access to your intercontinental buddy's cock-shaped spaceship level, you're straight outta luck.

I've since read that the servers are global...

A Sony representative has posted on the official European PlayStation forums to clarify the region locking issue, stating that "there will only be one region for the game.... a LittleBigRegion."

"The confusion arose out of regional differences in how moderation will work as there are different legal rules each region have to play by, and at one point this looked like it may require the game to be independent in each region". Thankfully, this was unnecessary in the end. So you can stop fretting now; your level creations will be playable worldwide and, perhaps more importantly, we're going to have a huge selection of content from all different cultures to play with soon after launch. Is it October 29th yet?

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/23/littlebigplanet-confirmed-region-free-by-scee-rep/

LBP and its links to the Illuminati

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=927750&topic=45177770

As I was viewing the box art for the European and North American versions of this game today something came to me, I wasn't looking at the box art of a harmless video game, but the box art of the New world order, the Illuminati. You may have seen their signs in other forms of media such as the Starbucks serpent lady logo on the coffee cup, or the Nickelodeon all seeing eye of Horus. Well the LBP covers share similar shout outs to the Illuminati. They are like a gang, and they leave their logos everywhere, they just can't help themselves.

The covers in question

European
http://i37.tinypic.com/2yljpf6.jpg

North American
http://i33.tinypic.com/2w40jkh.jpg

Spot anything?, let me help you. Let's start with the European cover.
1, bottom right, Skull and crossbones sign, George Bush is a member of this dark organisation.

2.Middle right over sackboy you can make out a hand making the Sign of the horns, also called corna. (DEVIL HORNS). Picture of the Bush family doing it

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Hook_em_bush.jpg

It's the Satanic salute and is on the back cover of the satanic bible, it's also highly offensive in Mediterranean countries . Yet here it is on the front cover of Little big planet.

3. Botton left we see the all seeing eye, the eye of satan, it's on your dollar bill above the pyramid of the Illuminati, it's the sign that they are watching you, and it's on the cover of LBP, just disguised to look harmless, yet when you see the other occult symbols it all makes sense.

Lets move on to the North American cover. (I'm sure if I studied the European cover some more I would find a lot more stuff but I don't have the time)

1. On the North American cover we can see a badge on top of the globe, who is on the badge?, Nostradamus the famous occultist and prophet, a very dark character indeed. What the **** is he on the cover for?, you tell me.

2. On the right of the globe we have the devil horns hand again, you can't miss it, it's the red hand making the satanic salute.

3. What's the badge RIGHT NEXT TO THE SATANIC SALUTE BADGE?!!!!!, why it's the all seeing eye again of course. Put 2 and 2 together and the two badges are saying you are their property by the Illuminati, they have stamped your game with their symbol, and are watching you.

4. Sack girl in the second row, the grey one with the purple hair. Take a closer look at her, she has a red lightning bolt down her face, in satanic circles this represents satans power, the lightning bolt, she is also making the satanic salute with her right hand, two fingers outstretched to look like horns. IT'S CLEAR AS DAY.

I'm not here to tell you not to buy this game, just to warn you that the Illuminati are in control of your country, Nato, world banks big corporations, and your video games, and their aim is to take over the world , they believe in the devil and worship the devil, they are dangerous people. Their symbols are every where, even on the covers of Little big planet, not a surprise to me because I've seen there symbols on Sony logos before. Sony are just one small part of a bigger organisation that goes all the way to the top.

Keep your eyes open and see the signs, they are everywhere. The evidence I give you here is clear for all to see.

Im probably getting this now due to the reaction its recieved lately, everyone at Leipzig etc have loved it so far so its looking good.

50 or so included LBP levels to take 12+ hours to complete and LBP could brick your PS3!

The LittleBigPlanet breakdown session was a little different than most. We’ve been seeing the game at every trade show since it was revealed at GDC 2007. As a result, the session took a more informal Q&A approach, rather than a showcase for the game’s features.

Those present – producer Pete Smith and interface designer Jim Unwin – did start off by volunteering some information: Firstly, the game is finished and pretty much ready to go. The European release date has been finalized as October 29th, with other regions to be confirmed later. Barring unforeseen circumstances there’s no reason at all why this game shouldn’t ship in time.

We were also told that when LittleBigPlanet was first shown at GDC, Media Molecule had only about five members. As much as the presentation at GDC was a glimpse into the PS3’s future, it was also a hiring pitch. Media Molecule was looking for new members in order to work on this incredibly ambitious project. The level shown at GDC was the entirety of LittleBigPlanet up until that point. In fact, they hadn’t even finalized the name until a few days before.

As a result of this, the game has been developed in the public eye, which is why it feels like it’s taken so long to release. Normally, you won’t see a game revealed until much later in the production process. Smith confirmed that there are plans for paid-for and free downloadable content, but bemoaned the rumors and speculation flying around about things like allowing people to charge for their levels. “We don’t know that stuff ourselves, yet. We’re going to be listening to the community once the game comes out, to see what you want.”

The game has a global server, allowing you to share your level creations with people anywhere in the world, and you’ll play co-operatively in the same way. 50 trophies are included with LittleBigPlanet and, as if to tease us further, Unwin scrolled through them, just to make sure we got the picture.

Could you clarify for us whether image importing into LittleBigPlanet is only via the PlayStation Eye? Or are there other methods?

At the moment it’s only possible with the PlayStation Eye, but other methods could be patched in later. There’s so much stuff we want to put in this game, but if we add all of it before launch, it’s never going to come out. So there’s a lot of stuff that we’ve had to delay. We say delay, and not cut, because that’s exactly what we mean. This game was made to have content patched in later.

