GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

LA Noire impresses me more than the GTA4 trailer!!

Just a little hint for the guys who've downloaded a percentage of it from a slow server - copy the file and rename it to whatever.wmv, and you can watch a few seconds, if you're desperate.

The facial graphics look okay, and a few shiny things look okay, but it just looks like San Andreas with a face-lift to me...

Just watched it. Graphics look very good and glad its in New York but still a bit of an anticlimax. I didnt expect much though with 7 months until release!

i think it looks absolutely beautiful. wow. and that first trailer allready created quite some atmosphere. i can not wait! :D

i think it looks absolutely beautiful. wow. and that first trailer allready created quite some atmosphere. i can not wait! :D

Meh?...

I don't know man the main character has left me un sure now.
I was hoping for something REALLY different.

GTA 4 with the same type of content will be boring except now with better graphics? nah it has to be more graphica and involving in what you can do. and i mean bad bad stuff and why not it's next gen let our crazy heads just have a wild time with it.

i see no sense if the gameplay is mild like it has been

Well the main character talks about buying and selling people BumperMan, so I'm sure you'll be able to spend your days buying virtual prisoners, beating them, turning them into prostitutes, collecting thousands of virtual dollars and shooting them in the head when you're done. Have fun...

Last edited:

Its a new Liberty City based completely on New York. Its got the Stat of Libery and the Chrysler Building. The last one in GTA3 was more of a spoof.

looks brilliant, not sure about the Russian-ness but ah well

The main character reminds me of the main guy out of the film Leon. Do you think thats what they've gone for?

I think right now the game looks class. I cant wait for October.

Well the main character talks about buying and selling people BumperMan, so I'm sure you'll be able to spend your days buying virtual prisoners, beating them, turning them into prostitutes, collecting thousands of virtual dollars and shooting them in the head when you're done. Have fun...
\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

This trailer has really impressed me, the wait was worth it.

Graphically the game is awesome, full of details. Besides, I'm glad it takes place in New York.
Regarding the main character, I don't think he's Russian. From his accent and his look he's probably Cuban, as Noted said.
Now let's hope the story of the game is somehow improved so that, as JB as said, we won't keep on doing the same stuff we have been used to.

I can't wait! :eek:

The main character reminds me of the main guy out of the film Leon. Do you think thats what they've gone for?

I think right now the game looks class. I cant wait for October.

Yeah, I thought he was a french guy, or a french muslim guy .The main character remains me Zidane :lmao: and also as Adonis, the guy in Leon whose name is Jean Reno.

Is it just me who's a bit freaked out by it all? With next-gen graphics and everything, it could get really, really wrong.

I mean, look at Bumperman above. He's loving the idea of imprisoning people and beating them to death. He'd probably want to chop people in half as well, with a bit of rape thrown in, and God knows what else. Sorry, I know I'm going to sound really old-fashioned for a 22-year-old who plays anything and everything, but I think GTA is getting to the point now, with next-gen graphics being so realistic, where it has to stop. For so many reasons.

So many kids will get this (not Rockstar's fault - but there won't be anything done about it nonetheless). They will watch people dying in various different ways, in high-definition, full-detail and with the blood and guts flying from all angles. Prisoners turned into prostitutes turned into people with holes in their heads. They will become desensitised to it. There's enough of a gang-culture with our younger generation as it is - no matter where you live.

Plus you've got the people who (again, whether it's Rockstar's fault or not) find the line between the virtual and real world blurring. "If I can cope with chopping this guy's head off and pissing down his neck, then I can cope with it in real life - I'd love to do that to my brother".

Pause the video when the pedestrians go past on the pavement - they have as many polygons as the main characters from PS2 games, if not more. Meaning more detail when you run over them, hit them, shoot them, chop them, do whatever you want to do to them.

As nice as the graphics are, I can't imagine what else is inside the game and I feel a bit sick just thinking about it. I actually hope (contrary to popular feeling) that the game hasn't "moved on", in this sense.

...Am I getting too old for games?

I mean, I suppose you've got stuff like CSI which covers a lot of the above, but kids aren't going to eat up CSI like they'll eat up GTA...

Last edited:

Yeah, I thought he was a french guy, or a french muslim guy .The main character remains me Zidane :lmao: and also as Adonis, the guy in Leon whose name is Jean Reno.

Thats the one! Jean Reno! Cheers for reminding me. Leon was a class film too.

Zidane? Lol can you imagine if Materazzi was the main evil guy :lmao:

Jack you'e sounding like all the Mums. One game is not going to change kids views on an already sad society. And being in HD has nothing to do with it. This is GTA there will be some blood thats about it. No guts flying everywhere.

Basically you're fighting a lost cause. Kids will buy this game. Will they go out shooting people in the head because of it? No. Not all of the problems in the world are to do with videogames. It's bad parenting.

put it this way, shooting someone and splattering their guts all over the pavement isn't going to suddenly make thousands of teenagers run out and do exactly the same

all this violence/video games relation BS is just somebody looking for something to blame when fucked up people do fucked up things

Jack you'e sounding like all the Mums. One game is not going to change kids views on an already sad society. And being in HD has nothing to do with it. This is GTA there will be some blood thats about it. No guts flying everywhere.

Basically you're fighting a lost cause. Kids will buy this game. Will they go out shooting people in the head because of it? No. Not all of the problems in the world are to do with videogames. It's bad parenting.

I agree with you totally, but I also understand Jacks point.

Game publishers do have more of responsibility then ever, but it does come down to parenting. The worlds just not a nice place, simple as.

If it doesn't go too far then I won't have a problem with it (if, as you've said Noted, there's no guts flying around, and it's the same as it always was).

I just really hope it doesn't go too far.

(Additionally, it's not just about the kids playing it; I wouldn't be comfortable playing it myself if they included chop-uppable bodies and rape, and I wouldn't look at people I know the same way again if they enjoyed it.)

As nice as the graphics are, I can't imagine what else is inside the game and I feel a bit sick just thinking about it. I actually hope (contrary to popular feeling) that the game hasn't "moved on", in this sense.

I do get what you're saying. There are people out there we should be worried about when it'll be released....but then again, they are the same people who'll prob knock someone out from watching Care Bears.

I personally play the GTA games cos of the storylines - it's one of the few games that actually crack me up (how can anyone not laugh at the Gangster parodies in San Andreas?!). I'm looking forward to seeing the stereotypes again in HD this time round :D

This is why the competition can't touch Rockstar atm. I hate Saints Row as it trys too hard in being hard - these games aren't meant to be taken seriously!.

I don't think you are getting to old for games JB. You make valid points mate. But personally, I don't see a problem myself. I'm not one who buys into the whole video games makes people violent argument. This is going to be an 18 rated game, with adult material. However, the content included in GTA is still far less explicit that films you can see every day on terrestrial television. As well as what you can easily gain access to on the net. As for young children playing the game, it's up to the parents at the end of the day. They need to stop buying this and other games of the same mold for their kids (which they do). As they could easily be desensitized to, or be influenced by things they see. Especially if they haven't got a clear view of right and wrong, or the world we live in.

I do get what you're saying. There are people out there we should be worried about when it'll be released....but then again, they are the same people who'll prob knock someone out from watching Care Bears.
:lol: Hahahaaaaaa, can't argue with that!! :lmao:

I personally play the GTA games cos of the storylines - it's one of the few games that actually crack me up (how can anyone not laugh at the Gangster parodies in San Andreas?!). I'm looking forward to seeing the stereotypes again in HD this time round :D

This is why the competition can't touch Rockstar atm. I hate Saints Row as it trys too hard in being hard - these games aren't meant to be taken seriously!.
This is exactly what I mean. You've took the words right out of my mouth - ignore my previous posts because you've just said exactly what was going through my head.

My point is that they seem to be emphasising that "things are different" - if they keep on with the parodies and not being totally serious (alá Saints God-awful Row) then I will love it, I'm sure, but if "things are different" means that the game is now deadly serious, then I'm seriously with the mums on this one.

Okay, not with the mums, as you have to have control over your kids and stop them from playing it, which is the mums' fault in the first place. But I still think it's against human decency if they go as far as... Well, see below.

However, the content included in GTA is still far less explicit that films you can see every day on terrestrial television.
As I've said above (or rather as Rocky said), if GTA stays the way it's always been, then I totally agree with you. But if it's become more serious then I don't think there will be much difference between this and the explicit terrestrial programs. They have the power with the 360 to make the graphics and the game as explicit as they want to, surpassing any decency levels that they want to.

I just hope they don't!

Last edited:

This trailer has made we wanna play GTA3 and Vice City again. Might give the doube pack on Xbox a rent 2moro :D

Back
Top Bottom