GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

I'm thinking "things will be different" prob points to collapsible environments. I really doubt they'll make it serious - there is British backbone in Rockstar and the GTA games will always be about parody.

EDIT: look at the trailer with that big corporate building with "GetaLife"....it'll definitely not be serious ;)

Last edited:

Look guys, I'm sorry, but does this not validate my point even a little?
I don't want to see that stuff either JB. You do need to draw the line somewhere. Seeing things like rape would add nothing to the game, only being controversial for the sake of controversy.

My hunch is that the guy shown is from the Armenian Mafia, Armenian's tend to look a little more on the Arab side of ethnicity, anyone who's a fan of The Shield and other US cop shows will know a little about the Armenian Mafia.

The guy in the video reminds me somewhat of Vahagan Akopyan who founded an Armenian Gang in LA.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Mafia

mw_akopyan_vahagan.jpg

gtaarmeniafk4.jpg

look at the trailer with that big corporate building with "GetaLife"....it'll definitely not be serious ;)

In NYC, that'll be the MetLife building, so here's hoping it's the full five boroughs.........

Look guys, I'm sorry, but does this not validate my point even a little?

Jesus christ what am i hearing hear????

A game is a game and a film is a film, only people who are already fucked in the head will want to carry out these things in real life

Jesus christ what am i hearing hear????

A game is a game and a film is a film, only people who are already fucked in the head will want to carry out these things in real life
Coopz, there's a difference between making the character that you control rape somebody and watching something out of your control, in my eyes. If you watch a TV program with rape featured, then you're getting an insight into that person's mentality. If you make your character do it, you ARE the mentality.

For someone to want to be able to do that in a game (and for you to defend it) just speaks volumes about modern society. It's not about how good the game is, it's about whether you can rape somebody.

I hope it's the same game it's always been.

haha if rape was in the i wouldnt think oooooo this is how you rape someone is it

like i said its a game take everything with a pinch of salt.

After playing Rainbow 6 im gonna go in the army and C4 people

haha if rape was in the i wouldnt think oooooo this is how you rape someone is it

like i said its a game take everything with a pinch of salt.

After playing Rainbow 6 im gonna go in the army and C4 people
I'm not talking about anyone copying it, I'm talking about the fact that basic human decency should prevent that from being in, and prevent people from wanting it in a game. If you want a good film, what do you want to see in it? Drama, action, not a specific thing. Just a good story. And yet, if you want a good game, the first thing that people are saying is RAPE??

For God's sake, where does it end?

I'm not going to argue anyway, because I think there's more sick people in the world than I'd realised, and I'd be outnumbered. But as I say, I personally hope that it stays the same.

No one wants rape in GTA Jack. But if it's in there there I don't see what's wrong with it. They're not just gunna shield everyone from the truth and have a nice bunnyman hopping around in Bunny City. Do you know what goes on in this society. All they're doing is trying to represent it in the most realistic way. You've seen it in films I'm sure.. there's even a rape scene in 300.

Anyway you're basing all of this on Bumperman's post and lets face it he's just a strange bloke.

In NYC, that'll be the MetLife building, so here's hoping it's the full five boroughs.........

Does look likely, The image with the blue car is coney island, you have timessquare, flatiron building, brooklyn bridge he's walking across, then the rail tracks (is that queens?) and the housing part aswell. It looks very large. It looks great tbh, loved the look of the city and the streets and cars.

As for the whole decency debate, who said rape? Bumperman said sexually explicit, like the hot coffee patch i assumed he meant. Someone else started the rape comment, you jack actually, an assumption. If he didnt mean that they he could have said something else, but if they want to go whole 9 yards and make a dark dark game, then that wil be in it. After all you could beat up / kill hookers in the ps2 games. Dont agree with the decency thing. Just because it now possibly contains rape its to far? So decapitation, killing, beating, drive-by's etc arent too bad, but rape is a step to far? Its gonna be a graphically violent game, end of. Its not going to cause people to do it all in real life once they have played it because its now in a next-gen jacket. People's fantasy is far more powerfull then anything that can be made or done, whether your playing an 8bit game and thinking about it or a nextgen game, it wont matter to the individual. They are f@#ked up either way. It wont matter, its just a mentally weak persons action of placing responsiblity on "vïolent art". Surely a person cant be that bad/evil/etc something has had to cause it. BULLSHIT! Its the same weak minded people that NEED to believe in an afterlife otherwise they cant except/handle that THIS IS IT! It wont get any better, and the world is f@cked up.

As for what "things will be different" means? Dont know, hopefully it will be good, as i got very bored of san andreas (didnt even bother go to the 2nd and 3rd cities).

As for the whole decency debate, who said rape?
I wanna literally be able to rape,pillage,and burn down villages sorta
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm dead-against the game and that I feel that strongly about it. I'm just saying that I personally thinking shooting a few people (which you can do in just about every other game) is a stress-relief device, whereas if you choose to go further, then that's beyond decency.

Like I say, if you go and see a film, it doesn't matter what is in it, as long as it's a good story - and yet, looking around the GTA4 fans and forums, it seems to be all about "let us do this, let us kill them, imprison them" rather than saying "just make GTA4 a good game". It could have the best gameplay in the world but if you can't chop people into bits and watch the blood ooze out then there will be people who are disappointed, and that just sickens me. You don't go and watch a film to see how many people get killed (well, the more moronic people do, as demonstrated perfectly in The League Of Gentleman's video rental guys - "how many killin's?") - you watch it for the story. Should it not be the same with games?

I just hope GTA put style and gameplay before shock value, that's all.

looking around the GTA4 fans and forums, it seems to be all about "let us do this, let us kill them, imprison them" rather than saying "just make GTA4 a good game". It could have the best gameplay in the world but if you can't chop people into bits and watch the blood ooze out then there will be people who are disappointed, and that just sickens me. You don't go and watch a film to see how many people get killed (well, the more moronic people do, as demonstrated perfectly in The League Of Gentleman's video rental guys - "how many killin's?") - you watch it for the story. Should it not be the same with games?

Thats why GTA is so good and is so popular

GTA wouldnt be nothing without Drugs, Guns, Voilence and Jacking cars

Don't know if the landscape will be destructible.

And the fact that it is set in the fictional New York it would cause a lot of problems with the do goody's over here Thompson and Clinton etc they will definitely throw in terrorism training now or somethong crazy along those lines.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm dead-against the game and that I feel that strongly about it. I'm just saying that I personally thinking shooting a few people (which you can do in just about every other game) is a stress-relief device, whereas if you choose to go further, then that's beyond decency.

Like I say, if you go and see a film, it doesn't matter what is in it, as long as it's a good story - and yet, looking around the GTA4 fans and forums, it seems to be all about "let us do this, let us kill them, imprison them" rather than saying "just make GTA4 a good game". It could have the best gameplay in the world but if you can't chop people into bits and watch the blood ooze out then there will be people who are disappointed, and that just sickens me. You don't go and watch a film to see how many people get killed (well, the more moronic people do, as demonstrated perfectly in The League Of Gentleman's video rental guys - "how many killin's?") - you watch it for the story. Should it not be the same with games?

Well you hit the nail on the head imo, its a stress relief, and if some guys want to see as much blood and guts as possibile then thats fine. I would rather they take out their frustration for their boss/gf/bf/whatever in a game then actually do something real. Tbh, i couldnt care less how much blood, violence and rape is in it, as long as its a good game with good a good story and good gameplay thats fine by me. And if it contains rape, thats fine by me aswell. Dont think i would actually do it in the game anyway. But its that type of game, its 18+. If people want to actually do that in a game, who cares? I, for one, dont.

I seem to be the only person in the world who gets bored with GTA after a few days of playing!

Back
Top Bottom