Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero : World Tour

ah see Shopto had it pre-oreder for March, then it changed

Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica

Ok PB you could do what me and Joe did i gave him the code off my new guitar that i did that warranty thing for and if any of my two guitars break he has agreed to send me his code.

Ive ended up ordering World Tour with the guitar for £54.99 from Amazon as soon as I saw the free next day delivery it convinced me!

Ill have to get some practice on Death Magnetic now

Demo on the 360 store!

Four songs in the demo apparently:

1. No Excuses - Alice In Chains
2. Sad But True - Metallica
3. Seek & Destroy - Metallica
4. Stone Cold Crazy - Queen

Wow! Its superb!

Could only do the singing as I have all the kit for the PS3, but the mic works on both consoles.

Nice presentation etc, which is fine. Did 'No Excuses' first, which (apart from a slightly changed score layout and some new effects) was pretty much GHWT with standard (random) musicians.

But wow... wait till you see 'Sad But True' in motion.

Firstly, the models are superb... all the mo-cap stuff is spot on - lots of actions and little touches (like toward the end of SBT, it goes quiet before kicking in again and the camera points at James who does a 'Ssshhh' before playing on... and James does all the fist-pumping between each strum in certain parts of the song. Lars leans back when hitting the snare etc - just spot on!).

But when the song hits loud beats, the whole screen shakes - its just quality and really sucks you into the atmosphere. Like the new 'steadycam' shots on stage that show you more of the action up close.

I was looking forward to this, but half expecting GHWT with some new songs and a Metallica skin, but they've done the business and now I cannot wait to get stuck in!

That sounds amazing!

I did hear that James and Lars did the motions for every song in the game, so every song will be indeed different to "look" at

I cant wait, I wish the demo was out for PS!

Is it business as usual with stupidly hard overcharted shite on the tracks?

Is it business as usual with stupidly hard overcharted shite on the tracks?

Sounds like you've made your mind up! :LOL:

Tested this again on the 360 yesterday and the Lips wireless mics work with the game (apparantly this is the first GH/RB game that does) in case anyone is interested...

It's just that the GH games are always over charted to the point where expert just isn't fun for me. I like a challenge but I like to at least have fun and feel like I stand a chance at completing the song. There will be a sequence where the same note is played quickly 3 times - in rockband you get the same note 3 times, in GH you for some reason get a red blue yellow combo in quick succession.

Yea, know what you mean - and ironically, the Metallica songs (on GHWT) were really annoyingly hard (for me) to the point of putting me off.

I'm looking forward more to drum and vocals in GH:M though - not had chance to see the charts yet though, so cannot comment on the over charting...

Interesting that the LIPS mics work on Metallica, wonder if that means Activision will be planning on patching World Tour...that would make me happy!

Will check out demo, can't believe some of you crazy f*ckers can rip through on expert, seems impossible to me!

I dont see the difficulty setting a problem to be honest. Ill admit im not great at this game Im just making the step from Easy to Medium!

Im really wanting the drums though now after borrowing a mates. Why dont they sell them seperate!

I dont see the difficulty setting a problem to be honest. Ill admit im not great at this game Im just making the step from Easy to Medium!

Im really wanting the drums though now after borrowing a mates. Why dont they sell them seperate!

Yea, try playing Hard/Expert chap!!! Becomes an excercise in frustration as the notes are all over the show.

I can clear a lot of songs on Expert guitar, but the Metallica ones are mental in places.

Can clear more drum songs on Expert now, but dont think I'll be able to touch these either - probably Hard if I'm lucky - I've seen vids for Extreme+ and that is just something else!

This VG+ Website do they just ship and all you pay is the price of the game or surely you have to pay some delivery ?

Also does it work just by just putting the game straight in the PS3 or do you have do something rather special to get it to work ?

Just put it right in your PS3, and it works. Ordered MLB 09 The Show from Canada and it worked fine.

By the way. It's region free on X360. Ordered it from Gamehubs yesterday. :)

Back
Top Bottom