Konami's patch is already here!!

I just can't believe that even after 7 editions of pes they still can't provide a good online service :roll: It just keeps getting worse every year..

i totally agree with u m8, this is the main point, its a joke an all i can say to seabass is "EAT SHIT AND DIE MOTHERFUC...." :applause:\\:o/:applause:

For those that want to play at more than 30fps. Why? A football match you watch on TV is max. of 30fps (60Hz). I think if your monitor has refresh of 60Hz, then 30 is the max you would get with VSYNC enabled anyway. *Shrugs*

r u retarded????? 30fps means choppy shitty gameplay, u need 60fps at least for it 2 run smooth!!! its takin a major step backwards ffs, pes6 ran alot smoother than this crap ffs, r u seabass's mother or somethin u fool :lol:

Do you actually understand what you've written ? FPS is frames per second... so most games on vsync run about 60-75FPS to tie in with the monitors running 60-75Hz so you dont get the horrible tears...

V-sync stops the application refreshing faster than the monitor is refreshing...

r u retarded????? 30fps means choppy shitty gameplay, u need 60fps at least for it 2 run smooth!!! its takin a major step backwards ffs, pes6 ran alot smoother than this crap ffs, r u seabass's mother or somethin u fool :lol:

That's enough young man, the lad might be a bit silly but Seabass's mother is far far too far... because as we all know now by her bastardised commercial-whored offspring...she is clearly past all hope for life...

Again I feel very sorry for all you people who bought it.. thankfully I didn't so I think I'll spend the £18 on some alcohol and reduce my vision to 30fps :D

Do you actually understand what you've written ? FPS is frames per second... so most games on vsync run about 60-75FPS to tie in with the monitors running 60-75Hz so you dont get the horrible tears...

V-sync stops the application refreshing faster than the monitor is refreshing...

listen ere peewee, all i know is in pes6 i set my monitor refresh rate to 60 an enable vysnc an the game ran perfect, an most online games ran smooth aswell, there was the odd online game that lagged but the game ran smooth, now for konami to set the quality level to 30fps just to stop any lag, well 2 me its pointless cos the game runs shit at 30fps anyway so there u go.

Konami are already working on patch number two, it will be released in autumn 2008, called PES 2009 and it will cost 40 Euro.

What with me being a complete arse and all, can anyone help with installing the patch? I do the usual stuff but as the program tries installing a note comes up telling me I don't have sufficient privileges to add this program (or something) and must log on as an administrator. I AM THE BLOODY ADMINISTRATOR - IT'S MY FUCKING COMPUTER. Is this me being a twat? I AM logged on as the administrator, by the way!

Last edited:
Just wanted to leave my comment on the supposed improvements that this v1.1 patch brought to my game:

Before and after the patch, teh resolutions I could choose from were 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768!
Before the patch I was stuck to 800x600 in High Quality because higher resolutions settings were incredibly slow and laggy! After the patch I can play with 1024x768, but the game runs better with 800x600! Just a tiny slowdown!
So, in effective resolution improvements, the patch gave me nothing!

The replays are incredibly better! No slowdown!

As for the "power bar" rumours, I did noticed a change! Now it fills a little bit faster!

So, the patch did improve my game, but not enought to say that it's a great patch!
I would really like to see a patch that fixes the slowdown when running the game at max settings (both resolution and quality)!
I know I'm running PES 2008 from a laptop, but my specs are far better than many desktops playing the game!
If I can run heavier games on my laptop I sure expect to run PES 2008 in the highest possible settings!

I'll be waiting for v1.2 from Konami!

What with me being a complete arse and all, can anyone help with installing the patch? I do the usual stuff but as the program tries installing a note comes up telling me I don't have sufficient privileges to add this program (or something) and must log on as an administrator. I AM THE BLOODY ADMINISTRATOR - IT'S MY FUCKING COMPUTER. Is this me being a twat? I AM logged on as the administrator, by the way!
I dont't know if you have already been told about this, but...
If you're running Vista you have to right click the update file and choose "run as administrator"!
That did the trick for me!

Last edited:
you need disk installed....... thats why it says that so people without disk (installed via daemon tools!) can't do it

I've installed the game with Daemon Tools , [Drive F here]
And when I tried to install this Konami Patch , I can't install because a msg appearl saying I need to put the 'disk' in drive F.
And that's impossible here...I've already got the official game.
And I don't want to install it again.

What should I do?

And when I tried to install this Konami Patch , I can't install because a msg appearl saying I need to put the 'disk' in drive F.

What should I do?

can you not put image on with daemon tools again? i suspect it's because thats the drive you installed with

could anyone provide me with AFTER-patch SETTINGS.exe (ver 1.1.0.1) with resolution higher than 1200x800 ?
the old one doesn't work anymore... :(

What should I do?

Just do it the old fashion way. You know it works a treat if you do it like that. Just put in the CD and reinstall. :D:D:D:D

THE MOST İMPORTANT CHANGE İS THAT FOR ME:
Referees are not same for every matches, they changes with this patch !!!

My point is, if watching tv at 30fps seems fine, which it does, not laggy or whatever, then 30fps watching yourself play a game should be fine too. These peops that get boners over getting 125fps playing CS:s or some crap are insane, as for one their eyes don't even refresh quick enough for them to see them all. Also, 30fps often equals 60Hz as the monitor or tv etc. draws the image to the screen in two passes, hence it needs 60 cycles for every 30 frames produced per second. If it's choppy then it is choppy, but this isn't down to the 30fps. Otherwise, any motion event you watch on TV would also be choppy.

My point is, if watching tv at 30fps seems fine, which it does, not laggy or whatever, then 30fps watching yourself play a game should be fine too. These peops that get boners over getting 125fps playing CS:s or some crap are insane, as for one their eyes don't even refresh quick enough for them to see them all. Also, 30fps often equals 60Hz as the monitor or tv etc. draws the image to the screen in two passes, hence it needs 60 cycles for every 30 frames produced per second. If it's choppy then it is choppy, but this isn't down to the 30fps. Otherwise, any motion event you watch on TV would also be choppy.

Mate, you're incorrect in your reasoning because when you watch TV you're watching FULL MOTION VIDEO. If Konami's games used full motion (which no games do) then the game would be incredibly smooth at 30fps. You try watching a game of PES at 30fps next to a soccer match on TV and tell me it's just as smooth. If you can't tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps gaming then you're completely unobservant!!!!

I am having problems playing any games online.

I keep getting error messages like:

failed to connect to opponent
lost connection with user

So far i've managed to get to the kick-off screen about 15 times. Each time
the connection has broken. What I don't understand is each time i've been given the win.

Could anyone who has had the same problem help??

profilebq1.png

I was one of the players who was at the receiving end (losing 3-0) thanks anyway :(

Konami have now added another news message since the patch was released saying they are aware of lag issue and are working around the clock to fix it.

Banzai !

Back
Top Bottom