gay football players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jermain Jenas and Sol Campbell are two I could see

------------

@KICK OFF, you're just guessing right? Because I don't think any of those players have come out with anything unlike Xisco apparently.

Milan Baros and Guti wouldn't surprise me at all!

Rio Ferdinand :

ferdinand_gay.jpg

Guti :

YouTube - PASSWORD GUTI MARICON.flv
YouTube - Crackovia Guti y Cristiano Ronaldo Viendo el Partido Del Barca vs Español en HD
YouTube - Guti Maricon
YouTube - guti maricon

:)

Baros :

2dbtd9.jpg

baros-orgy.jpg

baros-orgy2.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps you can shed some light on the supposedly gay German NT players or Bundesliga ones for us with your knowledge of your country. :P

Perhaps you can shed some light on the supposedly gay German NT players or Bundesliga ones for us with your knowledge of your country. :P

There is none. Like everything else in here Gomez' statement was taken completely out of context. He was merely asked (by a German "people-magazine") what he thought about the matter in general and urged his colleagues around the world to come out, because he isn't of the opinion that it'd backlash on them in this day and age. He was never specific and didn't mean to fuel discussions. It was basically him saying: "What I think about gays? I'm cool with them!"

I see.

Well in any case, there is 'none' is most likely the wrong answer. Simple statistics says otherwise. But who? I suppose we don't know.

what is with all the german magazines askin if players are OK with gays. i remember i think they also asked jermaine jones and he said "i hope not" or something like that lol...

Jermaine Jenas once stuck a mobile phone up Ashley Cole's arse, at least according to this bloke down the pub.

On a more serious note there was a programme on the BBC a while back about gay footballers, using welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas, and former NBA star John Amaechi as examples of high profie sportsmen who have recently came out, and whether or not in this day and age would a high profile footballer in the UK come out, post Justin Fashanu.

On the one hand it's really no one elses business, but on the other it's reported that many gay footballers/athletes don't go "public" due to the backlash they feel they or their families may potentially receive if they did so. Which is a real sad state of affairs if true, but i can understand as sadly those ignorant attitudes are still out there.

In many ways it could do a lot of good if a number of high profile sportsmen and women were openly gay, but could you imagine the media furore if say Jack Wilshere or Gareth Bale came out? But in reality I think we are a long way off from seeing this happen.

On a side note I did not know until recently that homosexual acts were only decriminalised in Scotland in 1981, which is pretty crazy.

Last edited:
Interesting article about the coming out of Anton Hysén in Sweden:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/29/anton-hysen-afraid-coming-out

Very good read. Thanks.

The Darren Purse interview article which is linked there is interesting as well.

After reading all this, I really do feel for homosexual footballers. :( It's a sad cruel world at times. The sport really is stuck in stone ages. It's SUCH a taboo and hopefully guys like Anton will have shown the way for others to come out and be themselves and not have to pretend to be something/somebody else anymore.

I bet there are lots of gay footballers. They're all just so scared to come out. There's probably one in every dressing room in every EPL club, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom