I want My Money Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakwell

Conference
6 January 2007
ok after a week or so of playing this pathetic attempt at a game and after years of amazing gaming from pes i am offically well and truely gutted about this game. I payed for a game than imo my specs said would run it fine and after much tinkering and messing around it simply dont work!

I contact play,com where i bought the game to vent my frustraion and the just said once its opened i have no comeback, but imo i bought a game that does not run properly!! if i bought a car that did'nt run properly i would take it back to get repaired but no konami cant even be bothered to reply to my email after 6 days with an answer so my question is how do i get my money back for a game that imo is been sold under false pretences?

The specs on the back should say this game may not work on all pcs even if you meet the rec specs so please THINK before you buy..

Harsh but i am really feeling raped at the minute by konami!

i agree,my specs far out weigh the recommended yet i lag and freeze constantly.

also my game disconnects constantly in online matchs making me lose every match,even tho i have never actually gone behind in any match i have played!

yeah man same here lets boycott this game and go back to pes 6 with the latest option file .. better yet lets send them as many emails as we can with our complaints

I think is the best PES ever... opinions...

Game running in low detail is awful I admit.. but with a good PC you can smile playing it. No complains here, except the buggy keepers and bad online mode.

I agree with Emanuel. Granted, you need a pretty good system to play it but if you can get it running smoothly on HIGH (like I do) it really is a fantastic improvement over PES6 (which was great)
The game flows beautifully and you can play some great balls all over the pitch. If you want to go back to PES6 then go ahead, but I'll definetely be sticking to PES 2008, in my opinion, the best football game made to date.

I agree with Emanuel. Granted, you need a pretty good system to play it but if you can get it running smoothly on HIGH (like I do) it really is a fantastic improvement over PES6 (which was great)
The game flows beautifully and you can play some great balls all over the pitch. If you want to go back to PES6 then go ahead, but I'll definetely be sticking to PES 2008, in my opinion, the best football game made to date.

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Sorry.....but thats just too funny.

Have you noticed the bad player animation?
Have you noticed the skating players?
Have you noticed the concrete ball that flies at 100mph on crosses?
Have you noticed the TERRIBLE frames per second issues?
Have you noticed the Goalkeepers who score LOADS of own goals?
Have you noticed the ref gives free kicks for collisions TOO OFTEN?
Have you noticed the ref books players for perfect sliding tackles TOO OFTEN?
Have you noticed the top balanced players are now EVEN MORE un-tackleable?
Have you noticed your average players with red condition arrows being unstoppable? (i ran past an entire team with Riise on professional level, cos he was on a red)
Have you noticed the Home side plays in their away kit, sometimes leaving ALL players wearing the same colour?
Have you noticed the amount of goals you concede off corners?
Have you noticed the amount of goals you can score DIRECT off corners?
Have you noticed the online lag?
Have you noticed the lack of communication online?
Have you noticed the lack of options online?
Have you noticed theres no 2v2 online? (Biggest mistake of all)
Have you noticed that "Teamvision" doesn't exist and was purely a fabrication to sell the game?
Have you noticed the game was VASTLY undertested before release?

Have you noticed KONAMI have taken your money and don't care about what you have spent it on?

Now i can run the game on high settings and top resolution, the grahics textures are an improvment but the game itself is a BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE, MONSTEROUS, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC, IMMENSE......RIP OFF!!!

I've been playing since ISS, so i know all about this game and what they've given us over the last 10 years or so.

The only thing i can say i'm impressed with is the fact that the replays are longer, showing more build up play.

PES6 is still the one for me, i hope they keep the server open.

Last edited:
i personaly play it caus' as usual it's impossible for me to go back to a previous version after a new PES.

BUT I agree with ALL of the above !! and it does sometimes totally ruins a match.

Please dont tell me your 8 years old

what do you guys expect for £18?

If you dont like it, flog it on ebay.

are you thick?....i expect a game that i paid for that works? dont care if it was a fiver or 50 quid it does'nt do what it says on the box full stop!

Think you are all being far too harsh on the game. Sure its not perfect. Sure the refs are a bit aratic. But graphically this game is a beast. Once the online issues are fixed this games going to get better.

Think you are all being far too harsh on the game. Sure its not perfect. Sure the refs are a bit aratic. But graphically this game is a beast. Once the online issues are fixed this games going to get better.

