Football Manager 2009

her.png

:SHOCK:

That could only happen to you Tim :LOL:

And I didn't know John Tigana got Fulham to 2nd in the league :P

jury.png

Going well so far I would say :)).

Just got AML Danny Rose on loan for the rest of the season too, he should do well in League One.

finalleague.png

Finished off the season earlier and we finished 14th. Very happy with that as they were 21st when I took over in November, the red line on the graph marks the point where I took over. Media prediction was 18th too so very happy, and the board are pleased. Just got to try and sort out the finances over the pre season and hopefully keep most of my players. Just 3 key players at the moment that don't want a new deal, which would be a real shame to lose them as they are all 1st teamers, and 1 is even the guy I made captain :((. He also has just been voted Fans Player of the Season and got an average rating of 7, also scored 10 goals as a CM. Would be really sad to see him go. Replacements could always be found if needs be though I guess.

Anyway, a very happy first season and I hope it continues next season!

P.S. I made the right decision to leave Bolton as they did actually get relegated this season! Shocking squad and shite team, no idea how I kept them up last season :LOL:.

PLF, I have never been able to make a player exchange before. I offer money and a player and the other team never bites. It maybe because I'm trying to get "great" players. But it never seems to work for me.

Bayern just offered me a job and I turned them down. I'm going to try to win the league with Fulham and hopefully the CL. I know the CL what happen this season but hopefully it will one day. The league is doable this season as long as I don't have my usual 2nd half slump.

That's extraordinary pal. Best of luck to you!!

Definitely keep us up to date with your progress good or bad.

As for player exchanges, yah, I personally have never had much luck with them. even when I was offering the other team a really good deal! That's why I was a little surprised when I saw Tim and what he got!

Update: It is April 8, 2016. After 30 games played.

League Table:
1. Liverpool 71
2. Fulham 67
3. Man City 66
4. Arsenal 65
5. Tottenham 56
6. Man Utd 53
7. Portsmouth 44
8. Aston Villa 41
9. Chelsea 41
10. Middlesbrough 40
17. Derby 30
18. Ipswich 17
19. Wigan 16
20. Hull 15

So I am 4 points behind Pool but I feel I am struggling at the moment. I was knocked out of the FA Cup and the Uefa Cup by Portsmouth. Played them 3 times in 11 days. The FA Cup was at home and they beat me 1-2. I had the first leg of the uefa Cup at home and we drew 0-0. Then the 2nd leg they beat me 3-2 on a very late goal (90+2). I thought that was crap. I was knocked out of the Uefa Cup in the 2nd knockout round and the FA Cup in the 6th round. I also have a very rough set of games remaining. I have Bolton (A), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A), Portsmouth (H), Chelsea (H), Man U (A), Aston Villa (H), Watford (A). That's 6 out of 8 games against the top 10. I really need to get some good results here.

Wow, nice one B! Can't believe you're still up there! Hopefully Champions League football next season.

update (new save):

Serie A
1 Juventus 15
2 AC Milan 12
3 Inter 12
4 Udinese 12
5 Roma 10
6 Palermo 10
7 Genoa 10

Champions League
1 Juventus 4
2 Bayern Munich 3
3 Real Madrid 3
4 Cluj 1

Last Results:
(numbers are serie a rounds)

1 samp 0-3 juve
2 juve 3-0 lazio
(cl cluj 1-1 juve)
3 cagliari 0-1 juve (tough game)
4 juve 2-0 ac milan (easy win)
5 fiorentina 0-1 juve (really tough game, fiorentina missed a penalty)
(cl juve 4-3 bayern) (best game so far, was losing by 2, equalized, losing by 3, equalized and minutes later scored a penalty)

going good so far, have not lost yet. Good morale and administration is pleased with the results, lets just wait a see for the rest of the games.

Next Games:
juve - palermo
udinese - juve
real madrid - juve (cl)

Assuming you already have logos for the current UEFA Cup then you just have to replace these files over the current ones.

season was going well until this week.. 2 of my 4 fullbacks are out for some months (grygera=2/3 months; de ceglie=4/5 weeks) those resulted from training injuries in their national teams, then the big games started raining i did what i could with what i had:

juve 1-0 palermo
udinese 2-2 juve
real madrid 2-1 juve (cl)

all were really tight games, anyone could have won, specially the udine one. Against real i had to defend and could barely attack, only in the last few minutes and i changed my formation to attack, but i couldn’t get one to draw the game, stupid casillas..

whatever, still 1st in serie a even if things are a bit different now in terms of points and the cl position:
(and media keeps telling me that i only have a chance of winning the title next season with a couple more transfers.. yeah right)

class.png

cl

1 bayern 6
2 real 6
3 juve 4
4 cluj 1

leagueone.png

Well it's going brilliantly so far this season! I did lose last seasons captain to Reading on a Bosman, and the RAM's contract expired and he just left. The other player whose contract expired was a CB, he's still at the club on a rolling contract, though he is now happy and wants to sign a new deal so negotiations will start soon.

Here is my current squad:

squad.png

Zakuani has been on absolute fire this season, he's out for 3-4 weeks with a groin strain now though, hopefully others will start scoring to keep us going. We got knocked out of the Carling Cup in the 1st round by Brighton which was very poor. However we are in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against Aldershot, and have made it to the JPT South Final, which is two legs and is against Bristol Rovers from League 2, so I would really hope to beat them and get through to the main final which is at Wembley! My squad is really tiny because I wanted to get the finances under control so let a few players go in the summer and only signed one, Tim Peters, on a free from Holland. He's played well so far and the fans are very happy with the signing. That first team squad really is my squad too, the reserves are all youngsters so any more injuries and we could suffer big time...

After lots of bad games and bad results(2-2 udine; 1-1 bologna; 0-1 roma; 1-1 reggina; 0-0 napoli; in no order whatsoever) the first spot is nolonger mine.
This is how the table looks like atm:

class2t.png

Inter is missing a game, dunno why, but it can suck.
Right now, not only Fiorentina is on a winning streak of 9/10 games, but Inter just keeps winning by lucky 1-0's over and over again.. too bad they lost 3-1 to me. lol
My next games in serie a seem quite accessible until the end of this year, but you never know, these teams always come up with a goal:

Chievo - Juventus
Juventus - Atalanta
Juventus - Lecce
Catania - Juventus

- Champions League
1 Real Madrid 12 Q
2 Juventus 7 (goals scored)
3 Bayern 7
4 Cluj 2

In terms of the champions league, going to play Bayern away in my next match, while i am 2nd and Real Madrid is already qualified. Followed by Bayern and Cluj. I need to win this next game in order to follow through, if i don't i will be certainly out..

Last edited:
Italians have the hardest groups among all of them, just check them out:

Inter Q
Schalke Q
Shaktar
Olympiakos

Man United
Roma
Kiev
Panathinaikos

Fiorentina Q
Olympique Lyon Q
Rangers
Werder Bremen

On a side note, i won 2-1 in munich! Yey! im qualified for the next phase, nice "wasting time" match, lol, i had to play defensively after scoring the 2-1. Copy Chelsea-Barcelona much? lol
Now onto the next serie a games until the end of 2008, hope that until then Fiorentina as lost at least 2 games and drawn 1...

Update: End of season 2015/2016
League Table
1. Liverpool 88
2. Arsenal 85
3. Man City 85
4. Fulham 78 (me)
5. Man Utd 68
6. Tottenham 63
7. Chelsea 57
8. Aston Villa 53
9. Portsmouth 52
10. Watford 47

As you can I finished 4th. I only had 4 losses all season but 12 draws. And those draws cost me in the end. I drew my last 4 games and 5 out of the last 7. Lost the Liverpool in the stretch as well. So only won 1 out of the last 7. That's not going to get it done. Very dissappointed with that. I scored 67 and allowed 26 goals. 2nd best defense. So I need offensive firepower and it seems I need it at the end of the season.

So far I've picked up a nice young DM. I know I need people to put the ball in the back of the net but I was chasing this players since last season. Now I did pay upwards or $68 million US but I think it will be worth it. I'm trying to add a striker. I'm looking at a 30 year old Rooney but I don't think I have enough money to get him. And there are a couple of more strikers that I am looking for. Trying to be picky with this though.

Question: How to you raise your attendence? My season ticket holders are still the same as they were last seasaon (13,000). I can never get above that number and I am in the Champions League for the first time this season.

Expand the stadium? Bloody well done for getting in the Champions League! You still gotta qualify though remember ;)).

It was expanded in the first season by 3000 seats. Now they say they can't expand more. I guess I wanted to find out how to get more season ticket holders.

Yeah I do have to qualify. First match is against Levante.

Ouch that's a tough qualifier. Good luck.

Hmm, not too sure about the extra supporters. Signing a big name player would work I think.

I think it's probably because Craven Cottage can't be expanded any more than you already have. Can you request a new stadium? I'm pretty sure that all the stadiums in the game have a set maximum capacity.

Well got a prob in my save, really not that big because he will eventually get back to normal, but i received a bet for Sissoko from Lyon, well it was nothing compared to his value to the team, around 7M, well i was kinda joking that minute and made a counter with 5M straight and 15M in 18 months.. Lyon accepted and now Sissoko is unhappy... what started as a joke now is a prob, i just don't want him to leave, he is really good and his shedules are giving him +1s in important stats so i want to keep him, yet if they make a bet for the value i ask (25M i will have to accept it, or else he will want me to put him in the transfer list.. thats what i fear the most right now) any advices for this?

Oh don't worry about it mate. Whatever Lyon offer you, you can always say no. And as for Sissoko, don't worry either, he will lose his unhappy status in a few weeks. Just show him who's boss and don't take no crap from him in the media :TU:.

Back
Top Bottom