Of course, if you take a look at the list of stickers and other content available in the Create mode — [at this point Unwin scrolls through the scarily long list] — you’ll see that there’s plenty of stuff to keep your creative side happy for now. Obviously this won’t all be available at the start of the game, that would be overwhelming. You’ll earn this stuff as you play through.

Are there limits to how much you can put in a level?

There’s a thermometer in the Create mode which shows how complex your level is. This is just a rough estimation and we’ve only ever seen it maxed out once and that was here, at Leipzig. One guy kept a level open for an entire day while groups of German press rotated in and more content was added. By the end of the day it was maxed out, but none of our levels, the ones on the game disc, even come close.

Are you going to be moderating the content of levels? This is quite likely to happen, especially when you allow use of the PlayStation Eye to take pictures.

We’ll be using a similar model to SingStar. There’ll be user moderation, so people can flag different levels if they find content abusive. The thing about the PlayStation Network, as opposed to the internet in general, is that you’re never truly anonymous. You’ve signed up to the service and have to log in to post levels, so we’ve got information on you.

We could brick someone’s PS3. I mean, that’s an extreme example, but we have the ability to do that. Mostly, though, your level will be removed and, if you repeatedly offend, you could get banned from the service.

How many levels will be on the disc?

Around 50-ish. There’ll be an interlinking story, too, so it’s not just a random selection of levels. About the first half of the game is one long tutorial, introducing you to all the gameplay mechanics in the game.

Will there be any levels that require the Create mode to get to the end?

No, not to beat the level. Though there are levels where using the create mode will allow you to access hidden areas. The Create mode will have its own set of tutorials to get you used to it.

How long does the game take to complete, if you just focus on completing the developer-made levels?

It takes me [Jim Unwin, interface designer] about 12 hours to complete all the levels, and I’ve been developing the game for the past however-many months. So expect it to take a bit longer than that.

Source: Joystiq

Disney DLC confirmed..waits for Mr Incredible sackboy!

While playing LittleBigPlanet may be old hat to some of us, you, the commoner, may be getting your hands on a Sackboy as soon as September. That's this month! According to a post from the official PlayStation forums, a public beta test for the PlayStation 3 is planned for sometime this month, the details of which are unfortunately largely detail-free.

There will be a limited public beta test for LittleBigPlanet in September. If it will be possible to "sign up" for this test, full information on how to do so will be made public in advance of the test. Similarly if the test is going to be conducted in an invitation-only we will let you know ahead of time.

That means it could be as simple as downloading a PS3 theme, as Sony did with the Home beta. However, should the powers that be decide that an early look at LittleBigPlanet will require sending in your severed pinky, we suspect the turnout would still be pretty darn good.

LittleBigChallenge 003 – Official in-game SackBoy costume contest!

Like all great platform games, LittleBigPlanet™ has a hero, our cool little SackBoy™ that explores the world with you. One of the things that make SackBoy unique is that you can decide how he looks by changing his color, costume and style. We’re hoping you can help Sackboy look his best, by designing a brand new costume for him or his more lady-like equivalent, SackGirl.

Send us your inspired outfit ideas for SackBoy or SackGirl, and Media Molecule will pick three winners, one from Europe, one from America*** and one from Japan. The three winning designs will be available to download FOR FREE from the PLAYSTATION® Store for use in LittleBigPlanet in the near future.

Interested? Wonderful! Read on for more information on how to take part…

http://littlebigplanet.us.playstati...fficial-in-game-SackBoy-costume-contest!.aspx

Last edited:
When they say you can create anything.

Could I create for example say an Evil Dead themed level?

Would I have the tools available to create the right look and everything?

You should be able to make almost anything - You don't get given pre set shapes and that's all - you get blocks that you can mould and chop away at. Have you seen that advert for the razor where it starts out as mountains and the razor chops bits away and then it becomes some blokes face.

You'll have an item in front of you that you can give the texture and feel and effects of wood or canvas or paper or tissue or carpet etc... and then chop away at it to make anything you want.

You can make objects move - make them proximity objects or timed switches or jump platforms or moving platforms when you land on them they'll take you to somewhere else.

It does seem pretty complicated when you really dig into it - say you want to make a king kong monster that stalks you in the background for the entire level.

you'll first make the basic shape - then have to use levers and pulleys to link the limbs up and make them moveable - then fix it to a stable platform with wheels attached so it can move along - then give it a motor and select how fast it should move or if it should speed up at certain points and slow at others --- then you could add triggers for kong to shout roar or take swipe at you at certain points...

Last edited:
You should be able to make almost anything - You don't get given pre set shapes and that's all - you get blocks that you can mould and chop away at. Have you seen that advert for the razor where it starts out as mountains and the razor chops bits away and then it becomes some blokes face.

You'll have an item in front of you that you can give the texture and feel and effects of wood or canvas or paper or tissue or carpet etc... and then chop away at it to make anything you want.

You can make objects move - make them proximity objects or timed switches or jump platforms or moving platforms when you land on them they'll take you to somewhere else.

It does seem pretty complicated when you really dig into it - say you want to make a king kong monster that stalks you in the background for the entire level.

you'll first make the basic shape - then have to use levels and pulleys to link the limbs up and make them moveable - then fix it to a stable platform with wheels attached so it can move along - then give it a motor and select how fast it should move or if it should speed up at certain points and slow at others --- then you could add triggers for kong to shout roar or take swipe at you at certain points...

Ah ok cool sounds complicated but very good.

Back
Top Bottom