• 0 (default)

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • +1

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • +2

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In INternacional vs Chivas game it seems that changing from 0 speed to -1 speed doesn't make that difference compared to the difference it makes for Barcelona vs Bayer game.

-1 speed for Libertadores teams feels great too. Offline I will probably play only in -1.

Speed +2! Anyone else loving it in this mode?

Having played computer games since the early years, I haven't needed realism to enjoy them. Playing PES2011 demo in speed+2 is absolutely great fun, much quicker thought needed and loads of action every game!

Anyone else loving this mode?!?!

Re: Speed +2! Anyone else loving it in this mode?

Only after half a bottle of Jägermeister :)

Much too fast otherwise, puts too much emphasis on pace and luck, rather than patience & skill. Each to their own though.

I personally really don't like -2 and +2, it just feels like it's in slow motion or fast forward... I think that's all it is really.

I play on 0 mostly, but occasionally -1 :).

Having played computer games since the early years, I haven't needed realism to enjoy them. Playing PES2011 demo in speed+2 is absolutely great fun, much quicker thought needed and loads of action every game!

Anyone else loving this mode?!?!

I am

Too fast for me and unrealistic. Everyone to there own tho.

Well i like the idea of having +2 for having a laugh!

Good stuff from konami since not everyone wants a sim :)

If people are enjoying the demo on +2 then that's great. It's too fast for me but that's what the speed setting is for: to keep everyone happy.

I have not sampled the demo or even played the game yet but i will reserve judgement on the speed settings until i have played it.

iS +1 Fast and -1 Slower etc? is there a big difference in speed.

Thanks.

I think I play mostly on 0 because I forget to change the setting in the demo, but I do prefer -1. Seems just about right for realistic speed, in my opinion.

I play on -2 and I play 15 min or 20 min matches (sometimes even the 30 min ones). Trust me, -2 is not slow at all. It is more considered and it plays in the real pace of football. I have made some super swift counterattacks and have also nicely built up my goals. Once you learn how to play in -2, then you'll realise that you can dictate the pace of the match.

This -2 match speed feels like REAL football. But give it a good go. Don't be impatient. And let us all know what you feel about -2.

Edit: I use the WIDE camera angle. With -2 speed, you'd love the new low swaying camera tilt. Probably this camera is built for lower match speed hence people find it slow to catch up to the action. None of those worries in -2.

Last edited:
I play on -2 speed top player level 25 minutes and getting good scorelines. 2 games last nite Benfica vs porto tied at 1 with Porto dictating posession for the whole game.....I tried unucessfully to play the posession game for the first 70 mins...they just controlled everything and had 1-0 lead. So I switched my tactic to counterattack since they didn't yet close shop.....scored a counter goal with 15 mins to play then i defended haha....great game. -2 feels really good and very measured and methodical.

Next game Milan vs Juventus and lost 2-0...posession was even 50/50.....and I just couldn't penetrate their defense....once they got a 1-0 lead their defense was more compact and I just ran out of ideas....they hit me back with a corner goal and that's all she wrote.

I played -1 gspeed on the demo and that was slightly too fast....but in retail -1 was definitely too fast...so -2 it is.

Thanks for your answers!
In fact I have been playing on -2 mostly from the time I got the game mostly 15 minute games, wide camera and top player.
Thing is that when I got used to it I had some 4-2, 6-1 etc that's why I'm considering going to 10 mins. We'll see!
But for me too -2 seems the closest to reality, especially if you are playing good teams (Real Madrid, Barcelona etc).
Anyway thanks again for your input!

I'm playing at the speed of -200, as I don't have the game yet... ;-)

On the demo I had to crank it from -2 to 2 to see any speed difference, so I'm fine with 0.

Maybe as we get better at it and after a few months where we win vs Top Player 99% of the time it could be worth always cranking it to +2?

I'm playing on 0 on the full game, and whenever my PS3 doesn't get overheated and fucks up the framerate, that's absolutely perfect, in my opinion. :)

Back
Top Bottom