Konami To Issue PES2008 PS3 Patch by 11/19

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Konami To Issue PES2008 PS3 Patch by 11/19

Konami have confirmed that they are working on a patch to resolve the online lag issues that users are experiencing with PES2008 and expect to make it available to the public by the 19th November.

In an interview with PESForums.com, a Konami spokesperson confirmed:

"We hope to have the patch released within two weeks at the latest, and have set a deadline of Monday 19th November to get this to the public, as we are aware there are a lot of gamers out there that are avoiding a massive part of the game because of the online issues."

When told that many PES fans may be switching over the series’ main rival, FIFA, due to the online issues, the spokesperson pleaded for patient for the PES gamers:

"I would say to ALL PES fans to be patient with us while we rectify the problems, please be assured that we are working very hard to fix these problems. We hope that everyone will soon be enjoying the online aspect of the game which people will love playing with their friends and fellow gamers."

Although the online issues are inexcusable considering similar problems were initially raised with last year’s 360 outing before Konami issued a patch, at least they are working on a solution and gamers should be able to enjoy some lag-free PES gaming in the next couple of weeks.

http://www.ps3center.net/story-1220-MGS4-Delay-Hurts-PS3-and-Konami-Alike.html

Nothing about off line at all?

Good grief! :(

-------------------------------

Dear Santa,

In addition to the online fix from Konami, can we please also have offline fixes too like no slowdown in the box and selectable kits to avoid kit clashes in cup, league and masterleague competitions. [-o<

Thank you.

Last edited:
they need to sort offline out first IMO I bought a PS3 especially for this game and it's terrible i'm really disapionted with it. If they could bring some sort of patch out just to sort out the lag and make the goal keepers better i'd be very happy but until then i'm hating this game

Rant over

In relation to the offline stuff, has no one else seen an improvement in the frame-rate. I was sceptical when hearing this might be the case, but not sure if i'm imagining an improvement?

I think its better when the ref gives a card, replays, goal kicks etc. Obviously not perfect and i wouldn't say im happy with it at all, but still an improvement at least shows they are trying to address the issues..?

I have the game partially installed on hard disk as i assume most of you do, just wondered if anyone else had noticed it??

no i have installed it, but its still pretty shit
You will notice a lot of slow down when the screen is crowded. You can see this the most when playing offline with a friend. And when taking penalties everything is in slow motion for crying out loud. How could they release such a bad product. I mean penalties in complete SLOW MOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLOW MOTION!!!!!!!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! SLOW MOTION MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY!!!!!! SLOW MOTION!!!!!! THE WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!!!! PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never play penalties unless its against computer in master league when i have to, otherwise its a complete waste of time. Thats a given, but have i just fooled myself into seeing an improvement?

i agree online play is crap.....but for offline ever since i bought a hd screen and downloaded system version 2.0, gameplay is smooth as, i love it now cant wait till they sort out the online issues, once they do goodbye to the outdoor world

surely this must have something to do with screen size?

i have a 40inch lcd sony bravia, and fps and screen tearing is terrible.

ok some stadiums are better but that's no good in master league when you are going to different stadiums all the time.

its unplayable online or offline for me

so you hadto buy a hd tv, download the ps3 update and you hafto install the game to your hard drive everytime you want to play it. Just to play the game smoothly? thats gotta be the most expensive pain in the arse ever.

so you hadto buy a hd tv, download the ps3 update and you hafto install the game to your hard drive everytime you want to play it. Just to play the game smoothly? thats gotta be the most expensive pain in the arse ever.

none of these things are true. well installing on your hdd is, but you don't have to do it every time. if you look at your game data area in the XMB you'll see the 1GB worth of data that was installed by PES2008. it doesn't go away when you quit.

Delete the PES install on your PS3 and run it from disc, as they have a problem with it being installed just now and are trying to fix it. It mentions this on the Konami website under the PES FAQ, the game then runs smoother, the penalties are back to normal speed and the replays don't jerk as much. Does nothing for online play though. Hope this helps.

Here is a link to the PES FAQ on the Konami website stating what to do just now to make it run smoother while they bring out a fix.

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=289

I've done what they mention and it has made a difference.

Last edited:
Delete the PES install on your PS3 and run it from disc, as they have a problem with it being installed just now and are trying to fix it. It mentions this on the Konami website under the PES FAQ, the game then runs smoother, the penalties are back to normal speed and the replays don't jerk as much. Does nothing for online play though. Hope this helps.

Here is a link to the PES FAQ on the Konami website stating what to do just now to make it run smoother while they bring out a fix.

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=289

I've done what they mention and it has made a difference.

awesome! thanks for the information! finally something concrete instead of people thinking it's about using an HDTV or SDTV...

they could have just made a game that works. just a thought.

testing it on a normal tv couldn`t have hurt them either, i brought a P3 mainly for this game and they release it in this state. Shocking it really is, i just hope this fix will iron out the troubles for non HD users and i reckon it will be a good version.

that hd stuff is bollocks anyway. all my other ps3 games have no issues playing on my standard tv. its just konami covering their faults with sorry excuses. they have lost my trust big time. unless pro evo 2009 is something amazing i wont be buying it thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom