I want My Money Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
BURNA/OAKWELL = WHINERS go play your PES6 and stop jumping on people who are actually enjoying PES 2008.

what a pr*ck, u where the biggest moaner on here not so long ago, check your post about your beloved game! Should have known a fowl could'nt take an opinion and in typical piggy style you cant admit it hypocrit!

You slag the game off in a post for ages then updgrade yer pc just to play it and then its wonderful! pmsl what a joke. This is my argument you numpty, not everyone can afford to do this. I am lucky enough to be in a position to play it easy but for people who are running lower spec pcs they have wasted £18

Again and i guess been a wednesday fan you prob cant read or write very well and this pc is in fact your only friend i will try and explain again....not one minute slating the game having a go at the fact that no matter what specs you have its hit and miss if your current pc setup will run it ...is that clear enough hypocrit?

And for all thoses who's comp will run it great really happy for you one of mine runs it really well, but i aint got into it prefer pes6 so why is that a problem????

I posted asking for my money back because i installed the game on a pc that was above the rec specs and it did'nt work i run konami they apologised and said these things are happening and did'nt even try and help just tolded me to sell it!!WTF is that for customer care????i think my argument is in fact a good one based on my actions and konamis actions?

i run konami they apologised and said these things are happening and did'nt even try and help just tolded me to sell it!!WTF is that for customer care????i think my argument is in fact a good one based on my actions and konamis actions?

What did you really expect Konami to do? They arent responsible for the hardware in your computer. They make a good point tbh - if you arent happy and it doesnt run, sell it.

what do you guys expect for £18?

If you dont like it, flog it on ebay.

Why don't you paypal me £18 and I'll send you a box of rocks in return. If you feel short changed, well what do you expect for £18?

Enough of the fanboyism. I've been playing ISS since the SNES in the mid 90s. I know the game, I've played every version in the series, enjoyed PES until now, but to think that you owe some sort of loyalty to a gaming company is lunacy. My guess is that you're barely over 14 years old.

What did you really expect Konami to do? They arent responsible for the hardware in your computer. They make a good point tbh - if you arent happy and it doesnt run, sell it.

selling it for less , that's such a good rip off and a dumb point

oh dear another one ok then what did i expect konami to do???erm maybe give me some kind of support? like try and get my computer configured to run the game? try and shed some light on the matter?

Some People on here really are stupid i mean what type of stupid comment was this? and has for selling the game i put it to them that they buy it back off me for £17 and guess what they declined!!

change yer name to numptyjim mate! it kinda goes with yer reply!

If the game doesn't run at the recommended or minimum specs, then it's Konami that is at fault. They advertised the game as such, and they misrepresented the product to the customer. Quite simply an open and shut case.

My computer can run it, but it's a moot point because the game is shite anyway.

oh dear another one ok then what did i expect konami to do???erm maybe give me some kind of support? like try and get my computer configured to run the game? try and shed some light on the matter?

Some People on here really are stupid i mean what type of stupid comment was this? and has for selling the game i put it to them that they buy it back off me for £17 and guess what they declined!!

change yer name to numptyjim mate! it kinda goes with yer reply!

FFS stop slaggin' people off . Go play PES6 .

FFS stop slaggin' people off . Go play PES6 .

shall i just read posts slating my opinions and put my head in sand like you do with the shit quality of PES2008???no i am a better man than that i have principles

lol yeah they misprinted the min specs .. shouldve been:

pentium duo core or higher
2 gig of ram
geforce 8600 or higher

have u guys tried playing other sports games.. like nba nfl nhl 2008 why dont they need these specs tell me.. and dont tell me theyre not next gen or HD marketing bullshit

cuz i can play all of them on high detail level and they run smooth
so if konami spent a lil more time on the programming..

next time ill download the game somewhere of some warez site and try it for a month .. if i like it ill buy it

but this is just a rip off

Oakwell, if you have to call a game company for support on how to run a game and you say you build comps for a living then no wonder your moaning about losing 18 quid. That must be a weeks wages.

Oakwell, if you have to call a game company for support on how to run a game and you say you build comps for a living then no wonder your moaning about losing 18 quid. That must be a weeks wages.

once again old piggy boy cant read. I rung the company through principle and i dont need to justify myself to a non reading, non writing piggy like you. If all you can do is try and have a go at me because i rung the suppoprt team to complain that there rec specs are way off then it shows how much of a sad little boy you are and the fact that you accept that you are wrong.

Please dont reply to this post anymore as we can all see you are wrong and have lost the debate, why dont you read you old post that you made slating the game as well lol......HYPOCRIT!!

and also i see the time you posted you get up early to try and get the game running properly? lol

I'm very dissapointed reading this thread it appears that some of you refuse to admit there are any problems at all.I know this is a pes site but the fanboyism on here is unbelievable.

Pes offline runs fine on my machine on high setings...

athlon 64 6000+
x1950 pro
4gb ram

But i never bought this game to play offline i bought it to play online and as far as i'm concerned it's a pile of crap and a massive step backwards in an era where online play is supposedly the future.It was only last year Seabass was harping on about 11v11 in the future and then the year after takes away 2v2.

