In search for PS3 PES7 info

Thats where Konami fail they could make all the fake leagues and teams etc they wanted and put in a decent editor, why the fuck not.
I hate when all this news comes out the first news headline should be They have revamped the fucking masterleague not they have changed the offsides who gives a fuck.

360 movement should be the main thing here. If they manage to implement that properly, things will be goooood. Can't wait for REAL news. Hope to Ghord that it will be next gen.

Hey mates, im new here. Been waiting on ews for so long. To be honest im somewhat pleased with what news we got already but still would like a major evolution to the game like ML revamp (like embraceuk1 said) and add more game modes like manager mode for example which fifa got and is really good. Another game mode like becomin a pro mode or somethin around that, u get to choose 1 player and go up steadily to stardom.

There is more news in the Winning Eleven thread my friend...welcome here...i already love you for your avatar...great way to make a mark...any idea who she is???

Without even noticing what Stan wrote, I thought the same! Awsome girl on your avatar mate ;) Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks people. Would have to look for the winning eleven thread then. The chic in my avatar is a friend of mine. Not a celeb or anything.

LOL yes my thought too :)
I woudn't place my girlfriend that way on the internet, afraid of concurrents :D That's why I think you only dreaming of beeing her boyfriend :D

She isn't my girl friend. I clearly stated she is a "friend" of mine. ;) And no i would never want to be her boy friend lol. How about we stay on topic ;)

I don't like the way some people have compared FIFA to pro. I own both games and I don't even see how you can compare the two. Yes PES can improve but so can fifa, there are so many flaws with it, i.e. quality of kits, long ball tactics of the computer, shite ball physics etc.Konami my be lazy but I think people are being a bit too durastic when you compare the two like FIFA will imagically improve so much after one year.

The football season seems far away but DAMN I CAN't WAIT TIL OCTOBER!

Mate, she is to hot to be anyones friend :D Never the less, we want proof!! El bastardo you ;)

And on topic: We want picture of PES FREAKIN 7 TOO!! DAMN YOU KONAMI I HATE YOU ARJGHHGHGHGHG :D

We all wish for our beloved PES to be what it could be..but unfortunetly, I only see EA`s Fifa becoming better and better, in terms of gameplay, and in terms of graphics. Dont get me wrong, graphics and licenses are not the reason why we love PES, but hey..it is 2007., Konami is earning huge amount of money trough it`s best sellers, and most of their profit comes from, I presume, PES/WE series. Now, I know this for a fact: a lot of people doesnt buy PES/WE due to its poor offgameplay performance, like graphics, sound, licenses, overall presentation. I ask you this, wouldn`t it be smart ECONOMICAL move for Konami to INVEST some money into gathering licenses, developing better motion capture technics, better graphics etc..you catch my drift? I think they would make even more profit with this new revamped PES. You cant make money without investments. And that is only from economical point of view, which I hope you dont mind, cause I study economics :D
I hate Konami`s ignorance, their unwilingness to respond, to cooperate with hardcore fans, to listen our desires..I remember Fifa developers had section on their web page, where fans could post their ideas for the game. Many of them came true. I cant imagine Konami doing such thing..
To draw the line here, I am shocked with them. Lazy pricks :(

Yup!

I have to agree with puschkin, he makes a good point about konami not even trying to attract new gamers by making PES graphics better and getting more licenses. However, I really believe that konami try to get as many licenses as possible every year, but it's probably very expensive and difficult.

But konami still seem very lazy IMO, the menu's have no style, the music sucks and is still the same japan/rock/crap, the masterleague hasn't been changed much if at all in recent years, and online could be a lot better on xbox360.

I meen WTF are they actually doing every year??

I still wouldn't even consider buying fifa because that game sucks major balls....

Not sure if any is interested but i had a look at Fifa Manager 2007 and i'm impressed. They have Player career in and that is something i'd really love Konami to add in their PES7. We seriously need more modes because it is getting repetitive every year with the Master League. I'd say make Master League more realistic and add 2 options: Manager career and Player career.

i read on dutch gamewebsite games.blogo.nl written by cem (yildiz) : pes7 release.
he says he received a confidential rapport statting that the releasedate for pes 7 is 30 december 2007.
i hope this is another bulshitstory and pes7 is there in october.

i read on dutch gamewebsite games.blogo.nl written by cem (yildiz) : pes7 release.
he says he received a confidential rapport statting that the releasedate for pes 7 is 30 december 2007.
i hope this is another bulshitstory and pes7 is there in october.
a guy from Konami UK say "PES7 for October" it's official

From PESFan:

PES7, the next real football game of the next generation?

It's the first time ever for the japanese version of PES: winning eleven, to not be released earlier than other versions, we have to say that with the movement to the next gen games, a new war begins. We still remember the arrival of the PES series to the ps2 that made a big impact for all the years of the ps2 lifespan, it will probably be the same for the ps3. But with FIFA trying to return furiously. The battle wasn't won in advance with the very average version on the xbox360, but it let the developers to concentrate on the online play (PC too) which will be, we know for certain, focused on during the next versions.

Evolution or revolution: About the graphics there is a big question mark, what we know for sure is that the graphics won't be as stunning as they used to be when we first moved from the psone to the ps2. The change will be all around the pitch, with stadiums full of details, more player animations, and most players will have very close attention to their details.
Page seven

According to the developers, the players will move and act like they are in reality, the runs of Cristiano Ronaldo, the ball control of Kaka, the accelerations of Ronaldinho, etc. Luckily it's impossible not to know the players from the way they look in the game. With the powerful processor of the ps3 and the work done on the AI, most the scripted play will disappear and the characteristics of the players will be refined. We can expect the shot of Thierry Henry will have a precise trajectory but that's the case with special players, and it's the general way of the players' reactions that will make the game revolutionary. With a new "foot plant": foot to earth collisions the players won't look like they're sliding across the field. On the ps2, we had the players only moving in 8 directions, now on the ps3 we have double that, so we expect that the analogue stick will be decesive in gameplay. But there won't be any radical changes to the gameplay, after all why changing a winning team?
Top left corner: the processor of the ps2 used to make calculations to provide a chance factor to the game. It took in consideration the stats of the player adding a coefficient of the environment (defenders, position) and makes its calculations by luck like throwing a dice. With the new Sony console and its new processor, it will have the capacity of making more complicated calculations and more rational ones that will depend on the player mentality, how much your team is pressing on the other team and the overall teamwork of the players.

Interview with Seabass:we had the chance to meet the master himself and ask him a few questions.

According to you, what will next-gen really improve?
For me, what really matters is the ability of players playing against eachother. from this point of view, The future consoles will be revolutionary. The introduction of online play was a major set forward to our genre, not needing to be physically there to compete will change the way we play and even the way we develop games.

From your point of view, what's the most important thing for a football simulation?
From my point of view, the most important thing is the feeling of realism, the gamers should feel that they're immersed. we always try to add new animations, but we were limited by the capacity of the ps2 processor as we insist on the fluidity of the game. Now we'll take advantage that next-gen gives us.

What are the most important aspects of the game that should be enhanced to make the gameplay even better?
There are always lots of things to enhance,even though we're globally satisfied with the overall product we have to offer every year. What really catches my attention is the liberty of players. With the ps2 we were limited by the capcity of the ps2 procesor so we had many scripts for the game stays and acts fluid. We had to adjust the game speed to not to notice any slowdowns. With the ps3's processor we have limited to the maximum the number of scripts, so that the choices the gamers do will affect how the game is playing. In the near future, we'll do games that will depend entirely on the players' choices and it will affect online play the most.

What are you most proud of in this installment of PES?
We are very proud the game is where it is today, and that millions around the world appreciate what we do. We care about gameplay the most since we started our little project long ago, and we make football first next to anything else and we'll continue through that road as long as we can. I enjoy in particular the different reactions the players experience during playing the game. It's the Europeans who react the most, they don't hesitate to jump off their seats to scream "goal!!", also the Japanese forums credit us too much, things like that make us strong enough to carry on.

What's your ultimate goal that you try to get to with the PES series?
I am dreaming of setting up 11vs11 games, that you will only be able to control 1 player through the game and put his talents for the sake of the whole team. Also to make a player adopt the role of the referee. Luckily all that can be done through online play. I don't know if it's going to be popular among gamers. But that's what i want to accomplish, gamers come online to practice together, make a strong squad and try to take on other teams. (laughs)

From PESFan:

PES7, the next real football game of the next generation?

It's the first time ever for the japanese version of PES: winning eleven, to not be released earlier than other versions, we have to say that with the movement to the next gen games, a new war begins. We still remember the arrival of the PES series to the ps2 that made a big impact for all the years of the ps2 lifespan, it will probably be the same for the ps3. But with FIFA trying to return furiously. The battle wasn't won in advance with the very average version on the xbox360, but it let the developers to concentrate on the online play (PC too) which will be, we know for certain, focused on during the next versions.

Evolution or revolution: About the graphics there is a big question mark, what we know for sure is that the graphics won't be as stunning as they used to be when we first moved from the psone to the ps2. The change will be all around the pitch, with stadiums full of details, more player animations, and most players will have very close attention to their details.
Page seven

According to the developers, the players will move and act like they are in reality, the runs of Cristiano Ronaldo, the ball control of Kaka, the accelerations of Ronaldinho, etc. Luckily it's impossible not to know the players from the way they look in the game. With the powerful processor of the ps3 and the work done on the AI, most the scripted play will disappear and the characteristics of the players will be refined. We can expect the shot of Thierry Henry will have a precise trajectory but that's the case with special players, and it's the general way of the players' reactions that will make the game revolutionary. With a new "foot plant": foot to earth collisions the players won't look like they're sliding across the field. On the ps2, we had the players only moving in 8 directions, now on the ps3 we have double that, so we expect that the analogue stick will be decesive in gameplay. But there won't be any radical changes to the gameplay, after all why changing a winning team?
Top left corner: the processor of the ps2 used to make calculations to provide a chance factor to the game. It took in consideration the stats of the player adding a coefficient of the environment (defenders, position) and makes its calculations by luck like throwing a dice. With the new Sony console and its new processor, it will have the capacity of making more complicated calculations and more rational ones that will depend on the player mentality, how much your team is pressing on the other team and the overall teamwork of the players.

Interview with Seabass:we had the chance to meet the master himself and ask him a few questions.

According to you, what will next-gen really improve?
For me, what really matters is the ability of players playing against eachother. from this point of view, The future consoles will be revolutionary. The introduction of online play was a major set forward to our genre, not needing to be physically there to compete will change the way we play and even the way we develop games.

From your point of view, what's the most important thing for a football simulation?
From my point of view, the most important thing is the feeling of realism, the gamers should feel that they're immersed. we always try to add new animations, but we were limited by the capacity of the ps2 processor as we insist on the fluidity of the game. Now we'll take advantage that next-gen gives us.

What are the most important aspects of the game that should be enhanced to make the gameplay even better?
There are always lots of things to enhance,even though we're globally satisfied with the overall product we have to offer every year. What really catches my attention is the liberty of players. With the ps2 we were limited by the capcity of the ps2 procesor so we had many scripts for the game stays and acts fluid. We had to adjust the game speed to not to notice any slowdowns. With the ps3's processor we have limited to the maximum the number of scripts, so that the choices the gamers do will affect how the game is playing. In the near future, we'll do games that will depend entirely on the players' choices and it will affect online play the most.

What are you most proud of in this installment of PES?
We are very proud the game is where it is today, and that millions around the world appreciate what we do. We care about gameplay the most since we started our little project long ago, and we make football first next to anything else and we'll continue through that road as long as we can. I enjoy in particular the different reactions the players experience during playing the game. It's the Europeans who react the most, they don't hesitate to jump off their seats to scream "goal!!", also the Japanese forums credit us too much, things like that make us strong enough to carry on.

What's your ultimate goal that you try to get to with the PES series?
I am dreaming of setting up 11vs11 games, that you will only be able to control 1 player through the game and put his talents for the sake of the whole team. Also to make a player adopt the role of the referee. Luckily all that can be done through online play. I don't know if it's going to be popular among gamers. But that's what i want to accomplish, gamers come online to practice together, make a strong squad and try to take on other teams. (laughs)

I post it already 1 week ago, it's just a speculation ;)

Why do they talk like it's only being released on ps3???

Seriously, it's just "Ps3 this, ps3 that", "with the new sony ps3 superduper exlusive chip this is possible" blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!? This game is also supposed to be released for X360, which is alot bigger market right now! So why don't konami cut the crap and accept that!

almost 11 million 360's sold and only 3,5 ps3's sold....hmmm...

Seriously, it's just "Ps3 this, ps3 that", "with the new sony ps3 superduper exlusive chip this is possible" blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!? This game is also supposed to be released for X360, which is alot bigger market right now! So why don't konami cut the crap and accept that!

ps3 is the main developmentsystem for PS3 and you have to live with it.

Don't worry it will come to x360 also, but the way pes6 was on x360 illustrates once more, konami mostly focus on playstation-platform.

i have the x360 myself and was hoping pes6 would be great but it wasn't so i switched back to the ps2-version.

I think we should be happy konami is not making the game worse by making the development-proces more complex to get it perfect on all platforms. focus on one and make it perfect is the best in my opinion.

2 things I would say.

1) It is going to be released for xbox-360. The main development will take place on PS3 but you will still be getting a decent port on xbox-360.

2) It's pretty widely known that the Sony Playstation is their chosen platform for development. It always has been since PES1. I made a perfectly conscious decision not to buy a 360 and wait for a PS3 in the knowledge that PES7 would be developed and optimised, first and foremost, for the PS3. This is no big secret. I'm not sure how you didn't know this was the way things are at the moment with Konami.

