Frontlines: Fuel Of War (360, PC, PS3)

The Single player demo is crap but multiplayer is great.
Call of duty is awesome but when you add vehicles even to a inferior game it really opens it up.
Balttlefield will be the game to buy for this tho.

Funnily enough I saw some trailers for this and thought it looked shit, tried the single player demo and really enjoyed it, this type of game multiplayer isn't my thing but single player should be enjoyable :)

I might download this today and give it a whirl. 7/10 in Edge worries me though.

Remember when RTS (Command & Conquer etc) used to be the game of the moment, when every month you'd have ANOTHER RTS game with different graphics and story but same gameplay? It seems these last few (I say few, more like last ten) years that FPS games are what everyone wants to make. And how many have been good enough? Not many I'd say. So many FPS games are just too similar and it takes something pretty special for a game to stand out these days.

Yeah I agree Dags, there are too many average shooters around, especially on the Xbox & Xbox 360.

Yep it is, when I saw those trailers I thought the game looked completely arcade crap, but I really enjoyed the demo, first time I played it I didn't find any remote control things to use but I just played it through again yesterday to see if I still wanted the full game and found a remote control car and remote control chopper to use, good fun using the chopper to go into a building to kill bad guys :)

I actually found the remote parts rubbish, I did when they did them with MGS aswell. Just seems too easy, like a cheat to me. I would have more sympathy for them if they were used for recon but not loaded with missiles and everything.

THQ and Kaos Studios' upcoming Frontlines: Fuel of War will support over 50 players online when it's released on PC and 360 this month.

Kaos folks confirmed the news on the dev's forum. "We actually hit 73 during testing but we are taking baby steps as this is a pretty big leap," one of the staffers noted.

Frontlines multiplayer features a "unique role and load-out system allowing players to customise their character to suit any situation", in the words of its publisher.

There's already a 32-player Xbox Live demo available with two maps to play through to help you get your head around that.

Sadly though PS3 owners won't be able to join in with this one, after THQ decided to cancel that version.

Frontlines is a near-future first-person shooter inspired by the idea that the world would probably go a bit bat-s*** if we ran out of oil.

The developer, Kaos, was formed out of the ashes of Trauma Studios, the folks who handled Battlefield 1942's Desert Combat mod and eventually became part of that game's developer, DICE, before it all blew up.

So Frontlines has some serious potential and a solid team behind it. Watch out for our review in the lead-up to the 29th February release on PC and 360 to see whether it capitalises on that.

GamerTV gave it a 9/10

I would expect 50 on the PC, very doubtful of that many running without lag on the 360

As i said i like this multiplayer demo but i think its come out at the wrong time being sandwiched between COD4 and Vegas 2

i would get it but i cant see many people being online for long

We need to get more people on this to test it out

me and Jay are enjoying this especially when your both in a chopper/tank/car trying to gun down people

you can get 5-6 people in some transport as well manning guns and you have little perks like drones and railguns you can sit anywhere and shoot :)

Had a go on it today . its not bad but like Coopz said there are better games just round the corner.
Bottom line I'm afraid, not prepared to spend money on something that will be outclassed within a month. It's this or R6 Vegas 2, no point in having both - and we all know which will win.

we just had a right laugh and dominated the guys we were playing

i may have to pick this up becuase its a totally different game to Rainbow 6 and i can see me playing this as well as Vegas

The big benefit this will have over RSV2 is the vehicles, the fact that Jay was in a Helicopter, Coopz in a Hummer and me in a tank all tonning it across the desert was top, twas truly, ride of the valkryies stuff! I may pick it up, I'll try the single player mode out, but I thought it was fun, large maps, cant imagine 50 ppl on it tho.

i think its only 32 for the 360

only 32 haha

can you imagine how mad that would be, i would jump in a transporter with 6 comrades and race to the first checkpoint only to be locked on by a stinger killing all 7 troops in one fell swoop :)

Bottom line I'm afraid, not prepared to spend money on something that will be outclassed within a month. It's this or R6 Vegas 2, no point in having both - and we all know which will win.

Same here - it's gonna be £40 at the end of the day and I am only gonna buy the "best" titles from now on.

Back
Top Bottom