If Konami can't cut it with online play why not just allow others to do it for them.Pes4online was probably the best online pes ever surely konami could have done something similar instead of using a basic console based system online.

I took konami months to sort out pes6 online and overall in the year that it was current i'd say you probably got 7 months where it was stable and playable (approx 3 months after release online was crap and then the final 2 months it returned to it's crappy state).

I quite enjoy the new pes offline although offline play bores me to tears after a while as it's pretty much the same thing every year and i've done it all(not blaming konami for that there's only so much you can do with football).

My only hope is that Konami don't just start thinking we'll sort that out for next year and leave us all (except the fanboys who are quite happy to ignore the lack of support) with a substandard experience.

Before anyone gets on the defending konami bandwagon and says they have no duty to make it online,Yes they do because it says so on the box.I have as much right to expect as good an experience online (ok maybe slightly less)as i do off and that is far far from the truth.

Don't think there's much evidence of Konami fanboys .

Most people would agree the online situation is unsatisfactory and it's down to people like Juce and Robbie with Kitserver that the game is as enjoyable as it is . While it's still way better that FIFA no-one's saying PES2008 is perfect .

But repeating the same moans again and again and slagging off anyone who disagrees doesn't get anyone anywhere .

I'm very dissapointed reading this thread it appears that some of you refuse to admit there are any problems at all.I know this is a pes site but the fanboyism on here is unbelievable.

Pes offline runs fine on my machine on high setings...

athlon 64 6000+
x1950 pro
4gb ram

But i never bought this game to play offline i bought it to play online and as far as i'm concerned it's a pile of crap and a massive step backwards in an era where online play is supposedly the future.It was only last year Seabass was harping on about 11v11 in the future and then the year after takes away 2v2.

If Konami can't cut it with online play why not just allow others to do it for them.Pes4online was probably the best online pes ever surely konami could have done something similar instead of using a basic console based system online.

I took konami months to sort out pes6 online and overall in the year that it was current i'd say you probably got 7 months where it was stable and playable (approx 3 months after release online was crap and then the final 2 months it returned to it's crappy state).

I quite enjoy the new pes offline although offline play bores me to tears after a while as it's pretty much the same thing every year and i've done it all(not blaming konami for that there's only so much you can do with football).

My only hope is that Konami don't just start thinking we'll sort that out for next year and leave us all (except the fanboys who are quite happy to ignore the lack of support) with a substandard experience.

Before anyone gets on the defending konami bandwagon and says they have no duty to make it online,Yes they do because it says so on the box.I have as much right to expect as good an experience online (ok maybe slightly less)as i do off and that is far far from the truth.

good post. All that gets my back is the fact the spoecs on the box are incorrect hence false advertising and the online bit. If the game run perfect as normal on the advertised specs but was crap i dont think there would be as much reaction. Its simply the fact that the specs are wrong and the support is non-existant!

Oakwell, youre right. I did slag the game off when I first got it. It ran like crap and was a big disappointment. But I didnt sit there stomping my feet and holding my breath like a spoiled child cos it wasnt working properly. I certainly didnt call up KONAMI being a spotty little smart arse and asking for my money back. I decided to upgrade my graphics card and memory to see if it made any difference. Now Im not saying everyone can afford to do this, but that was the course of action I chose. It worked. Now Im much happier with how the game plays and Im enjoying it. Maybe PES 2008 wont work for everybody, but thats not my problem and its not KONAMIS problem either. The responsibility lies with the consumer, KONAMI just make the product. If people dont have the correct system specs how can they complain? and if they buy the game and it wont run then surely they either upgrade specs or dont play the game.
Now as you've said (numerous times) Konami have made some great versions of PES over the years and now because they make a leap forward that obviously requires higher specs to play, all of a sudden Konami are crap?
Do you forget the hours of enjoyment you've had from previous versions?
That to me sounds HYPOCRITICAL. It also sounds a little naive that you expect to be able to play the latest games without upgrading certain aspects of your system. Are you also calling to complain to the place where you bought your tv 10 years ago because its not HD compatible? Of course not. Grow up and be an adult. Make your choice. Upgrade or play PES6, but dont act like a bitter kid and slag people off just cos they can run the game without issue. End of chat.

BTW, as for the time of my posts, I live in NYC so there is obviously a time difference. Imagine that, someone living OUTSIDE your closed mind little world.

Oakwell, youre right. I did slag the game off when I first got it. It ran like crap and was a big disappointment. But I didnt sit there stomping my feet and holding my breath like a spoiled child cos it wasnt working properly. I certainly didnt call up KONAMI being a spotty little smart arse and asking for my money back. I decided to upgrade my graphics card and memory to see if it made any difference. Now Im not saying everyone can afford to do this, but that was the course of action I chose. It worked. Now Im much happier with how the game plays and Im enjoying it. Maybe PES 2008 wont work for everybody, but thats not my problem and its not KONAMIS problem either. The responsibility lies with the consumer, KONAMI just make the product. If people dont have the correct system specs how can they complain? and if they buy the game and it wont run then surely they either upgrade specs or dont play the game.
Now as you've said (numerous times) Konami have made some great versions of PES over the years and now because they make a leap forward that obviously requires higher specs to play, all of a sudden Konami are crap?
Do you forget the hours of enjoyment you've had from previous versions?
That to me sounds HYPOCRITICAL. It also sounds a little naive that you expect to be able to play the latest games without upgrading certain aspects of your system. Are you also calling to complain to the place where you bought your tv 10 years ago because its not HD compatible? Of course not. Grow up and be an adult. Make your choice. Upgrade or play PES6, but dont act like a bitter kid and slag people off just cos they can run the game without issue. End of chat.

what a pri*k so ok lets weight up the comment.

I am going to make a computer game and put that it only needs the following specs as the rec running guide ok

1.2ghz processor
512 mb ram
5200 g/card

you buy the game but infact that is no way at all its gunna run the game in fact u need the following to run it

2ghz processor
2 gig ram
7600 graphics card

Ok so you are saying you are at fault for buying the game
and infact not me the creator and distributor of the game??

U are in fact a complete pr*ck i am sorry for getting striaght to the point but you and thank god you pissed off over the pond because you are clearly thick as f**K

Now go get yer doughnuts u idiot

and by the way fowl read the comments again for the tenth time where am i slagging people off cos they run the game ??? iam slagging braindeads off like you who cant admit that the game is sold under false protences and infact the min/rec specs will not run it properly. You really have let the big apple take over your small brain aint u piggy lol

and regarding the HD comment pmsl you really are stupid and the comment about previous specs in the past so its ok to for konami to sell a game that wount run on the rec specs on the box because previous games have run ok

If you buy a car from a garage and the car lasts u 3 years then decide to get another from the same place and it lasts 3 days before the engine blows up, you just gunna leave it in the garage then go buy another are you with no complains becasue the first was good runner?????brains!!!

Last edited:
Are you also calling to complain to the place where you bought your tv 10 years ago because its not HD compatible? Of course not. Grow up and be an adult. Make your choice.

Would you not ring up and complain if your new tv said HD compatible on the box and when you got it out it wasn't? seeing as you made a really stupid example i'll just put the same example back to you.

People are quite willing to forgive pes's flaws we do it every year no-one expects it to be perfect but if people have bought it under the false pretence given to them on the box then they have every right to complain but you have no right to tell them they can't.

Think you may have misread the priginal post mate

No i never i was merely using his incorrect argument in the right context.

Expat seems to ignore the fact people are bitter because what they read on the pes box at the time of purchase is an untruth.

He chose to upgrade to run it (as did i) but the fact still remains people have been mis-sold pes2008.

Think you may have misread the priginal post mate

yes but 10 years ago i would have know my tv would not handle HD

Thats a stupid and incorrect comparison the argument is konami sold a game telling us that the rec specs would run the game when infact they dont on most systems.

Quite clearly he expat keeps putting stupid posts up that are not even a good comparison to the argument.

If my comp was under the rec specs and it did not run and i was aware of it then i would have no complaint because i knew before but my computers all meets/exceed the rec specs and still dont play right thats the argument but hes too thick to read it properly

my god oakwell, maybe a better processer and like what my mate says, he needs another gig and a new gfx card to make his run better.

The rec specs are for medium.

i have a AMD athon 5200+ X2 (duel core)
4 gb ram
8600GTS

works fine on mine.

Also i have seen this "teamvision" in action.

was playing this team all over the park but the ball just wouldnt go in, comes to the 2nd half and the com knows how i play. and in the end it wins 1-0 with yes another fucking dodgy corner

Last edited:
2obuu4

2oxwrg

....the hardware dealers cooperate with Konami....

:roll:

I think is the best PES ever... opinions...

Game running in low detail is awful I admit.. but with a good PC you can smile playing it. No complains here, except the buggy keepers and bad online mode.

agreed. The game is the best PES ever. Most of the people complaining are complaining because it requires a powerful PC.

This game is a piece of shit

I have all the specs needed and it runs well for me .. But I can't find a decent camera angle ... also the constant work we have to put into the game to get it anywhere near licensed is very gay

We can't play online coz of the lag ... And the master league is an absolute joke.... ( champions league groups consisting of four teams from the same country!!, can't switch teams, cant find out if I can buy players so I need to save and load repeatedly,cant choose kits!!,Can't conduct a training session)

Nice things have been removed and were replaced by Diving,Shirt Pulling and cards for every foul!!

SHAME ON YOU KONAMI :(

PS: Oh yeah and what a about the penalty camera angle?...the best ever?

my god oakwell, maybe a better processer and like what my mate says, he needs another gig and a new gfx card to make his run better.

The rec specs are for medium.

i have a AMD athon 5200+ X2 (duel core)
4 gb ram
8600GTS

works fine on mine.

Also i have seen this "teamvision" in action.

was playing this team all over the park but the ball just wouldnt go in, comes to the 2nd half and the com knows how i play. and in the end it wins 1-0 with yes another fucking dodgy corner

the specs i put up arnt my comp specs its a example of what a company can do if they wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom