Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Pauleta & Pagis videos"

They thought they had it until the veryyyyyy last minute! :D

Boooooorrring !!!!

I hope Marseille will win tonight to continue the 3rd place fight. But there are 7 teams for that place :eh: .

Haha yeah that's the beauty of Ligue 1!

Anybody watch Ajaccio vs. Strasbourg? Heard it was pretty decent game and I saw highlights of it.

Marseille - Toulouse : 0 - 0

Pagis was impressive. Only 3 shots but volleys and always saved by the keeper with class.
If Marseille do the same match against Bolton, they will lose. The forwards play for themselves, it's not a team. Niang was horrible. Dao ate him. That's an impressive defender :shock: !

But 2 bad news : Santos and Siriex out (sprain and broken leg :() After Revault last week, Toulouse is very unlucky.

Last edited:

C'mon man Santos and Siriex injury is real bad news to you! :D

I can't believe, Juninho score a Freekick of 38 metres !!! :shock:
maybe a record ?

i know a german league player from 36,5 m. ;)

but 38 sounds good. any video?

and btw:

come on strasbourG! :D

Last edited:
Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Juninho 38m freekick"

This afternoon, Paris - Marseille.

I don't know if you followed the complicated story. For the OM president the security is not enough (coz "Parisiens" will be above "Marseillais" in the stadium)and Diouf wanted his fans here. But Paris sold the places to his public.

So in order to avoid incidents, there won't be any fans from Marseille and the team which is going to play is the reserve composed of young players and "pros" who need to play (Gimenez, Delfim). It's the reserve because the 1st team doesn't play without the fans.

Hard to understand and the story won't be finish after the game... :(

And Juninho is awesome and Monaco is dying. They can't win !

Paris Saint Germain :0
Olympique de Marseille CFA: 0

Ahh :lmao:

Shame on PSG

ahhhhhhhhh was looking foreward to this tonite! was it a good nil- nil

did marseille take their first team!

missed quite a lot of jour de foot
great win for lille
wots wrong with monaco - nice smash goal by tum!

Paris-Om was a funny game. I liked it even if there weren't any attack I was hopping a goal for Marseille.

The "Minots" of Marseille tried their best and it was impressive.
They played without making any error and managed to stop Pauleta who didn't shoot once.

Paris really needs a second forward to help Pauleta. Paulo Cesar did a good comeback but the others didn't play. Maybe the pressure...
B. Mendy is really a bad player. His fan are against him every second now. If I was his coach, I can tell you he will never play again for the team :lol: ! But that's the same for Cissé, Landrin, Pichot, Kalou... Paris deserves better players.

Juninho's FK was at 41m !

Last edited:

Was watching the PSG vs. OM game yesterday, can someone tell me why OM first team wasn't present?

Security reasons. OM were scared that there would be crowd trouble because the PSG fans were sitting right above the OM fans.

superminot.jpg

:lol:

Funny while OM and PSG continue to hate on each other, Lyon continues getting better! The OL fans must be loving this :lmao:

Lyon > PSG + Marseille

Even if that does happen by then there'll be another team breaking from mid-table or 1-6th mediocracy and end up doing better than OM and PSG.

Lens could be it, they got the fan support, lively stadium, good players always, St. Etienne is another that could possibly one day come back to old glory days with right investment and be a title challenger.

Not to mention with Jean-Michel Aulas in charge I don't think Lyon will be going downhill soon and even if they do, it'll be a bit and still better than PSG and OM who look nothing better than 5th or 6th.

This is the beauty of Ligue 1. Two biggest teams always under-achievin! :)

Marseille - St Etienne : 2-0
Pleasant game. Taiwo missed the goal of the year by 20cm with a very powerful shot from 40m.
And the 2 goals by Pagis. Besides, Janot saved his penalty, so no hat-trick.
Why didn't Marseille play like that against Zenith :( ? Oh I forgot ... Niang & Gimenez...:roll:

Lille-Marseille next week will be very important for the CL. Both teams are separated with 3 pts. Marseille has to win to keep hope :). But I admit Lille also deserves it, however the 3rd place could go to Auxerre who are 4th now.

Yeah very good game by OM today Tuta.

I can't be bothered writing same stuff out so if you interested in my thoughts on it look here: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/22775/page-161

post #4807 and #4808

p.s. Zenit has some very good players mate although I didn't watch that match. So I don't know how well they played or what happened but I don't exactly expect OM to win against them whether it's Pagis up front or Niang and Gimenez to be honest.

Pagis and Maoulida can't play in UEFA cup, Pagis play with Strasbourg and Maoulida with Monaco :(

Barthez out for 3 weeks after a little injury at the end of Marseille vs. St.Etienne.

So you watch the game PLF, nice. I hope Marseille will win something next year with Pagis as a true striker.

Regarding UEFA :
Zenit played very well but Marseille has done their weakest game of the year. The team was very very bad. We had to be 1-0 at HT after Lamouchi's header miraculy saved by the keeper (from 1m). And after HT, nothing... Against good (very) players and decisions of the referee which were whistled against us but not against Zenith for the same foul, it was too hard. But they deserved to win 0-4 easily. There was luck and a wonderful Barthez.

Now at St Petersburg, I assume it will be on snow so we'll be eliminated. There is no way they will not score at least once. I hope I'm wrong... Niang has to stop dribbling and be THE striker (vs. La Coruna...:roll:).

Last edited:

Yeah I know they're cup-tied Thomas. I meant even if they were there..

@Tuta yeah I watch usually 2 Ligue 1 games per week. I'd watch more but access to more than 2 plus highlights show is tough not to mention if I were to watch 3 then it'd be cutting off from my time with other leagues which I can't do! :p (every league has its own place for me ;) )

I don't think OM will win anything my friend if they don't improve the squad for next year.

Pagis is a "Natural" finisher (opposite of Maoulida) and a Ligue 1 veteran striker and has been at Sochaux and then Strasbourg and now OM but he's not exactly a god to make you win titles on his own and I hope the 2 goals from the 32 year old today doesn't make fans think of it or remember it too much and put too much pressure on him to do well in next season where his physical stats might have been even more detoriated as they have been now for couple years already :/

In fact he's a decent player and a very good finisher but nothing special so I hope OM fans don't expect too much and end up disappointed! His experience certainly does help though.

As for Zenit vs. OM, thanks for the report! 4-0 huh??! damn I think OM is out too then :( (I didn't know the score I just knew they lost) and like I said they have some very good players and yeah it'll be tough to get a good result in 2nd leg.

p.s. St. Etienne also needs a "Natural" finisher and we saw how it hurts them not to have one.

Piquionne is a much better "footballer" than he is a "Finisher" and Postiga isn't exactly a regular goal-getter either. Feindouno who is supposed to do more "Assisting" is in fact in my opinion their best "Finisher and also best player" which is bad. It'd be great if you had your best player like Ribery kinda and also a best and natural finisher like Pagis but ASSE doesn't and it's hurt them this year. I think they should start giving Sebastian Mazure more chance now from starting line up cuz Piquionne is top-scorer in league with only 5 goals!! that tells you something! and Mazure given the chance is a very decent player as he showed us in his Caen days and I'm sure OM fans remember the winning goal he scored to make the team who got relegated snatch a famous 3-2 victory in dying seconds last season!

Anyways I hope OM and St. Etienne both strengthen up during the summer to provide a better challenge next year and make the league more exciting because both have the fan support, the good base of squad already and with some good signings (instead of signing mediocre players that OM and PSG have done it plenty in last few years), they can really push for CL place.

p.s. I'm happy to now see Cedric Carasso get more chance again thanks to Barthez injury ;)

Last edited:

PLF said:
As for Zenit vs. OM, thanks for the report! 4-0 huh??! damn I think OM is out too then :(
No only 0-1 but Zenith should have win 0-4 :) (crossbar, great Barthez,...)

Back
Top Bottom