Texture-wise, the graphics are good yeah, but the animations and framerate come into graphics, it's all visual related. Improvment on textures doesn't make this game acceptable in my opinion.

theres just way too many things they've gone backwards on.

As for online, PES6 is a right laugh cos of all the banter you can have, none of that in PES2008.
Even if they do fix the lag and framerate issues, there'll be severely limited communication and you'll end up playing the same old Inter and Barca whores......Boring.

I'm sure there are people expecting HUGE changes with the release of patches...this aint gonna happen.....not very soon, if at all. Konami will just have to take a kick in the bollocks for this one, accept the criticism and do better next time to gain their football simulation reputation back.

All while they count their money of course......

Last edited:
After all these years of great football, they lost there touch I dont think its the same team that they had before who made this game :( its just missing alot

are you thick?....i expect a game that i paid for that works? dont care if it was a fiver or 50 quid it does'nt do what it says on the box full stop!

No I am not thick. The game does work, even on the minimum spec PC, granted it is not as pleasurable an experience as on a higher end PC.

I recently upgraded my PC and the difference is night and day, in fact I am quite enjoying it. I just hope the patch for online works.

I think there is a definite split between people who are just enjoying the
game for what it is, and others that cannot accept the slowdowns on replays
etc.

What is your PC spec?

BTW, if you bought a car that didn't run properly you would need to pay to get it fixed and would be much worse off than £18. That was my main point.

Cheers
Shooto

i just rung the konami team up and told them that i have been raped of 18 quid for a game that has false information on the bakc gave them all the info of my pc and what the problems could be the rply i got back was "oh it could be anything"..ok yes exactly mr konami representative so lets sort it yes?.."NO" cos i dont know anything about the technical issues????ok then so get me someone that does??...erm u need to send an email!...erm ok then so what happensed to the one i sent a week ago? "dont know he replied"...they are a joke! absolute joke then i said so what are my options?...wwait for a reply for tech help or sell it second hand he said!...i give up and am gunna take it further people get sent down for rapr and so should these rip off merchants!

No I am not thick. The game does work, even on the minimum spec PC, granted it is not as pleasurable an experience as on a higher end PC.

I recently upgraded my PC and the difference is night and day, in fact I am quite enjoying it. I just hope the patch for online works.

I think there is a definite split between people who are just enjoying the
game for what it is, and others that cannot accept the slowdowns on replays
etc.

What is your PC spec?

BTW, if you bought a car that didn't run properly you would need to pay to get it fixed and would be much worse off than £18. That was my main point.

Cheers
Shooto

ok then you buy a car from a reputable dealer and they tell you it has 5 gears, then you buy the car from this information and when you get in it only has 4? would you be happy and also you bought it as colour red, buts its pink with yellow spots would you be happy??? i cant accept your points i'm afriad about accepting the slow downs etc it just dont wash with me i am afraid.. i wount stick my head in the sand and accept that konami have made a game that is not stable and 99% of the time wount work!

Sorry but my opinion if you like paying for second rate merchandise thats fine with me but i dont

And also ths support for the game is awful!

My pc specs are

1gig ram
amd athlon 3000+ processor
Graphic 7600GS 256mb

and i called them before i bought the game they advised it will be fine!

Last edited:
WOW, youre such an expert...you really do know it all dont you? Then may I suggest in youre infinite wisdom you go and make your own football video game. Im sure with your skill and knowledge it will be a smash hit, a perfect simulation of the beautiful game.Then, when you have spent years of effort making it, you can come here so idiots like you can tell you how crap it is. Grow up sonny, different strokes for different folks. I like it so I will play it. You dont so you wont...thats fine. And as for the 8 year old comment..Im 36, a little more experienced than you, Im sure.

BTW, stop whining about the specs...if it dont work, upgrade your pc..stop trying to run the game on crap systems.Im sure Mom and Dad will help you.

I understand your point of view guys, and I respect it, but I think it´s all about playing it more and more.. and you´re gonna like it. yes, some animations are really poor, but now I´m used to it and actually I enjoy playing this game. I like the build up play, I love the shots/crosses, the tactic movements along the pitch. Finally players run to free spaces without ball, sometimes you don´t even need :l1: + :x: to make them run. I think the whole game is an improvement.. I wasn´t expecting much from a 1st next gen version. Give them time and play PES 2008 until PES 2009 is out. Stills better than FIFA to me...

