If i buy this card....

I'm gonna buy a laptop and I'm choosing between 2. The first one has a Geforce 8600M GT card and the second one has a ATI Mobility Radeon X1900. Which one should I get to be able to play PES at maximum settings?

nVidia for sure.
Plus the 8000* nVidia series is compatible with future DX10 releases, while only the x2000* ATIs are

Hi, I´m planning to buy a:
VGA PCIE ATI X1950PRO XTREME 512MB DDR3 POWERCOLOR
what do you think about this one? is it good? does it support directx 10 ?
thnx!

EDIT: or would it be better a... :
VGA PCIE ATI PowerColor HD 2900 XT 512MB GDDR3 ?????
Thanks!

Surely the hd2900xt is better overall, and it supports DX10 (which the x1950pro doesn't), but it's much more expensive so it all depends on your budget. Just bear in mind that any of the cards named so far in this thread are more than enough to play pes2008 in full detail, provided your cpu is not a bottleneck.

nyrang he´s talking about mobile chipsets (GPU) though.
From the two options you mention Nebo the nVidia is better IMO, that is, with the same video ram configuration

Last edited:
but it depends most on the gpu here right?

not the cpu well some though

but the most is done by the gpu

Correct me if im wrong.

Thx.....

so lets say for example:

i have a 2.0 ghz cpu 512ram

But a: geforce 8800ultra

How will it play

would the gpu pull it all straight ?

Ilio
I read on other posts here that the load on the CPU by the game is not high at all, so in your case, for sure the GPU would make all the difference. The one thing that you will need to upgrade though is your RAM, as the game will use a lot of it aside from the video ram. But an extra gig of ram is really cheap these days, under $50. Are we talking about a dual core CPU?

Hmm, I would say a Pentium 4 at 2.0 Ghz should be enough. I´d like to see what other guys here think though.

i just ordered the 8600gts and i cant cancel...

Someone please tell me if im able to play at high resolution with descent speed!
please tell me

don't worry dude.
i'm running 8600GT, having 60fps in match view and 25~35fps in close view.
your 8600GTS would only be better. \\:o/

edit: but i do have a C2D CPU

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyy i have the card but there is an external power wire what do i have to do with that

i mean i have image and there is nothing wrong

please tell me what its for

Thx...

Heyy i have the card but there is an external power wire what do i have to do with that

i mean i have image and there is nothing wrong

please tell me what its for

Thx...

could you post an image of the wire? maybe it's the fan connector? :roll:

that is just a 4-pin molex to 6-pin PCI-E connector.
use it in case your PSU does not have a free 6-pin PCI-E connector.

ive bought 2 extra power splitter cables :D

and i no longer get the message that the extra power is not connected

Last edited:
BTW my psu does have a six pin connection but it goes in the motherboard

Could i use that one??

8800gts is better than the 2600xt
the 1950xt isn't dx10, but it's just about as good as the other two.

8800gts 320 mb is the best bang for the buck. if you moniter is 1440x900 or below, 320 mb is the best thing to get. will run this at highest settings, and its dx10.

haha ok thx dav...

thats clear...

one last thing, considering your system is probably kind of "old" (just a guess here), other parts of your PC may bottleneck your 8600GTS and affect your gaming experience. \\:o/

Konami mean
> Pentium 4 3.0GHz /AMD Athlon 64 or better
> 1GB RAM
> 256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI x1600 oder NVidia 6800 GT/GS or better)

This PES will be the last one for my PC, so i think i'll buy a x1650 pro. I hope that this will be enoug to play 1280x1024 in high quality. Otherwise i'll buy a x1950pro but i think this is to much.

I want to play PES 2008 ON HIGHEST SETTINGS.
Right now I have AMD Athlon 64
1 GIG of ram
Geforce FX5500 graphics card

I know I'll need a better card if I want to play on high settings, can anyone recommend a card that will DEFINATELY be able to handle the graphics load for this game?

i run at 1680x1050 with my geforce 8600 gts but you can also take gt
and its running smooth

and i dont have a dual core so the card takes it very well
i think the x1950 is very equal to geforce card

those cards defenitly run it fine and it will cost about the price range between 100 - 150 euro's
could be even cheaper if you find the right internet shop

Thanks for the advice Ilio, I'll bear it in mind. I want my game to look like the dogs danglies.

Konami mean
> Pentium 4 3.0GHz /AMD Athlon 64 or better
> 1GB RAM
> 256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI x1600 oder NVidia 6800 GT/GS or better)

This PES will be the last one for my PC, so i think i'll buy a x1650 pro. I hope that this will be enoug to play 1280x1024 in high quality. Otherwise i'll buy a x1950pro but i think this is to much.

X1650Pro is not too good.
Try X1650XT if you don't want to spend money for X1950. It would be too much for your processor anyway.

X1650 Pro - 4 ROP, 4 TMU, 12PS, 5VS
X1650 XT - 8 ROP, 8 TMU, 24PS, 8VS

Shaders are especialy important in new games.

Back
Top Bottom