GTA V

So what's the verdict on online? I've finished the single player story, am considering testing the waters of online, but I've heard really mixed things. I'm not much of an online player but I'm intrigued.

Any tips/thoughts?

Just played online for the first time, the people who always crush you with their cars are annoying, but overall a decent first impression. Reckon it's loads of fun with friends though.

So what's the verdict on online? I've finished the single player story, am considering testing the waters of online, but I've heard really mixed things. I'm not much of an online player but I'm intrigued.

Any tips/thoughts?

I'm about done with it.

It's gone from an exciting prospect to basically grinding for cash with rocks tar doing as much as they can to limit what you can earn to push you into buying their micro transaction cash packs.

Now mission pay has severely been reduced, you get half that for repeating a mission (of which you will LOTS as it just throws the same fetch quests at you over and over) and if you team up, you get half if you fail to be the person who delivers the package/parks the vehicle etc.

Online missions should be set up so there is a set cash payout upon completion. If you finish it with other players then the total would be split equally (or as close to as possible). If you do it alone, it will be harder... But you get the full payout yourself.

I don't see any logic in giving the player that the game decides finished the mission the full amount and everyone else regardless of their contribution half. some tit can hang back, wait for you to die and then kill the last enemy, park the car and get double the cash you do.

But then, there isn't really much to do or aim towards in the game already. Maybe if there were more missions that required you into buying certain things like maybe you need to buy some guns and then deliver them to lester so he can make them untraceable and then are that you need to buy 3 identical cars and then use these in a mission.... You could use your crew to combine resources and do this.

Like in the trailer where it showed a helicopter blocking a security van and some masked rider threw c4 on the back blowing the doors open. Looked cool, but you will NEVER do that. Mainly because the cash gained from such an elaborate plan is a piss drop in the ocean.

Crews are severly underused. apart from having a clan tag and badge, there's not really a point for crews. You can't even share a crew safe house. It should have been set up so the leader buys the house and then can buy upgrades like CCTV or a mechanic or furnishings or a heist planning room. So they have things to spend and it's encourages them to grind for cash.
Then the middle men could be the guys who have access to unique vehicles and weapons meaning there a point to the crew hierarchy and bring in a group.

Each member should feel part of a team. Instead it's just a free for all with no goals. It really is poor.

I'm highly tempted to trade this in while it's still got value and then pick it up in a few months IF it's improved. It just seems to be getting worse.

I don't get why people are moaning about the cash being halved and joining that with that assumption that its because they want people to buy cash packs. Isn't it better that its harder to get money? If you can get money easily then have the best house and a full garage with best cars fully modded what else is there to aim for in the free roaming part of the game?

Crews are pretty pointless though as you can just gather your mates and do the same thing without the hassle of sorting the crews out because there is very little benefit from it, unless it makes a difference when the hiest's come out.

Also blocking a armoured truck and throwing a sticky on it is far from a elaborate plan and is a nice way to earn 6-10k

You'd have a point about easy money and people getting everything they want too soon. Except they're giving out 500,000 so as soon as that hits everyone will have those things right away.

They've also increased the cost of items/guns/ammo now while reducing the money paid out. If you want to have fun on the game you paid for... Well if you can't afford weapons then it's either grind out some cash for a few hours or buy the cash pack.
I tried a mission last night stealing a plane from the airport. After I bought an smg and 100 ammo (a very conservative amount) some sticky bombs pistol ammo and body armour. We finished the mission and I actually received LESS than I'd just spent!

I just came away thinking 'what is the point of this again?'.

You can block the security trucks on your own with a car, casually walk in front and shoot the drivers or c4 the back. So I don't see any point in teaming up with friends in a helicopter to block it before you jump in. As you can just do it alone far easier. They made it seem like it was part of some really cool heist that required team work.
I'd love to have seen more missions like the ones in single player where you have all 3 characters in different locations and swap between them. Like the sniper on the skyscraper mission where you'd be Trevor in the chopper and could swap to franklin. Player 1 could be the pilot, 2 the rappel guy and 3 the sniper while 4 supports the snipers back keeping security away. But it's just fetch quests. It's pathetic really.

Last edited:
You'd have a point about easy money and people getting everything they want too soon. Except they're giving out 500,000 so as soon as that hits everyone will have those things right away.

That depends on what you want from the game really. I want a 10 car garage with the best cars fully modded so 500k wont get me very far :LOL:

They've also increased the cost of items/guns/ammo now while reducing the money paid out. If you want to have fun on the game you paid for... Well if you can't afford weapons then it's either grind out some cash for a few hours or buy the cash pack.

Didn't realise they had increased other stuff but selling a car for £9000 when you turn the game on will stop the grind or rob a couple of shops or something.

I tried a mission last night stealing a plane from the airport. After I bought an smg and 100 ammo (a very conservative amount) some sticky bombs pistol ammo and body armour. We finished the mission and I actually received LESS than I'd just spent!

I just came away thinking 'what is the point of this again?'.

Yeah I think they have messed by halving the missions price. Makes them pretty pointless really but will we be playing these when the heists come along and the stock market opens?

You can block the security trucks on your own with a car, casually walk in front and shoot the drivers or c4 the back. So I don't see any point in teaming up with friends in a helicopter to block it before you jump in. As you can just do it alone far easier. They made it seem like it was part of some really cool heist that required team work.

That was probably just part of the heist, maybe there was a fleet of them all over the map and a chopper was the easiest way to get the cash and evade the police?

I'd love to have seen more missions like the ones in single player where you have all 3 characters in different locations and swap between them. Like the sniper on the skyscraper mission where you'd be Trevor in the chopper and could swap to franklin. Player 1 could be the pilot, 2 the rappel guy and 3 the sniper while 4 supports the snipers back keeping security away. But it's just fetch quests. It's pathetic really.

That will happen when heists are available i would imagine.

Also none of us have mentioned the other stuff you can do like racing, death matches and that so if you don't care about the stuff we talked about you still have options to have fun on it.

I forgot as well i saw somewhere that you can create your own missions and heists but that's not available yet either.

Last edited:
doc141340122_233899539.gif

Completed the game this week, fantastic.

Celebrated by having Trevor parachute right into the military base, steal a fighter jet, fight off the army, and land it in his dessert hangar for later use.

Sweet!

being playing online just survival mode, its easy to pick up 20 grand a pop for 20 minutes work, then just repeat the same mission and still get the 20 grand

im up to nearly 160 grand just by doing that today

Yes, survival is good also for max out stamina and shooting skill :D
But at least you will need one or two good mates to complete it quickly.

yep me and two of my mates just keep doing the scrapyard one, really easy when 3 of you hide behind the portacabins and dont move

Those photos are great, it shows how good is the graphics engine of Rockstar on the current gen consoles. It's a very beautiful game.

Cheers guys. I've now filled my photo quota, which is very frustrating.

Not as shit as being constantly menaced by a level 146 guy online (must have a great social life) who owns a Buzzard, which I shot down several times, so I've now been banished forced to wear a dunce hat. As well as losing over $100k paying for the insurance.

Anyone got there 500k in yet? mine went in yesterday

Going to buy an apartment online now, any recommendations?

If you want the best view on the city, I'd go for the one thats priced 395.000 or something, appartement 41 if I'm correct.

If you want the best view on the city, I'd go for the one thats priced 395.000 or something, appartement 41 if I'm correct.

Thanks alot, Ive read about now how expensive an appartment that they're just the same, is that true?

Also about single player right at the end

The mission Mrs Phillips is this even completable? I took the drugs van to Trevor's trailer to find his Mum not their, he goes crazy then it cuts straight to Franklin, no mission complete notification or anything!

Thanks alot, Ive read about now how expensive an appartment that they're just the same, is that true?

Also about single player right at the end

The mission Mrs Phillips is this even completable? I took the drugs van to Trevor's trailer to find his Mum not their, he goes crazy then it cuts straight to Franklin, no mission complete notification or anything!

Mine did the same Matt, I've spent all my cash on a new apartment and spraying all my vehicles pink.

Back
Top Bottom