Football Manager 2009

I've been listening to the podcasts and there are lots of good new features in the game.
One i remember is that the assistent manager will not only give you feedback on the weak parts in your team, but will also suggest players you can buy to "fill the gaps".
There is also a new system of player quotations after the matches, from this year on player can have 7,5 as match rating...

i cant wait for this game...ill get emotional once i see my squad taking the field in 3d!! :lol:

the demo should be out soon right? like next week?

YEAH!
today we will finnally play FM in 3d!!!
its a big thing for me, ive been playing this series since CM97-98, and personally have aways dreamd of wacthing my players take the field.
the day has come! i just hope the animations are top nocth, dont care a lot for the gfx quality.

While I am obviously hoping the 3D stuff is better than in Championship Manager I am also hoping they keep the essence of what Football Manager football is...so long as they do that I'll be happy...if they throw in decent animations I'll be ecstatic! Saying that it's good news enough that we have the option to use the "old" dotty style as opposed to 3D if need be.

thommohawk, i think the essence will be there..and imo thats why it took so long for them to implement the 3d gfx...they didnt want to broke the essence of the game.

i think they will succed once again, just like when the 2d gfx debut, it wasnt perfect(heck it still not perfect) but the CM/FM essence is still there and intact imho.

Will you need a proper Graphics card for this or will my crappy 965 Express Chipset Family be able to do the job?

Great stuff, it's going like lightning from that Gameshadow mirror as well.

So I'll be up til 3am this morning playing this then, there goes my early night.

EDIT: I take that back, started at 300kb/s, dropped to 50kb/s and stopped 20% of the way through. Started again now and it's following the same pattern. Tempted to install Steam to download it through that but I've heard that it can mess with your PC... Any mirrors?

Last edited:
Decided to get Steam, and glad I did because it's downloading at nearly 500kb/s. On a connection that I've only ever seen max-out at 300kb/s. :SHOCK:

Ah how I'd missed this. Knackered, desperate to go to bed, but resigned to staying up for the next six hours cursing my crappy team.

I like the 3D match engine, the animations and graphics are not great, but the action is as good as or better than in previous version's 2D engines and just having that in 3D makes the game so much better for me.

Bit strange, playing as Tranmere it just looks a bit wonky. I wasn't expecting the engine to compete with PES or FIFA but it's quite jerky (might be my PC but I shouldn't think so, it's not that bad), and I'm seeing the same animation for most actions - i.e. the goalkeeper will block a shot with his head or chest and he will do the same "hands down low" animation like the shot was going between his legs.

Great game, don't get me wrong, I feel like the assistant manager is a real person now. You get great feedback and suggestions from him, the press conferences are great (although disappointed that Tranmere's new manager only gets TWO MEMBERS OF THE PRESS at the press conference), and I love that I'm being linked with players from within my division from the start. Makes it interesting! It's really well put together outside of the match engine, I'm just not feeling that 100% at the moment. I need to go to bed though, I'll give it another go in the morning. Championship Manager's out next year, I wonder if the match engine in that will be any better; the graphics look great IMO...

Championship Manager 09 screenshots (inc. match engine):
screenshot1.JPG

screenshot2.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah abit jerky for me aswell i dont find shooting all that special animation wise and free kicks all seem to be toe pokers. Could be better use of animation feels abit cheap but it does its job on the whole most of its fine.

Overall its more of same really with tweaks here and there like the assistant manager feedback way more in depth and press conferece nice addition.

Its good from first impressions but think 3d match engine needs alot of tweaks.

Last edited:
What do you guys want from a FM forum? I currently own one and I just want some opinions on how to interest people

And I currently am enjoying the conference part of this game, it really adds more realism to the game. And as CB said the assistant feedback is quite impressive.

Back
Top Bottom