Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica

This VG+ Website do they just ship and all you pay is the price of the game or surely you have to pay some delivery ?

Also does it work just by just putting the game straight in the PS3 or do you have do something rather special to get it to work ?

Course you have to pay postage :LOL: What you like!?

Its about £6 postage, game is now £37ish, so still not too bad...

Gamestop have started letting you order stuff again as well. I should have this on Saturday if all goes well.

Sorry I have been lifting heavy materials today my heads gone to a mash

And itll work straight with the PS3 ?

Yea defo - only thing you need to remember is that DLC has to be from the country of the game (normally), so if you get an NTSC game, PAL DLC wont work - you have to get stuff from the US Store.

I've ordered Rockband 1, Rockband 2 and MLB The Show 08 from VC+ - all work fine.

Niceone that sounds good I might have to try it

Also I wonder what we have to do about getting a 2nd kick pedal

If you are struggling with the step from Easy to Medium, the last thing you want to worry about is Extreme+ :LOL:

Not to worry then I thought maybe the kick pedal might have worked on other difficulties!

Im finding it ok on Medium now! cant see me getting used to that orange button though!

How long do VG+ take to deliver and if a game is region free will the DLC work?

5-7 days (mine shipped yesterday).

DLC will have to be from the games original (i.e. US), but I dont think any DLC works with GH Metallica (maybe the Death Magnetic, but nothing else).

It didnt for Aerosmith did it?

DM works, i just remembered that you can do your own drumming on songs too.

Can you?! How does that work???

====

wikipedia said:
...In the new "Drum Over" mode for this game, players can select any song, and play drums without any fixed drum track or without any failure, allowing them to create their own drum line using the song's existing drum kit sounds...

Awesome! :ROCK: I am getting on well teaching myself 'Sad But True' on a real kit, so I can try that in the game too!

Last edited:

So if I order this from say gamestop and get it imported my DLC of Death Magnetic should work ?

Pretty sure (but not 100%) that on the PS3, the DLC will not work if your DLC is from USA, but the 360 is totally region free - i.e. US game will work on your PAL 360 with UK DLC...

Bro ordered this last week from gamestop it turned uo today with a free bass pedal. Not bad seeing as it came out yesterday.

Bro ordered this last week from gamestop it turned uo today with a free bass pedal. Not bad seeing as it came out yesterday.

Holy cow, thats great!

Didnt think of Gamestop (got my first rockband from there)... and the bass pedal is exclusive to them I think?

Nice one! Hopefully VG+ wont be too far behind...

They did stop posting to the UK for some reason but they are doing it again now. Must say though it looks brill.

Wow what can i say best start to any GH game, it has the band walking on to the intro music then goes straight into bells followed by unforgiven then you start story mode as a band touring with them. The Stages so far look cool with the justice tour and everything falling apart, and the songs from S&M the orchestra come out from the back. It's not hard to unlock songs and there are some cool live vids on as well as some funny mo-cap outtakes.

Oh and my DLC works.

Ha! Aren't we!?

Its so cool - best GH yet (obviously if you like Metallica). Its so much more interactive - I guess as they could mo-cap the actual songs, rather than just generic moves that dont always fit the songs like in other GH games.

Did a 3 song guitar set (No Excuses, Sad But True, Wherever I May Roam) and they were excellent. No Excuses was on the easy side, SBT was fun and WIMR was more of a challenge, but great fun.

Then played SBT and NO on the drums and both were superbly charted. I'm learning SBT for real and even on 'hard' its charted as I've been learning it (within the limitations of being one pad short on the GHWT kit).

Got about 5-6 trophies already too! :LOL:

Great game, cannot wait to get back on it later and do some vocal/guitaring...

Where did you order it from, pboreham?

Videogamesplus.ca - shipped Thursday, so its really good going to get it today. Cost £42 all in.

====

The start of the career is one of the best experiences I've had with a video game. As Jay says, starts with the familiar Metallica live show intro music and you seen them walking on in slo-mo, then after some pyro's, "For Whom The Bell Tolls" kicks in!!!

Superb, was grinning like a big bastard!

Rest of the career mode falls back into "GH by numbers" after that... dont think I'll bother too much with the career mode as all the songs are unlocked and I dont care for most of the non-Metallica songs, pretty tedious playing through them all.

Mine got Dispatched Monday from Videogamesplus.ca so who knows then ill get mine

Cant wait though

Back
Top Bottom