I want My Money Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is if you feel PES2008 is crap, fair enough - so go back to PES6 and stop moaning .

i hav resorted to playin pes6 again simply cos it runs well better online i.e not restricted to 30fps - low settin as pes2008 is, but the point is i paid £30 an to be honest i only play online so i think its worth moanin about as i dont like bein konnamied, dont get me wrong, the new pes is cool but ffs why not just leave the online like pes6 cos after all it worked well better than this, i just hope they really r gonna sort it out an not just leave the online set at 30fps.

Btw, it´s Nov. 2007 now. Most people have been whining about the poor graphics PES 6 has and now want to play the next gen version with a Nvidia 7600GS! What other games do you play? I have a A64 3200+ and a 7800 GT and it runs fine on high, 1600x900. 2 friends of mine run it fine on 1280x720 with a 7600 GT and the other one with a 8800 GTS 320 MB in 1920x1080.

There will always be problems playing games on a PC. If you can´t handle this, buy a console!

I havent actually seen many of the problems people bitch about.

- Goal Keepers are fine for me, they barely ever make mistakes (in 1 whole season of la liga my keeper made 1 mistake).

- Player animation is 90% excellent, however there does seem to be some skating with the wingers.

- Frames per second issue doesnt exist for me so cant comment

- Its impossible to score "direct" off corners if the opposition keeper is smart and collects the ball in the air.

- Again, i dont concede off corners because i use my keeper properly. Deciding wether or not to go for the ball or leave it is an awesome part of the gameplay and adds alot of depth.

- I agree that the ref sucks, its very biast against the player because the CPU can make perfect slide tackles all the time.

- Defensively, yeah its hard to tackle players. But thats why you have to defend passively.

- Again, lag is a joke, but it'll get fixed dont worry.

Overall i think alot of the gameplay bitching occurs because people don't know how to play the game properly. PES2008 is harder than PES6 (especially defensively).

God almighty yet another post i fully DISagree on. i burst out laughing on the line he said that pes08 is harder then pes6!

that made my day lol

I havent actually seen many of the problems people bitch about.

- Goal Keepers are fine for me, they barely ever make mistakes (in 1 whole season of la liga my keeper made 1 mistake).

- Player animation is 90% excellent, however there does seem to be some skating with the wingers.

- Frames per second issue doesnt exist for me so cant comment

- Its impossible to score "direct" off corners if the opposition keeper is smart and collects the ball in the air.

- Again, i dont concede off corners because i use my keeper properly. Deciding wether or not to go for the ball or leave it is an awesome part of the gameplay and adds alot of depth.

- I agree that the ref sucks, its very biast against the player because the CPU can make perfect slide tackles all the time.

- Defensively, yeah its hard to tackle players. But thats why you have to defend passively.

- Again, lag is a joke, but it'll get fixed dont worry.

Overall i think alot of the gameplay bitching occurs because people don't know how to play the game properly. PES2008 is harder than PES6 (especially defensively).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQ3H7-G6LU

Just try that every time you get a corner....you'll see.

Yeah mate, look, Goalkeepers are fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CBNTsCSO3U

I sometimes wonder if people who say they like the game have actually played it.

Last edited:
LOL...Oakwell just cant help but have a ruck with everyone

no i dont mind peoples opinions and if you notice i only reply back to people that are making stupid comments, you for one are annoying because i have found a post started by you slagging the game off then you defend it!!! your comments are truly appauling because you are trying to say by spending more money on the game it will run ok , but thats the point i am making you should'nt have to?

If people get it working fine thats great good luck to em but i am saying for those that cant for whatever reason then thats crap! they have supported konami and spent there money to get no support back and unfortunatley have wasted there money , not saying the games crap to people that are lucky to run it just dont come on here blaming people for not been able to run it thats konamis fault if the comp meets the min specs!

God almighty yet another post i fully DISagree on. i burst out laughing on the line he said that pes08 is harder then pes6!

that made my day lol

yeah agree i playied it on a comp that run it awful on top level and still won 3-1! just cant get the feeling for it at min so pes6 is back on for me

Btw, it´s Nov. 2007 now. Most people have been whining about the poor graphics PES 6 has and now want to play the next gen version with a Nvidia 7600GS! What other games do you play? I have a A64 3200+ and a 7800 GT and it runs fine on high, 1600x900. 2 friends of mine run it fine on 1280x720 with a 7600 GT and the other one with a 8800 GTS 320 MB in 1920x1080.

There will always be problems playing games on a PC. If you can´t handle this, buy a console!

so why cant konami put on the box "WARNING THIS GAME MAY NOT WORK ON COMPUTERS EVEN IF THEY MEET THE REC SPECS"

Good on you for getting it running thats great but what about others that cant? i know people who have top spec pcs and i meet top spec professionally built for professional gaming and they cant get it to work properly, not disputing that consoles have a more stable game but why cant people be warned!

Required specs arent there to show what you SHOULD have to run a game on high, they are what you MUST have to run it in LOW settings. You must exceed them to get the product running to the full. If you barely touch the minimum specs, the game will run rubbish.

By todays standards, the specs arent high at all anyway. Anyone who doesnt get a core duo and a graphics card made in the last 2 years and more than 1GB of RAM deserves to play it in low.

If you are serious about PC gaming, you upgrade to move with the times.

Burna, that first video is from the DEMO and i'm yet to replicate that same move in the full game. And that second video, i have not seen anything like that. And yes i have played this game. Completed La Liga, "EPL", and Serie A, and International Cup. If you could post videos of you doing it perfectly everytime than please do; otherwise you dont have any real proof that these gameplay bugs exist as the majority of people have not seen this shit.

I seriously wonder if you actually play this game dude or your just unlucky with bugs. The only stupid thing i've seen so far in the entire game is the goal keeper threw the ball into the back of the opposition player and it rebounded for a goal(which was halarious).

Burna, that first video is from the DEMO and i'm yet to replicate that same move in the full game. And that second video, i have not seen anything like that. And yes i have played this game. Completed La Liga, "EPL", and Serie A, and International Cup. If you could post videos of you doing it perfectly everytime than please do; otherwise you dont have any real proof that these gameplay bugs exist as the majority of people have not seen this shit.

I seriously wonder if you actually play this game dude or your just unlucky with bugs. The only stupid thing i've seen so far in the entire game is the goal keeper threw the ball into the back of the opposition player and it rebounded for a goal(which was halarious).

OK mate...youre on....I get LOADS of keeper own goals from direct corners. I'll start saving them again just to prove to you.

True i dont't play this game much now....cos it's shit. But i don't want to be be called a liar so watch this space for some more PES2008 keeper action!!!

Just for you Sardukar!!!!!! Heres my latest corner!!!! From the FULL GAME!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSeEP8SIlFE

Last edited:
Required specs arent there to show what you SHOULD have to run a game on high, they are what you MUST have to run it in LOW settings. You must exceed them to get the product running to the full. If you barely touch the minimum specs, the game will run rubbish.

By todays standards, the specs arent high at all anyway. Anyone who doesnt get a core duo and a graphics card made in the last 2 years and more than 1GB of RAM deserves to play it in low.

If you are serious about PC gaming, you upgrade to move with the times.

once again another thicko that dont read the posts!!!FFS how many more times do i have to say about the comp specs i had tested this game on 3 machines one low specs one medium and one made especially for professional gaming and the one that run at i would say 85-90% was the middle of the road machine even the top spec machine had probelms with it i am getting bored now with all this "get your comp updated crap" I HAVE FECKING DONE THAT AND IT IS STILL RUNNING LIKE A 1 LEGGED CAMEL!!

can confirm that corner thingy with the own goals happened twice in one of my games keeper knocked it in straight from corner and keeper blubbered at ball hit def and another own goal won 2-1!

Classy game pmsl

and who are you to stop me is this not a forum for opinions? just cos u dont agree you dont need to reply to it do you? off you go and play on your thrown together game and stop moaning yourself

I wouldn't want to stop you expressing your opinion .

Just please stop repeating the same rant every 2 minutes . No-one's saying the game's perfect but if you've got a decent rig and apply Kitserver 7 it's still way ahead of FIFA08 .

Konami , like many game developers, aren't responsive enough to criticism and the online situation is a farce which needs to get better quickly . But over the years the PES series has always depended on improvements made by the gaming community rather than Konami and doubtless it will be the same this time .

There's no point in calling people idiots because they've got the game to work OK and are enjoying it .

I wouldn't want to stop you expressing your opinion .

Just please stop repeating the same rant every 2 minutes . No-one's saying the game's perfect but if you've got a decent rig and apply Kitserver 7 it's still way ahead of FIFA08 .

Konami , like many game developers, aren't responsive enough to criticism and the online situation is a farce which needs to get better quickly . But over the years the PES series has always depended on improvements made by the gaming community rather than Konami and doubtless it will be the same this time .

There's no point in calling people idiots because they've got the game to work OK and are enjoying it .

i keep repeating my same rant because no-one that bigs up pes2008 is getting my point!! glad you got the game to work but you alot of people on here just think second rate game creation is acceptable because it has a brand on it! anyhow if i come across wrong i apologise but just cant see how anyone can defend this game with a ll the bugs in it

once again another thicko that dont read the posts!!!FFS how many more times do i have to say about the comp specs i had tested this game on 3 machines one low specs one medium and one made especially for professional gaming and the one that run at i would say 85-90% was the middle of the road machine even the top spec machine had probelms with it i am getting bored now with all this "get your comp updated crap" I HAVE FECKING DONE THAT AND IT IS STILL RUNNING LIKE A 1 LEGGED CAMEL!!

Just out of interest, what were the specs of the 3 PC's?

spec 1 3000+ amd athlon 1 gig ram 7600gs card
spec 2 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2GB ram 512MB Nvidia 8600GT Graphics Card
spec 3 ntel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU 4GB ran 768MB Nvidia 8800GTX Graphics Dual VGA

Spec 2 run it best

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Sorry.....but thats just too funny.

Have you noticed the bad player animation?
Have you noticed the skating players?
Have you noticed the concrete ball that flies at 100mph on crosses?
Have you noticed the TERRIBLE frames per second issues?
Have you noticed the Goalkeepers who score LOADS of own goals?
Have you noticed the ref gives free kicks for collisions TOO OFTEN?
Have you noticed the ref books players for perfect sliding tackles TOO OFTEN?
Have you noticed the top balanced players are now EVEN MORE un-tackleable?
Have you noticed your average players with red condition arrows being unstoppable? (i ran past an entire team with Riise on professional level, cos he was on a red)
Have you noticed the Home side plays in their away kit, sometimes leaving ALL players wearing the same colour?
Have you noticed the amount of goals you concede off corners?
Have you noticed the amount of goals you can score DIRECT off corners?
Have you noticed the online lag?
Have you noticed the lack of communication online?
Have you noticed the lack of options online?
Have you noticed theres no 2v2 online? (Biggest mistake of all)
Have you noticed that "Teamvision" doesn't exist and was purely a fabrication to sell the game?
Have you noticed the game was VASTLY undertested before release?

Have you noticed KONAMI have taken your money and don't care about what you have spent it on?

Now i can run the game on high settings and top resolution, the grahics textures are an improvment but the game itself is a BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE, MONSTEROUS, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC, IMMENSE......RIP OFF!!!

I've been playing since ISS, so i know all about this game and what they've given us over the last 10 years or so.

The only thing i can say i'm impressed with is the fact that the replays are longer, showing more build up play.

PES6 is still the one for me, i hope they keep the server open.

Have you noticed you moan alot??

If so, then read this (and all other whiners) ;)

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1171219&postcount=15

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.

Have you noticed you moan alot??

If so, then read this (and all other whiners) ;)

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1171219&postcount=15

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.

Out of order Ajay.

Owners of this game have a perfect right to moan a lot.

Konami have raked in MILLIONS form people buying this sub-standard game. We have been ripped off.

I am all in favour of having a few threads concerning this mess of a game as there are SO MANY flaws and it MAY even force Konami to look after their customers more, they'd be silly to ignore a site like this. Theres not THAT many threads, some silly sites have idiots posting hundreds new threads a day on the same subject. I don't think thats the case here. Posts like yours don't help, you won't change people's minds just by arrogantly pointing to another thread, that's being patronising. You're more likely to turn the thread into a slanging match by calling people names.

I am NOT a whiner so please do not call me one again.

Just because you do a lot of editing requests, sign all your posts and have a pointless 'Quote of the day' DOES NOT make you the Evo-web police OR a moderator of this site. I'm sure the mods are just as disappointed with the game as the rest of us and can quite happily close threads that they don't believe are useful.

Regards,

BURNA

Quote of the day

Free world, free country, free speech. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited:
BURNA/OAKWELL = WHINERS go play your PES6 and stop jumping on people who are actually enjoying PES 2008.

BURNA/OAKWELL = WHINERS go play your PES6 and stop jumping on people who are actually enjoying PES 2008.

I'm jumping on nobody. Just pointing out FACTS. It's people like you calling others names like children.

Go and call someone else names.

I'm jumping on nobody. Just pointing out FACTS. It's people like you calling others names like children.

Go and call someone else names.

You go on about freedom of speech and then say that you are talking "FACTS"?

Bit hypocritical, dont you think?

imo this game is good, its a new challenge for me.

however i have 1 problem, the fact that soft penalties are given. 2 occasions in 1 game tonight against my brother he used the pressure button and somehow gave 2 penalties to me. quite ridiculous.

the game is good though, i think some things might be out of balance but thats up to this community to edit it and make it better. graphics are nice on native resolution.

i'll still play it when i have free time, its definetally worth keeping.

I also want my money back, its a waste of money, €40,- thrown in the air. I bought this game to play online, but it seems konami doesnt care about the people, they want to earn money without doing shit!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I cant say ill be wanting my money back to be honest. Game runs smooth as anything no slowdowns (apart from replays.) Keepers are "ok" not the best but what pro evo has had good keepers? lol. Ive not seen the corner thing on my game before keepers always collect or defender heads away (Played 2 season in ML)

BUT
to get this smooth gameplay im playing on a new system I built yesterday,
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+ (2.6ghz)
Nvidia 8600gt (XFX)
2 GIG RAM (Very crap too, upgrading to 800mhz RAM next week)
I play in 1280*1024, High settings and V-sync.

Had the stutter on my old system though - (even on medium)
Pentium 4
8600gt
2 GIG RAM (Same used in new system)

Both run Vista Ultimate. (32 bit)

So yeah 2008 has problems but since playing on my new system (without slowdowns etc) ive loved PES 2008 even more.

Dont play online waiting for the LAG issue to be sorted.

:mrgreen:

I dont understand how everyone is getting stuttering. I run on high with Kitserver on 0.10 Level of Detail so its just reduced the grass view distance, and I get a solid 60 fps.

I run it on a

Radeon X1650 512mb
1.5gb RAM
2.8ghz P4 (rubbish!)

I really dont get why some better machines are struggling.

Out of order Ajay.

Owners of this game have a perfect right to moan a lot.

Konami have raked in MILLIONS form people buying this sub-standard game. We have been ripped off.

I am all in favour of having a few threads concerning this mess of a game as there are SO MANY flaws and it MAY even force Konami to look after their customers more, they'd be silly to ignore a site like this. Theres not THAT many threads, some silly sites have idiots posting hundreds new threads a day on the same subject. I don't think thats the case here. Posts like yours don't help, you won't change people's minds just by arrogantly pointing to another thread, that's being patronising. You're more likely to turn the thread into a slanging match by calling people names.

I am NOT a whiner so please do not call me one again.

Just because you do a lot of editing requests, sign all your posts and have a pointless 'Quote of the day' DOES NOT make you the Evo-web police OR a moderator of this site. I'm sure the mods are just as disappointed with the game as the rest of us and can quite happily close threads that they don't believe are useful.

Regards,

BURNA

Quote of the day

Free world, free country, free speech. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I am flattered that you wish to emulate me :lmao: From a neutral point of view, read all the posts you made lately, what would you label yourself as??? I let you ponder on that.

Have I asked to stop posting?? Nope, I've just asked you to use the relevant thread which is already stickied! Its not Rocket Science. I never claim to be a mod/police or whatever you perceive me as. Anyhow I know when it is time to end my contribution on this thread, I've already said more than enough :)

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all of your time.

Last edited:
You go on about freedom of speech and then say that you are talking "FACTS"?

Bit hypocritical, dont you think?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Look up hypocritical in the dictionary. You can still have freedom of speech AND talk about facts.

Last edited:
:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Sorry.....but thats just too funny.

Have you noticed the bad player animation?
Have you noticed the skating players?
Have you noticed the concrete ball that flies at 100mph on crosses?
Have you noticed the TERRIBLE frames per second issues?
Have you noticed the Goalkeepers who score LOADS of own goals?
Have you noticed the ref gives free kicks for collisions TOO OFTEN?
Have you noticed the ref books players for perfect sliding tackles TOO OFTEN?
Have you noticed the top balanced players are now EVEN MORE un-tackleable?
Have you noticed your average players with red condition arrows being unstoppable? (i ran past an entire team with Riise on professional level, cos he was on a red)
Have you noticed the Home side plays in their away kit, sometimes leaving ALL players wearing the same colour?
Have you noticed the amount of goals you concede off corners?
Have you noticed the amount of goals you can score DIRECT off corners?
Have you noticed the online lag?
Have you noticed the lack of communication online?
Have you noticed the lack of options online?
Have you noticed theres no 2v2 online? (Biggest mistake of all)
Have you noticed that "Teamvision" doesn't exist and was purely a fabrication to sell the game?
Have you noticed the game was VASTLY undertested before release?

Have you noticed KONAMI have taken your money and don't care about what you have spent it on?

Now i can run the game on high settings and top resolution, the grahics textures are an improvment but the game itself is a BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE, MONSTEROUS, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC, IMMENSE......RIP OFF!!!

I've been playing since ISS, so i know all about this game and what they've given us over the last 10 years or so.

The only thing i can say i'm impressed with is the fact that the replays are longer, showing more build up play.

PES6 is still the one for me, i hope they keep the server open.

Well, you could be... Spartan (speaking with few words, but direct on the point!), not writting so much and... just say:

THAT GAME SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom