Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamezinho

Golden Boot Winner
10 June 2003
Ipswich, England
Ipswich Town F.C.
Just a quick poll to find out what speed settings people are using and which one is the most popular. After playing the PES2011 demo I think the default speed setting is decent enough, but after experimenting with other settings I'm finding that -1 is perhaps the most realistic in my opinion.

So what is your favourite speed setting?

Is anyone using the faster settings?

-1 seems to be the perfect balance. It allows controlled passing and build up, but yet the breaks and counter attacks seem realistically paced at the same time.

I've not tried anything but default, which I feel is perfect for the Copa Teams. I will try -1 tonight. My mates played with Barcelona v Bayern last night on default, and after only playing with the Copa teams, it did look a tad fast to be honest.

Seems to have the perfect balance of responsiveness and gametempo to me. Tried +1 and felt it was way too fast. -1 felt a little sluggish.

EDIT

Agree that it is also down to the teams, have mostly played copa teams and that's been fine. The Ba's feel too hectic at default.

Default, but there's no choice really with the PC version... except going faster?

I'm playing on the PC now as i prefer the different angle and time extender so i have to settle with the default 0 option.

I was much the same as Jimmy on the ps3. Using -1 for Barca - Bayern and using 0 for the Copa teams. I've got used to 0 anyway now. It's fine and feels perfectly paced imo. I rarely sprint apart from the odd tap here and there to ride a challenge, so the speed setting doesn't make a huge difference unless i went from -2 to +2.

Seems to have the perfect balance of responsiveness and gametempo to me. Tried +1 and felt it was way too fast. -1 felt a little sluggish.

EDIT

Agree that it is also down to the teams, have mostly played copa teams and that's been fine. The Ba's feel too hectic at default.

Kind of agree with this. I think -1 feels the most realistic but 0 probably works better in a 10 minute time frame. It is a video game after all and the emphasis is on condensing down 90 minutes of action into a short timespan, so the game can't be too slow. Unless you want to play matches longer than 10 minutes, that is.

Would agree with some of the other chaps, -1 for Barca v Bayern and 0 for the Copa Teams

Funnily enough I played the Fifa demo last night on default speed qand it felt too quick in comparison

Would agree with some of the other chaps, -1 for Barca v Bayern and 0 for the Copa Teams

I agree, I want to vote but unless i can vote for both 0 and -1 I can't!

0 is perfect for the Copa America teams.

But -1 and a times (maybe for longer matches) -2 is good for the 'premium' teams (Barca etc..)

I've been struggling to find the right speed myself, constantly switching between 0 and -1. I tend towards -1 because Barca-Bayern feels too quick on 0 but Chivas-Inter seems alright at -1.

I play with +2 speed. Player reactions are quicker, animations are more fluid and you can still play the game at a slower pace by holding the ball and passing it around as you would in real life.

don't forget to tell which settings you have!
Cause it makes abig difference in speed and reaction time!

First I had Vsync on and Frameskipping off.
Now I play with Vsync on and Frameskipping on as well. Because of the frame skipping the players react so much faster! The game do not need to wait for a specific frame until it reacts to your control.

EDIT

This. Same thing on PC, too bad we do not have -1.

I can't deal with the way the game seems like it is in low gravity when on the minus settings. I also think it shows up a lot of other flaws.

I'd even suggest that +1 is better. Not because of the speed but just because the game doesn't start acting all weird.

Tbh I like playing on -2 to see all the animations etc, all the action and little details, just like reality.

I'm using -1 playing on the PS3, but 0 perhaps is more suited for the Copa teams.

-2 is just inaccurate as far as ball movement, etc.

What stats are these things affecting? A global stat editor would have been better, or s slider for various elements like 2K do.

In my first matchs I've tried to play in -1 speed. But most of the time I played in 0 speed just because it will be the default one for online matchs.

0 speed with Barcelona vs Bayer feels decent. Nothing that fast like the latest football games I had been playing, but still not very realistic to my taste. I mean..some passes feel a bit weird sometimes in 0 speed (u know, the way barça buildup their attack with passes that goes very fast and then the speed of the ball drops very quickly).

But I'm playing in -1 with Bayer(me) vs Barcelona(cpu), and I can tell you it's amazing!!:WORSHIP: Passing speed seems to be more balanced and now I have such a control with my build up plays (and also manual passing) that till I set to-1 I never had before with Bayer (when I play with Barcelona in 0 speed I still have a very good sense of moving the ball into spaces, but not much with Bayer,wich is very good btw).

UEFA league = -1 perfect.

Libertadores = 0.

I forgot to say: sorry fpr my english lol

Back
Top Bottom