Personally, I don't give a hoot about the relative technical merits, popularity, etc of each console. It's known that PES is fundamentally a Playstation game, so I buy Playstation. Indeed, PES is the only game I ever buy now, so it'll be costing me around £440 just to play PES7, but in the long run, with the sequels in the future also being developed on PS3, it's worth it.

is there actually ANY official news on this?
a mate said to me last night, 'yeah theres gonna be 13 leagues, including english championship, fully licensed, i promise...i read it on...' not evo-web, and i figured i was gonna be the only person who would be able to ask for any proof i thought id leave it cos i havent been keeping up to date. i take it this is bullshit yeah?
i also said, but ea have all licenses konami are only allowed 2 from the prem for example, and he said no konami and ea have done a deal for 8 years to share.

stinks of bullshit, but just wondering if ive missed some big newS?

is there actually ANY official news on this?
a mate said to me last night, 'yeah theres gonna be 13 leagues, including english championship, fully licensed, i promise...i read it on...' not evo-web, and i figured i was gonna be the only person who would be able to ask for any proof i thought id leave it cos i havent been keeping up to date. i take it this is bullshit yeah?
i also said, but ea have all licenses konami are only allowed 2 from the prem for example, and he said no konami and ea have done a deal for 8 years to share.

stinks of bullshit, but just wondering if ive missed some big newS?
apparently that was a hoax. i just read the supposedly hoax article now on some other pro evo web forum. it mentioned you could choose to control individual players on 2 vs 2 mode which didnt sound realistic. also mentioned 13 licensed leagues which i doubt.

sony are funding the pes7 for the ps3 by giving to $2million to optimize it for the ps3 and is run on a different engine on the ps3. konami have a good relationship with sony i.e metal gear solid 4, and the wiining eleven franchise in japan where it is a major blockbuster title and where there aint much xbox360's around. japanese company's like to help each other out. thast's the main reason i'm gona get ps3 even though i'm a playstation fan , i'm still waiting for the winter titles to come out like,pes7 , mgs4 , heavenly sword, u.drakes fortune , tekken, killzone, getaway, gta4 , etc. i would like to buy the xbox360 but don't think it's worth the money, i.e elite coming out so allredy x360 is old and in four years time when games are about 35gb in size what are they gonna do bring out another console. i lek value for money and rather invest £130 more for something that's gonna last 8 years and still get support i.e ps2 and not get disregarded like xbox.

i thought sony were funding the marketing of the game...

I will only pay for pes7 only if it gets totally revamped. If it's the same scripted mess that was pes6, I will simply ignore it and play it ocasionally with friends. Here are some things they've totally ruined in the game:

- Movement. Everytime I feel I control LESS the movement of players in ANY situation. Sad, isn't it, in a sports game???

- Controls are worst than ever. Reaction, effectiveness, I'd give anything to be able to really shoot where I want, specially in those 1 vs 1 that go to the keeper's body for no reason.

- AI sucks totally. Defenders act like headless chicken. AI needs to be DONE. This game has no AI at all and needs one urgently. Trying to watch the movement of your teammates, specially in defense, is fustrating. Not to mention the off-side rule badly programmed (I liked when 2 strikers when to the opponent keeper in last installments, and you could easily score in 2 to 1 situations. Now that is lost because the 2nd striker stops and goes back leaving you alone).

- Scripts and general cheats need to be TOTALLY WIPED OUT of this game. Not only are pathetically implemented.. it's that even in multiplayer they have put that kind of stats juicing. Try to play a full league with your friends and voila, you'll see strange things happening and that horrible fatigue working against the leader. Pathetic.

- Having said all the important things, now the rest of things (options, master league, graphics) are not so important.

That's only to stress how unsatisfying is being the evolution of this series. They had a good engine years ago. They messed it up trying not to work a new one. Now they can skip it. No new engine, no new game = end of pes. I played fifa recently, and I got surprised the first couple of times I intercepted a pass because I was in the right position. Then I realized how predictive is the gameplay of pes. Not that fifa is as good as pes overall, but some things begin to get better. Interceptions and deflections are by far better in fifa, for instance.

Sebass is not in the good way. A year ago I read in an interview "we try to bend reality to produce drama, so expect las minute surpresis in the matches". That kind of things really screw the thing. There's no need to have dramatic matches again and again. Football is NOT like that. Let the game play freely, and then we would really enjoy it more.

-

i dont understand why people can be so negative about the pesseries,i find every edition an improvement .
okay the defence could be better, but the bad points of pes5 like to many fouls being called,free kicks to easy for onlineexperts ,have been resolved.
there is always evolution in the game,i never look back to the older games.
pes 7 is going to be a vast improvement because of the hardware of ps3,but the following editions are going to be better every year.

Back
Top Bottom