If I want real real mega sup realistic football, I pick a football ball and I play outside with my friends.

Guys...for gods sake buy a new graphics card. Or if your paper round money wont stretch that far, play PES6.I really dont care if you play an old version of the game or not. Konami dont care either, you still paid them for it.By the time PES 2009 comes out the version you are playing will be 2 years old.I wonder if the servers will still be open so alll of the cut back merchants can continue to cheat. Not to mention the laggers. Now I'll admit that online PES 2008 SUCKS ASS...BUT THEN AGAIN,so did PES 6 because people would cheat and ruin it.

right first of all before you strt been clever i am 30 so less of the old crappy 8 yr old comments, secondly it has nothing to do with the specs i know of least 7 other people with top rate pcs that also have problems. its not that i dont like the game its the fact it aint stble and if you knew anything about life in general expat (the owl gave it away that u are not very bright) you will notice i aint slating the quality of the game , i have never doubted the quality of the games i am doubting the stablility of the game. Been and tested the game on a top spec pc today and guess what runs like crap???

Now i dont want to upset u all out there who basically have there heads up konamis arses, but just because your games run ok, then is this ok for other people to be ripped off?

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Sorry.....but thats just too funny.

Have you noticed the bad player animation?
Have you noticed the skating players?
Have you noticed the concrete ball that flies at 100mph on crosses?
Have you noticed the TERRIBLE frames per second issues?
Have you noticed the Goalkeepers who score LOADS of own goals?
Have you noticed the ref gives free kicks for collisions TOO OFTEN?
Have you noticed the ref books players for perfect sliding tackles TOO OFTEN?
Have you noticed the top balanced players are now EVEN MORE un-tackleable?
Have you noticed your average players with red condition arrows being unstoppable? (i ran past an entire team with Riise on professional level, cos he was on a red)
Have you noticed the Home side plays in their away kit, sometimes leaving ALL players wearing the same colour?
Have you noticed the amount of goals you concede off corners?
Have you noticed the amount of goals you can score DIRECT off corners?
Have you noticed the online lag?
Have you noticed the lack of communication online?
Have you noticed the lack of options online?
Have you noticed theres no 2v2 online? (Biggest mistake of all)
Have you noticed that "Teamvision" doesn't exist and was purely a fabrication to sell the game?
Have you noticed the game was VASTLY undertested before release?

Have you noticed KONAMI have taken your money and don't care about what you have spent it on?

Now i can run the game on high settings and top resolution, the grahics textures are an improvment but the game itself is a BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE, MONSTEROUS, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC, IMMENSE......RIP OFF!!!

I've been playing since ISS, so i know all about this game and what they've given us over the last 10 years or so.

The only thing i can say i'm impressed with is the fact that the replays are longer, showing more build up play.

PES6 is still the one for me, i hope they keep the server open.

best post on this thread by far!

My main gripe is they dont give a crap about us now we have it and they basically admitted that i have been ripped off with there comments on the phone

all of FPS Problesms are Because of Goddamn Crowds ... We Don't Want 3D Crowds ... We Want Smooth Gameplay ... But Konami never understands ... Cuz they're Shit-Minded ...

My PC is far from "super", but still runs this game on High with 4X AA, and I get excellent framerates.

You cant have a go at Konami for releasing a game that tries to take advantage of higher spec PC's. If you arent prepared to upgrade your PC why not go out and buy a PS3 or whatever. The game lagged in the retail release becuase of a Konami bug. Everybodys did. But the patch fixed that for me and everyone I know, and the game now runs brilliantly.

In offline mode, laggy framerates and slowdowns have nothing to do with Konami if you have applied the 1.1 patch. Stop whining, cash the game back in if you want, and upgrade your graphics card with the profits.

Don't know why i am even arseing myself to reply but. Maybe next time you will be a little smarter and buy from a shop which takes back its receipts. Even you may have played it once thought it was shit scratched the disk then complained about the scratch thus gaining your money back.

But i think you are just being a bit ignorant it laying everything at Konami's door.

Name me a flawless game and i will give you your money back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom