Joey Barton

cfdh_edmundo

Maverick
30 December 2002
I'm sorry, and with the greatest respect, but what a vile little shit this player is!

Look at the video in the bottom of this BBC page

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7482620.stm

He's currently locked up for 6 months and now has 4 more pending after the coward attacked Dabo.

I hope he never plays again - this guy should be banned for life.

Good day for justice today.

The Offical biggest cunt in football, people may dislike the likes of Mourinho and Ronaldo etc but this guy is just heights above the others.

Surely he's brought the game into disrepute, should be hit with a season ban at the very least. Cantona and Ferdinand received lengthy bans for a lot less than what this little scrote has done.

I think this is the one subject we'd be unanimous on.

What punishment should he be given? I certainly think he should be barred from professional football, or at least be forced to give 90% of his future earnings to charity or his (and his families) numerous victims.

I do not agree entirely.
He should be punished (which just happened).
But i read from where Barton comes, i think his brother serves a jail sentence for murder (or some other serious crime).

He comes from a part of Liverpool where criminality rate is extremely high. Of course he did that to Dabo, the taxi and to the unknonw person in Liverpool (could not watch the video by the way). So he's the first responsable...but not the only one.

Big clubs "hire" young persons and give them astronomical wages without further guidance, support... I imagine myself to be that age (it often starts when they are 18 years old or even younger) and become that famous and be a role model...it's not that simple...clubs should appoint people to support young players.

It's true that Barton is a major ass-hole, but Manchester City and Newcastle should be punished one way or another too...

Gerd, his brother (or cousin) can't remember who - didn't just murder someone, they stuck an axe in the kids head for absolutely no reason. That ain't Man City or Newcastle's fault. Barton stubbed a cigar out in a youth team players eye at a Xmas party. I don't see how that is Man City's fault either.

Lot's of young men get paid too much money, but they don't beat the crap out of anyone they don't like because of it. Barton is just no good, plain and simple.

But you look at other players who have similar, in fact worse back grounds and they don't go around beating people up and punching team mates out when they are unconscious.

Look at Luka Modric, when he was 5-6 years old his house was in a war zone and lost his grandparents during a war. Or Nando Rafael who was born during the civil war in Angola, he left on his own aged 8. And there are lots of players from Bosnia; Sergej Barbarez (mum is Bosnian, dad is Serbian) was in the JNA Army during the 1990s in Yugoslavia then had to leave the city of Mostar just before the war was there, his dad sister and girlfriend left the city and made it to Germany to meet him, but his mum never made it to Germany. Same with Hasan Salihamidzic, he just got out of Bosnia before the war started. And you could argue that players like Carlos Tevez, Lavezzi, Marcelo Moreno, all come from very poor suburbs of cities in Latin America, much poorer than the worst parts of any UK city.

Anyway my point is this, these players (and many more) can become professional footballers, they can become role models (like Barbarez, captain of Bosnia) and they don't go around getting drunk and beating people up, and going to jail. They have had much worse situations than Barton (or anyone who lives their whole lives in a Western country) had growing up, and they don't turn into monsters.

There is no excuse for Barton, not even ignorance, he should be barred from playing again.

But you look at other players who have similar, in fact worse back grounds and they don't go around beating people up and punching team mates out when they are unconscious.

Look at Luka Modric, when he was 5-6 years old his house was in a war zone and lost his grandparents during a war. Or Nando Rafael who was born during the civil war in Angola, he left on his own aged 8. And there are lots of players from Bosnia; Sergej Barbarez (mum is Bosnian, dad is Serbian) was in the JNA Army during the 1990s in Yugoslavia then had to leave the city of Mostar just before the war was there, his dad sister and girlfriend left the city and made it to Germany to meet him, but his mum never made it to Germany. Same with Hasan Salihamidzic, he just got out of Bosnia before the war started. And you could argue that players like Carlos Tevez, Lavezzi, Marcelo Moreno, all come from very poor suburbs of cities in Latin America, much poorer than the worst parts of any UK city.

Anyway my point is this, these players (and many more) can become professional footballers, they can become role models (like Barbarez, captain of Bosnia) and they don't go around getting drunk and beating people up, and going to jail. They have had much worse situations than Barton (or anyone who lives their whole lives in a Western country) had growing up, and they don't turn into monsters.

There is no excuse for Barton, not even ignorance, he should be barred from playing again.

Good Post - I agree.

The Guy has been given chance after chance - He obviously has no respect for the position he is in.

People are responsible for own actions end of day dosnt set good example.

I heard he could be out in 10 days and has to wear tag what joke.

I do not agree entirely.
He should be punished (which just happened).
But i read from where Barton comes, i think his brother serves a jail sentence for murder (or some other serious crime).

He comes from a part of Liverpool where criminality rate is extremely high. Of course he did that to Dabo, the taxi and to the unknonw person in Liverpool (could not watch the video by the way). So he's the first responsable...but not the only one.

Big clubs "hire" young persons and give them astronomical wages without further guidance, support... I imagine myself to be that age (it often starts when they are 18 years old or even younger) and become that famous and be a role model...it's not that simple...clubs should appoint people to support young players.

It's true that Barton is a major ass-hole, but Manchester City and Newcastle should be punished one way or another too...

i agree with gerd somewhat... somewhat... something does need to be done to support players like these, cause im sure barton was a little shit from the day he first started playing for Man City, and Im sure what gerd means is that man city looked the other way because he was a talent.. i think that is the problem gerd is hitting on... this can be prevented in the future if teams would punish young players at a young age and not allow them to get by solely on talent, and add character into that assesment.. and not allow them to get away with this behaviour, cause there is no way in hell shit like this didnt happen when he was yoounger

gomito got my point...he sure was a litle shit when he started playing for Man City, but they took him because he was a talented litle shit...

Same goes with Newcastle...

I remember Villa fans being against Bowyer coming to Villa: fantastic....

I'm sure many NBA players came from the ghetto, and I don't see them acting like this, what's Barton's excuse? Ban him.

HAHAHAHAH ARE YOU SERIOUS?

the nba has a huge problem with the thug life image right now.. so does the NFL. Some of these guys do some dumb shit, a couple of examples over the last ten years

1.a player choking his coach
2.ron artest going into the stands and beating up fans!
3.multiple occurences of drunk driving

shit i could go on and on, but yeah this happens alot in the NBA

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAH ARE YOU SERIOUS?

the nba has a huge problem with the thug life image right now.. so does the NFL. Some of these guys do some dumb shit, a couple of examples over the last ten years

1.a player choking his coach
2.ron artest going into the stands and beating up fans!
3.multiple occurences of drunk driving

shit i could go on and on, but yeah this happens alot in the NBA

Yes, but the same player doing shit over and over again? Have you seen the pic of Barton's teammate?

Dabo one? Didn't he leave because of that incident? Barton is a very unprofessional and troubled man, and should not be allowed to play football or maybe even walk the streets for a while. He has terrible behavior, and his attitude toward the fans is awful.

Absolute scum along with Bowyer & Ben Thatcher in my book (Sorry quite unlike me to come over all Daily Mail!).

The ironic thing is Dabo would have beaten the crap out of him in a fair fight, hence no doubt why he attacked him in such a cowardly fashion.

Weren't Newcastle after Silvestre, but he declined to join a club where they'd bought a guy who had hospitalised his mate?

A cunt to the nth degree, a piece of shit, and a terrible human being. Such players don't deserve anything.

Cant believe he got away with that stamp on Etuhu. Dick.

He's had chance after chance to redeem himself from the disgusting things he's done and time and time again he's showed he's no good. Clearly runs in his family with his brother being a racist murderer.

The fact that he gets paid 30, 40, 50 grand a week or whatever makes me sick. Especially as he never plays cos he's injured or in prison.

Back
Top Bottom