• 0 (default)

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • +1

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • +2

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've actually set mine to -2 lately, and been playing on that. Got used to it now, too. I'm sure if I set it to anything faster it will seem like Benny Hill.

I've been playing the Spanish league on -2 and it's perfect. The players only move quickly when they're sprinting for some particular reason, the rest of the time they let the ball do the work. Looks just right.

I reckon that if I was playing the Premier League though, I'd want to knock it up one or two. The games I'm playing now (at La Liga pace) look much slower than English football, partly because of how I play but also because of the low game speed. Default / 0 would be about right for Chelsea v Everton or whatever.

I find that the game speed really affects the way you play. On -2 you have a bit more time so you play that slow-slow-quick-slow game, like Spanish or Italian teams. On 0 you have to play a bit more frantically to keep up with the AI, so you end up using an English style, a bit more direct.

i play with -1 in xbox 360, and i obviously have to play in 0 in the pc, i don't like to play in +1 or +2 because fast players like messi get kinda crazy! lol

the majority that play on -1, how do you guys cope online with the default speed? doesn't it feel like fast-forward to you guys?

I've actually set mine to -2 lately, and been playing on that. Got used to it now, too. I'm sure if I set it to anything faster it will seem like Benny Hill.

have the same feeling exactly. so no online matches ala MLO for you this year mate?

+1 for me.

I don't understand how anyone can play in a NEGATIVE speed, since the 0 setting is slow as it is.

+1 for me.

I don't understand how anyone can play in a NEGATIVE speed, since the 0 setting is slow as it is.

Watch a football match from Spain or Italy or Portugal, or almost anywhere else except Britain. -2 is a good approximation of the speed of the game. +1 looks like it's on fast forward and you have no time to think on the ball - I guess a Merseyside derby or something might be played at that speed, but not many other games are. 0 is about right for most English or Scottish football. It only looks slow compared to football games of the past, it's not slow compared to real football, when you look at how long it takes the ball to be moved from one end of the pitch to the other, or how long it takes for players to cover ground.

Really it all depends on how you play the game I suppose. If you want realism, drop the speed. If you find it more exciting to play a frantic game, stick it up. At least we get the option this year, rather than every other year since PS1 when we've had to use default and people will always complain that it's too fast or too slow.

Watch a football match from Spain or Italy or Portugal, or almost anywhere else except Britain. -2 is a good approximation of the speed of the game. +1 looks like it's on fast forward and you have no time to think on the ball - I guess a Merseyside derby or something might be played at that speed, but not many other games are. 0 is about right for most English or Scottish football. It only looks slow compared to football games of the past, it's not slow compared to real football, when you look at how long it takes the ball to be moved from one end of the pitch to the other, or how long it takes for players to cover ground.

Really it all depends on how you play the game I suppose. If you want realism, drop the speed. If you find it more exciting to play a frantic game, stick it up. At least we get the option this year, rather than every other year since PS1 when we've had to use default and people will always complain that it's too fast or too slow.

well said mate. feel exactly the same.

but i think -1 does it for me. tried -2 for a few days but then after trying the nightmare speed online, suddenly managed to adapt or rather feel -1 is the best balance offline for realistic football in majority of leagues.

-2 for me. With any great football game you should be able to dictate the pace yourself depending on your style and you can do this with pes 2011. I like the passing and shooting speed on this setting. Seria A is arguably my most used league on PES so this setting is right for me.

For me it's also speed 0 that I feel most comfortable with at the moment, eventhough I'm aware that it's a bit more fast than reality... but on the other hand going to -1 or -2 not only makes running-speed slower like it should be but also the turning and the ball-rolling-speed slower making the whole game imho too sluggish, espescially at -2.

I agree, like the players have bricks in their boots, a bit unresponsive. 0 plays more instinctively. Having said that, if you play this game a lot and have the time for -1 it can be a lot more rewarding probably. I prefer a simple game now and then though.

Back
Top Bottom