1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Joey Barton

Discussion in 'Football' started by cfdh_edmundo, 1 July 2008.

1. cfdh_edmundo

cfdh_edmundo Maverick

30 December 2002
    I'm sorry, and with the greatest respect, but what a vile little shit this player is!

Look at the video in the bottom of this BBC page

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7482620.stm

He's currently locked up for 6 months and now has 4 more pending after the coward attacked Dabo.

I hope he never plays again - this guy should be banned for life.

Good day for justice today.

2. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    What a cunt.

3. bonjovifan

bonjovifan League 2

16 October 2005
    Maidstone United
    I've no idea why Newcastle ever bothered with him to be honest.

4. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
    The Offical biggest cunt in football, people may dislike the likes of Mourinho and Ronaldo etc but this guy is just heights above the others.

5. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    Absolute scum bag. I hope he meets Bubba in the shower.

6. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    all of the above or below depending on your settings... and a bit more, the guy is a spoilt child and should be behind bars...

7. Bingham67

Bingham67 Champions League

17 July 2005
    Guy just trouble full stop Newcastle were mental to sign him in first place.

8. northstandhero

northstandhero Betta Getta Vespa

25 April 2002
    Lancashire, UK
    Surely he's brought the game into disrepute, should be hit with a season ban at the very least. Cantona and Ferdinand received lengthy bans for a lot less than what this little scrote has done.

9. T Butcher fan

T Butcher fan Champions League

3 December 2001
    I think this is the one subject we'd be unanimous on.

What punishment should he be given? I certainly think he should be barred from professional football, or at least be forced to give 90% of his future earnings to charity or his (and his families) numerous victims.

10. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    I do not agree entirely.
    He should be punished (which just happened).
    But i read from where Barton comes, i think his brother serves a jail sentence for murder (or some other serious crime).

He comes from a part of Liverpool where criminality rate is extremely high. Of course he did that to Dabo, the taxi and to the unknonw person in Liverpool (could not watch the video by the way). So he's the first responsable...but not the only one.

Big clubs "hire" young persons and give them astronomical wages without further guidance, support... I imagine myself to be that age (it often starts when they are 18 years old or even younger) and become that famous and be a role model...it's not that simple...clubs should appoint people to support young players.

It's true that Barton is a major ass-hole, but Manchester City and Newcastle should be punished one way or another too...

11. T Butcher fan

T Butcher fan Champions League

3 December 2001
    Gerd, his brother (or cousin) can't remember who - didn't just murder someone, they stuck an axe in the kids head for absolutely no reason. That ain't Man City or Newcastle's fault. Barton stubbed a cigar out in a youth team players eye at a Xmas party. I don't see how that is Man City's fault either.

Lot's of young men get paid too much money, but they don't beat the crap out of anyone they don't like because of it. Barton is just no good, plain and simple.

12. cfdh_edmundo

cfdh_edmundo Maverick

30 December 2002
    But you look at other players who have similar, in fact worse back grounds and they don't go around beating people up and punching team mates out when they are unconscious.

Look at Luka Modric, when he was 5-6 years old his house was in a war zone and lost his grandparents during a war. Or Nando Rafael who was born during the civil war in Angola, he left on his own aged 8. And there are lots of players from Bosnia; Sergej Barbarez (mum is Bosnian, dad is Serbian) was in the JNA Army during the 1990s in Yugoslavia then had to leave the city of Mostar just before the war was there, his dad sister and girlfriend left the city and made it to Germany to meet him, but his mum never made it to Germany. Same with Hasan Salihamidzic, he just got out of Bosnia before the war started. And you could argue that players like Carlos Tevez, Lavezzi, Marcelo Moreno, all come from very poor suburbs of cities in Latin America, much poorer than the worst parts of any UK city.

Anyway my point is this, these players (and many more) can become professional footballers, they can become role models (like Barbarez, captain of Bosnia) and they don't go around getting drunk and beating people up, and going to jail. They have had much worse situations than Barton (or anyone who lives their whole lives in a Western country) had growing up, and they don't turn into monsters.

There is no excuse for Barton, not even ignorance, he should be barred from playing again.

13. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Good Post - I agree.

The Guy has been given chance after chance - He obviously has no respect for the position he is in.

14. Bingham67

Bingham67 Champions League

17 July 2005
    People are responsible for own actions end of day dosnt set good example.

I heard he could be out in 10 days and has to wear tag what joke.

15. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    i agree with gerd somewhat... somewhat... something does need to be done to support players like these, cause im sure barton was a little shit from the day he first started playing for Man City, and Im sure what gerd means is that man city looked the other way because he was a talent.. i think that is the problem gerd is hitting on... this can be prevented in the future if teams would punish young players at a young age and not allow them to get by solely on talent, and add character into that assesment.. and not allow them to get away with this behaviour, cause there is no way in hell shit like this didnt happen when he was yoounger

16. Cammey

Cammey Shirt Untucker

12 October 2004
    Lancashire,England
    Everton FC and Burnley FC
    Somebody who stubs a cigar out in somebody's eye should be hung.

No messing about.

17. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    I'm sure many NBA players came from the ghetto, and I don't see them acting like this, what's Barton's excuse? Ban him.

18. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    gomito got my point...he sure was a litle shit when he started playing for Man City, but they took him because he was a talented litle shit...

Same goes with Newcastle...

I remember Villa fans being against Bowyer coming to Villa: fantastic....

19. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    HAHAHAHAH ARE YOU SERIOUS?

the nba has a huge problem with the thug life image right now.. so does the NFL. Some of these guys do some dumb shit, a couple of examples over the last ten years

1.a player choking his coach
    2.ron artest going into the stands and beating up fans!
    3.multiple occurences of drunk driving

shit i could go on and on, but yeah this happens alot in the NBA

Last edited: 2 July 2008
  20. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    Yes, but the same player doing shit over and over again? Have you seen the pic of Barton's teammate?

21. matt1288

matt1288 B4MF

4 May 2006
    London, UK
    Juventus
    Dabo one? Didn't he leave because of that incident? Barton is a very unprofessional and troubled man, and should not be allowed to play football or maybe even walk the streets for a while. He has terrible behavior, and his attitude toward the fans is awful.

22. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    I hope his next shit is a hedgehog.

23. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    Absolute scum along with Bowyer & Ben Thatcher in my book (Sorry quite unlike me to come over all Daily Mail!).

The ironic thing is Dabo would have beaten the crap out of him in a fair fight, hence no doubt why he attacked him in such a cowardly fashion.

Weren't Newcastle after Silvestre, but he declined to join a club where they'd bought a guy who had hospitalised his mate?

24. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    :LOL: :TU:

25. Abhishek

Abhishek Best player in the world

29 January 2006
    India
    Liverpool
    A cunt to the nth degree, a piece of shit, and a terrible human being. Such players don't deserve anything.

26. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Joey Barton is a Poo Poo Head!!!

27. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    So, summing up, Bolton will have him when he's released. :DD

28. Jumbo_

Jumbo_ -

17 August 2006
    Manchester
    Manchester United
    Cant believe he got away with that stamp on Etuhu. Dick.

He's had chance after chance to redeem himself from the disgusting things he's done and time and time again he's showed he's no good. Clearly runs in his family with his brother being a racist murderer.

The fact that he gets paid 30, 40, 50 grand a week or whatever makes me sick. Especially as he never plays cos he's injured or in prison.

29. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Jesus, what a sickening thing to do against Etuhu...he never even watched the ball...