gay football players

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand PLF, can one be gay and live like gay people (i.e. having a male partner) without the rest of the dressing room being aware of it. You see each other all the time...

That would mean that gay football players would have secret partners (or would pretend being heterosexual by having a female partner): thinking about this makes me very sad. If this is the case, i feel for those players.

On a more serious note there was a programme on the BBC a while back about gay footballers, using welsh rugby player Gareth Edwards, and former NBA star John Amaechi as examples of high profie sportsmen who have recently came out, and whether or not in this day and age would a high profile footballer in the UK come out, post Justin Fashanu.

Don't you mean Gareth Thomas aka Alfie to his fellow Welshmen? Mickey Rourke playing him in a bio of his life.

That's sad.

There is bound to be a LOT of gay footballers but they're all in the closet.

Just think about it, out of all the players in the Premier League alone, there's bound to be about a dozen.

I wonder if US Women's National team captain and star player Abbie Wambach is a lesbian? She very much seems like one. Anyone know?

Great player and great role model by the way. That woman is a real talent and a great speaker as well. I'm very impressed by her. Perfect captain.

I didnt insult anyone.
I dont understand how that can be normal.

You insulted lots of people.
One might ask what is "normal". That is very subjective. I, for instance, don't think your point of view concerning homosexuality is not normal.

IMO you should be banned.

Evo-web is not about intolerance.

Nevermind,i am sorry for insults.

Evo-web is not about intolerance.

I didnt know that.Couple months ago many us inform moderators on some things with politics etc shits,they didnt react.So..
PS:Many people dont get ban for many things,and i will get cause i think different..

Nevermind,i am sorry for insults.

I didnt know that.Couple months ago many us inform moderators on some things with politics etc shits,they didnt react.So..
PS:Many people dont get ban for many things,and i will get cause i think different..

Talking about politics and shits isn't bad. Being homophobic and displaying your thoughts the way you did is bad. Just like a person who would say things about black people or Jewish people etc in the same manner is very bad.

There was no point you saying what you said? If it was a discussion on what do people think of gay people? then maybe you could say something like 'I don't think it is natural for two people to be together of the same sex' that is your opinion and so be it. But saying it how you did and in this thread is just not right.

You shouldn't apologise because you might get banned, you should apologise if you thought what you said was wrong? and I don't think you think what you said was wrong? which just does not register with most people here (Hopefully anyway) and why you got the reaction you did.

Depend on what kind of polictics is talking ;)

I say i`m sorry for insulting,but why i need to say i made mistake i was wrong? Thats my opinion,and you should accept that if someone is not agreed with that that people have different choices and opinions.Your first comment on mine was that i am idiot.So you cant give me teach about that.

This is nothing to do with black or jewish (i have friends both of them),its different kind of thoguhts.(Be gay is not religion or rasicsm,its just decission of someone).

Alredy said,i am sorry,if insult someone.I came on forum cause of football and pes/fifa.Never talked about other stuff.

And one more thing.
There is thread "uglyiest players in football",so many comments like i cant stop laugh,ahah,etc.Its normal to laugh that how some people looks? That is not insult?

Last edited:
Depend on what kind of polictics is talking ;)

I say i`m sorry for insulting,but why i need to say i made mistake i was wrong? Thats my opinion,and you should accept that if someone is not agreed with that that people have different choices and opinions.Your first comment on mine was that i am idiot.So you cant give me teach about that.

This is nothing to do with black or Jewish (i have friends both of them),its different kind of thoughts.(Be gay is not religion or rasicsm,its just decission of someone).

Alredy said,i am sorry,if insult someone.I came on forum cause of football and pes/fifa.Never talked about other stuff.

So you are against racism and Anti-Semetism? but it is ok to be horrible about another group of people just because they love and find the same sex attractive?

Being gay is just like being black or Jewish (In most cases, as you can become Jewish) you are born that way.

Why would somebody choose to be gay when they get abused, ridiculed and killed for it?

I called you an idiot for the way you expressed your views, it was stupid to post such things, especially in a thread that is talking sensibly about the subject. Go to a Gay hate website (I guess there are many) and post your vile insults on them.

You should just stick to talking about pes/fifa you are right.

Being gay is just like being black or Jewish (In most cases, as you can become Jewish) you are born that way.

Again,wrong point of view.
This is not true.Dont know why still talk with this.

God made religions/nations/.But people choose gay/normal.

Imagine your son is gay.Only son you have.And what about your family in future.Grandchildren?

And still waiting answer on previous question There is thread "uglyiest players in football",so many comments like i cant stop laugh,ahah,etc.Its normal to laugh that how some people looks? That is not insult?

Last edited:
Again,wrong point of view.
This is not true.Dont know why still talk with this.

Imagine your son is gay.Only son you have.And what about your family in future.Grandchildren?

And still waiting answer on previous question There is thread "uglyiest players in football",so many comments like i cant stop laugh,ahah,etc.Its normal to laugh that how some people looks? That is not insult?

Believe me, people do not choose to be gay, I have known quite a few people that wished they were not gay because of the abuse the get everyday. One even got dis-owned by a large portion of their own family and they would never talk to him again. He loved his family, he would do anything to be with them again, but he can't, because he was born gay and can do nothing about it.

If my son is gay I will support him and love him just like any other child I have. Hopefully they will adopt or have some other means of bringing a baby in the world and I will be a grandparent and a very proud one.

God help your poor children if they turn out to be gay, it's people like you that make players (and non-players, but trying to keep on topic :PP) not come out and say they are gay and unfortunately a lot of people think like you and act horribly towards gay people, so it will be like this for a long time.

The ugly people thread is not nice I admit, but there is a HUGE difference with your comment (again it is the way you said it and in the context you said it in that is the big problem here).

If somebody went in their and said I fucking hate ugly people, they are punished by god for what they did in a previous life and then post pictures of forum members they think are ugly, then this attacks members of this forum. But whether somebody is ugly is very subjective, one persons ugly is anothers beautiful. It doesn't discriminate against a whole populous of people. Whether somebody is gay isn't subjective, they are or they are not.

Your comment is offensive to everybody that is gay and who know gay people and are friends with gay people.

It is exactly in the same area as Racism and Anti-Semetism etc and you should realise that, otherwise you will go into certain parts of the world (Just like this forum) and be hounded for not just your opinion (because you are right, it is your opinion) but the disdain, contempt and disgust you obviously hold against gay people.

You are being treated just like a racist or an anti-semite would be treated and spoken to if they posted in the same manner you have done.

Bobby people chose to be gay they don't born gay ;)

and no dont adopt a baby , if all are gay/lesbian than there is no babies in the world haha

anyway stupid to talk about it as its this forum and I dont know rules about this so i dont wanna brake them but I have an own opinion about all this and I would say it if it was a face to face talking or any thread just for this stuff :PP

chik fill-a owner (can't remember his name) said his opinion last year and it become a huge talk about that but still it was just an opnion , we cant be "blind" and say oh yes we all are ok with gay people , coz we all know thats not true there are a lot of people who "dont like" gay people and its right to choice this !

and no dont adopt a baby , if all are gay/lesbian than there is no babies in the world haha

anyway stupid to talk about it as its this forum and I dont know rules about this so i dont wanna brake them but I have an own opinion about all this and I would say it if it was a face to face talking or any thread just for this stuff :PP

chik fill-a owner (can't remember his name) said his opinion last year and it become a huge talk about that but still it was just an opnion , we cant be "blind" and say oh yes we all are ok with gay people , coz we all know thats not true there are a lot of people who "dont like" gay people and its right to choice this !

As I said his opinion is fine (Not fine, but you know), but it is the way he said his opinion and in this thread that isn't fine and is very bad.

LFC Albania, there are many many many babies out there without families and a lot of them could have amazing lives being bought up by gay and Lesbian couples (Just as they would a man and a woman couple). Just because two gay/lesbian people bring up a baby, it doesn't mean that the baby they have will be gay/lesbian. So there will still be plenty of babies in the world ;))

You can say you don't think gay/lesbian is natural, you can say you don't like black people or Jewish people etc. They are people's opinions, but to abuse a certain type of person for their sexual orientation, race, creed etc etc

Niks post was offensive and abusive, lets not pretend he gave his opinion in a well thought out, respectful manner.

I honestly could care less if a footballer is gay. What matters to me is what they do on the pitch. Whatever they do off the pitch is none of my business.

WOW.

Yeah, also those people choose to be gay who are mentally down by knowing the others won´t let them live their lives, people who commit suiccides just becouse their parent´s or society never accepted them and also those who hide before their true feelings their whole life. Yeah, they definetly choose that lifestyle.

I thought there are more smart people here but it´s a football game forum after all..

lmao what a discussion...

Homosexuality is destructive towards the human race because anal sex is a very high risk activity when it comes to spreading diseases and two members of the same sex can't produce new life. Remember that heterosexual couples also perform anal sex, so parts of the argument falls somewhat through. The earth is already getting close to maximum population as well, so a few couples unable to produce children aren't really a big issue, so that's the second part of the argument gone.

If you think homosexual practice is disgusting, icky and just plain wrong, then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. There are a lot of other sexual deviations that both homosexuals and heterosexuals participate in that are disgusting to some people. Pissing, shitting, animal sex, throat fucking... god knows all there is. Just settle for "people are disgusting and gays are no different".

If I want to fuck my wife in the ass or anywhere else, then it's really none of your businesses. If two men want to hit the hay and do unspeakable things to each others assholes, then it's THEIR BUSINESS AND THEIRS ALONE. Is that really so god damn hard to understand?

Adoptions for gay couples and other moral issues like that are pointless to discuss unless the participants bring a fair level of maturity to the table. There are great arguments to support both sides of the discussion, so in the end it falls down to preference where you decide to stand.

Having said all that, I personally think homosexuality is disgusting, but I also think a whole lot of other things are disgusting as well so that hardly makes it a "special disgust case" for me or anything. I just don't like it, and I am entitled to that opinion. I do, however, respect another persons sexual preference and as long as it doesn't bother me I don't particularly care. I have not yet been bothered by gay couples, and I doubt I will in the future.. so if I think they're disgusting I would never tell it to their face and it's nobody but my problem if I want to spend a few seconds of my life in disgust of something someone else is doing. I also think it's disgusting to watch fat people eat McDonald's food, but that is also my problem and not theirs... well you get my meaning. What I am saying is basically this; It is legal to think homosexuality, obesity and whatever you want is disgusting but it is not legal (by law) to harass anyone with your opinions. Once you harass anyone, you're breaking the law and that's... well... illegal :)

Now, let's get back on topic and discuss gay footballers... if there are anyone else.

Last edited:
What I don't like is when sexual preference is trying to compare to racist. I don't think racist is born racist. I'll go further we're born w/ a fear of noise and falling everything else is taught. Gays is a preference n desire nothing else . Wanting ppl to think its some abnormal birth reaction is a theory of society pressure of acceptance . I know a few gays and they told me kids grew up liking veggies or not liking. I also know a kid whose gay , but doesn't know it yet. I played w dolls and loved everything about women I could of been gay , but I realize I wanted to be like mum not dad. I like girls so much I want to be inside as many as possible . Then, puberty hit and all mummy acting went out the window. I was the little engine that could and did it well.

As a Hispanic republican I can careless what ppl think about me , most ppl in society are Hippocrates ! See no evil hear no evil. Gays aren't born ... I'm born different too and won't change for no one! My opinion only.

WOW.

Yeah, also those people choose to be gay who are mentally down by knowing the others won´t let them live their lives, people who commit suiccides just becouse their parent´s or society never accepted them and also those who hide before their true feelings their whole life. Yeah, they definetly choose that lifestyle.

WOW. ? take 10 babies 1 year old and tell me which one has born GAY ? how you can tell that ?

than teachers born , footballers born , thief born everything born just like that ? thats really stupid thought coz everyone born as normal people use to born from 1 thousand years than from theyr culture and theyr things they chose what to be and what makes them feel "better"

well thats not my problem about theyr life and problems , i have a milion different problems too and im not crying for all of them

I thought there are more smart people here but it´s a football game forum after all..

you quote me and you type this so i take it as personal and offencive by you

im just telling you that being/supporting gay don't make you more smart guy than what you are , smartnes isnt in gay , not all people who are gay are smart and not all people who support them are smart , or if you are not gay and dont give a fuck for them thats dosnt make you less smarter

and i just dont give a fuck about what they do , everyone has his own life and pick what they wanna do and be , so if you're gay than its your life you chose that and i dont care , if you take a gun and shot your head than again i dont give a shit about you coz YOU pick that

I DONT LIKE GAY PEOPLE but that dosnt mean if i see a gay person i tell fuck to him or anything like this , I dont like ice crea, but that dosnt mean no one has to do/eat it ;)

What I don't like is when sexual preference is trying to compare to racist. I don't think racist is born racist. I'll go further we're born w/ a fear of noise and falling everything else is taught. Gays is a preference n desire nothing else . Wanting ppl to think its some abnormal birth reaction is a theory of society pressure of acceptance . I know a few gays and they told me kids grew up liking veggies or not liking. I also know a kid whose gay , but doesn't know it yet. I played w dolls and loved everything about women I could of been gay , but I realize I wanted to be like mum not dad. I like girls so much I want to be inside as many as possible . Then, puberty hit and all mummy acting went out the window. I was the little engine that could and did it well.

As a Hispanic republican I can careless what ppl think about me , most ppl in society are Hippocrates ! See no evil hear no evil. Gays aren't born ... I'm born different too and won't change for no one! My opinion only.

Sometimes I don't get your reasoning. You try to say gays choose to be gays, then you give an example of the gays you know 'liking veggies or not'? what does that mean? are you trying to say gays are like vegetarians?

Also you say you know a guy who is gay but doesn't know it yet? doesn't that contradict your view that he chooses/prefers to be gay? as you are saying he is gay, but not aware of it, or not facing up to it? Therefore how can he choose to be gay if you are saying he is gay but doesn't know it yet (my head is starting to hurt).

You don't think a racist is born a racist? that doesn't have any meaning on what we are talking about.

I think you need to do your cheese analogy so I can understand your opinion better ;))

Anyway, your opinion is ok. As long as you don't go about swearing and saying derogatory things like 'it is a disease' etc and being horrible to gay people and respecting them, then it doesn't really matter what your feelings of nature/nurture in accordance to gay people is.

This sentence is wrong on so many levels... simply because for it to be right you have to believe in God, and not everyone does.

Anyway, since you brought God into the equation...

Luke 6:37
"Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned: forgive, and you shall be forgiven"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom