Football Manager 2009

Since I started my current FM game on the 23rd April, I have spent 20.6% of my time being awake on Football Manager.

:SHOCK:

Well I checked in the editor and I was right. Craven Cottage has a max expansion capacity of 28000 so if it started at 25000 and Becanes has had a 3000 increase, it wont go any higher. EVER.

Now i'll post an update on my Udinese game...

I'm exactly halfway through the season (19 league games played)
Here is the league table..
udinesemidseasontable.png

As you can see its VERY tight at the top! Inter have been top all season until I drew 0-0 with them and they've since gone on a poor run. I've got Milan in a couple of games time so that could put me right in contention. My media prediction is 7th and I told the board I'd aim for a UEFA cup finish so it's looking positive so far and I'm really surprised how well we've done so far.

The board won't give me much money so I have only made 4 cheapo signings. Check the spoiler.
udinesetransfers.png

Aaroy hasn't played yet (I only signed him out of sentiment/respect/FIFA love.)
Ochirosii has been a great supersub, providing some vital goals and assists. He got a bad injury though so had a month or two on the sidelines.
Montano had a good start but then he also got badly injured so hasnt played for months.
Santon was available at a bargain price so I snapped him up and he's done well when he's played.
I've had major injury problems, I probably need to tone the training down, although all the injuries have happened during matches. At one point I had 8 players out at once, each for at least a month which was hard, especially as it included my best attackers Quagliarella and Di Natale as well as the 2 attackers I bought!

Now that I've sorted that problem out I've got a new one. I'm getting bids left right and centre for my players and a few are unhappy that I've rejected them. Look at the squad list, all of them either have 'Wnt' or 'Unh' next to the name :LOL:
udinesesquad.png

The worse thing is the bids I'm getting are stupidly low, so I've got no choice but to either reject or renegotiate them which is leaving the players unhappy at not being allowed a move!

Anyway, I'm hoping to hold onto all of them until the summer, then they can piss off and I'll take the money and rebuild if I have to.

Booyaa!

EDIT: RESULT OF THE SEASON SO FAR :D

Udinese v Milan in the cup....

Milan go 3 up, and I pulled one back before half time. It's not looking good. I give the boys a bit of a bollocking at HT and the final result is........
woo.png

A hatrick from my CB :LOL:

Last edited:
Update:
Well things got a little bit better now, we are now 1st in Serie A.
Fiorentina and Inter have been playing quite bad and their bad moments happen when i play well so i get the win they draw or lose, nice. =]
Still it ain't that far away and i have both putting pressure on me. Just see below the table:

class3b.png

Not easy, every game seems like a final.
On a side note, not a single transfer was made, no budget so no players, but i bought all i needed in the Summer window so no problems now.

In Champions league, things ran well i got through the group stage, yet i have to face none other then Atletico de Madrid... i have some hopes that i can move on, but it sure will not be easy but considering they are in 6th in BBVA league, its unpredictable.

In Coppa de Italia i have faced Napoli, won in penalties, and now of to Fiorentina in quarters. That game will NOT be easy at all, yet if i win against them i will have to face another huge oponent, Roma which will not be easy again.

Every competition now is either win or get out of the way, so the pressure is on now.

PS: my U20 won 8-2 against AC 1 weeks after i put my most talented players in individual training. Im so proud of them. xD

Hi FM Guys!

I've still not got into this game, but my mate has just brought it on PC and is having problems with the Editor - says it "cannot open and re-installing may help" ??

This is a legit retail copy.... anyone know what might be the prob.

Cheeeeeers!

Cheers Becanes!

He has a bigger problem now though - instead of typing it out again, here is what I've just emailed "Steam Support".

Hello,

I am contacting you on behalf on my friend who has brought Football Manager 09 for Windows XP.

He tried to install it and after appearing to be successful, he couldnt connect to the internet at all (using Firefox or IE) and after having a look for him, I couldnt solve it and so I reinstalled Windows thinking it was just a coincidence.

He has just tried to install FM09 again and its done the same thing... on rebooting it says "Steam cannot connect to the server" and whenever he tries to get onto the internet, it says there is no connection (again, Firefox and IE).

He has uninstalled Steam, but still no good.

Is this a common problem and any idea what is going wrong and how to solve it please?

Thanks, Paul

Any ideas? Really annoying!

I found this thread, might help although the symptoms are slightly different. If it stops the internet connection completely I would look at the router. The tip of switching off UPNP might help.

Just stopped by to say something.
Refs are a f***ing piece of s**t!

Lost twice in a row with a stupid faked penalty against AC and Fiorentina, the cunts just couldn't handle the pressure and had to satisfy the fans so the i go, ruin the chances for Juve to win the title this season when they are on a great form and not losing 13 games in a row.
Now im 3rd or forth with Fiorentina, Roma in front of me with +2 points and Inter right at my back with the same points as i do.
Those useless refs have killed 50% of the work i had to keep Juve up there and keep fans, direction and team with a good morale..
Next game is against Palermo, again a strong side lets see what the refs sees now, if i see another pen im going to jump of my rooms window... and im serious.
not really. lol... im pissed...

Btw just a question for u guys:

How do you find regens?
Have you found a star yet?
Cous ive been trying to find at least one, but no luck here. I can wait cous im only in my first season but i really needed a new player cous im kinda out of options for certain positions.
Post some pics of your if you want to, so we can see how crazy fm was to create maradonas and peles. lol

According to this list in FMFormation Regens start to appear according to these dates:

Brazil - 2 January
Iceland - 5 January
Ireland - 5 January
Finland - 7 January
Africa - 15 January
Norway - 20 January
Belarus - 14 February
Croatia - 20 June
France - 20 June
Germany - 20 June
Greece - 20 June
Hungary - 20 June
Northern Ireland - 20 June
Portugal - 20 June
Switzerland - 20 June
Turkey -20 June
Ukraine - 20 June
Wales - 20 June
England -24 June
Slovakia - 29 June
Belgium - 30 June
Czech Republic - 30 June
Italy - 30 June
Poland - 30 June
Bulgaria - 1 July
Slovenia - 1 July
Denmark - 7 July
Holland - 7 July
Serbia - 10 July
Spain - 10 July
South Africa - 15 July
Argentina - 1 August
Japan - 9 December
Middle East - 9 December
China - 27 December
Russia - 27 December
Sweden - 27 December
United States - 27 December

Im yet to find any on my game, even tough i didn't really put much effort to try and find a decent one, but i really want to find one of those "stars" and start from there, like i did in my Benfica save.
But Tim now that your in such an advanced date you must have some regen in your save, or some1 else that is playing right now must have.

Im pretty disappointed right now...
Since my last post here, where i was still 1st, lots of drama and games have been played. Huge mistakes, either by me or the ref or the team itself, it just ruined our season.
Just check it out for yourself:

class4.png

In comparison to that last table where i was first, this is ridiculous.
Since my game against AC things just went downhill from there:

gamesjuc.png

Atalanta 2-1 Juve (missing in the pic)
Juve 3-0 Chievo (missing in the pic)

Lots of games lost, badly lost i may add, CL ruined, Coppa ruined, Serie A 4th when i was 1st for weeks, im really disappointed with my team right now. They really failed in the important moment and they could have reached barely all goals, yet they failed and by them i include myself, since im the coach. Even if the club doesn't make me win Serie A this season (from 1st to 6th place) the Coppa asn't an objective and CL was the Quarters, im disappointed with myself, maybe because i had my expectation a little bit too high for a team that just came from Serie B.
Now i have to just keep my head, somehow, high and think about next season and what to buy in the summer and think really hard about it because my budget will be rly rly short after this.

lg1.png

ssnfrm.png

Very disappointing end to the season for me, can't believe we finished in 13th. Such a poor 2nd half of the season. We actually conceded the least amount of goals, our problem was scoring. My strikers had a great start to the season but then just turned bollocks. Zakuani scored 20 goals in 20 games and now hasn't scored in 1,457 minutes. I'm at my wits end with him to be honest :BRICK:.

No money so won't be any signings in the summer, maybe a freebie or two. Will have to see what's around.

I've been linked with various other jobs in England but I'll have to wait and see if an offer actually materialises or if it's all just paper talk.

End of my first season in Manchester City. I'm really happy with my results (ok, the boss gave too much money to build the team but I didn't believe I would get them into the podium, maybe I'm better than Mark Hughes! :BLEH:).

cityincl.jpg

As you seen I finished 3rd between Chelsea and Liverpool with Arsenal being 5th. Manchester United totally dominated the Premier League and only lost one game (against me! I love Cardozo 2-0 on the red devils! :BOP:)

About the cups, well, not that good to be honest:
UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round (Sporting Lisbon)
FA Cup 4th Round (Chelsea)
Carling Cup 3rd Round (Everton)

For the next season I will put my standards higher. A good campaign in the Champions League will be my priority.

I spent 72M€ in transfers. Chelsea spent 77M€, Liverpool 14.5M€, Arsenal 18.75M€ and Man Utd 0M€.
I don't expect a big move into the market next season, I just need a left back and a good goalkeeper (Shay Given was, sometimes, a "f*cking disgrace" - by Didier Drogba).

PS: Newcastle in UEFA Europa League! :LOL:

Last edited:
:LOL: Good old Newcastle!

A little update on my game: Colchester offered me a 2 year contract extension and I am happy here so I signed it, contracted here til 2014 now. Just about to start the 2011/12 season, my first two matches are at home to Charlton! First in League One, then in Carling Cup. Charlton have really declined - last season they got relegated as they went into administration and got docked 10 points, and now they are in receivership and hardly have a first eleven, let alone a squad. So it will be interesting to see how I do against them.

I have only made two signings mainly as we are still skint, though I have sorted out the finances now and we now have £419k in the bank. Home friendlies against Toulouse, Pompey and Man City helped, as did selling my goalkeeper to Wolves for £250k. Anyway, the signings were free transfers, one a 20 year old CM that Man Utd let go in the summer, so I'm happy about that as are the fans. Oliver Norwood he is. The other signing was Warren Feeney, a 30 year old ST who used to play for . My scout said I should sign him whatever the price and I agreed, so to get him on a free was excellent. This also pleased the fans.

I'm hoping for another good cup run this season, maybe the Carling Cup, and getting a top half finish in League One.

Here we go :)).

Me and Stu are playing a network game. He picked his beloved (and relegated) Newcastle so I thought I'd stay local and chose Middlesbrough.

Stu made some nice signings (including official signing of the season, a player I recommended to him :COOL:). He also made a lot of money back in players leaving.
stusignings.png

Morales was signing of the season!

I didnt have as much to spend and less shite to get rid of but still was fairly active in the transfer window signing lots of young cheap players.
richsignings.png

Ochirosii was runner up signing of the season and was very effective coming off the bench so I was pleased with that bit of business. I also managed to get £15m for Alves but I blew it all on Marquinhos and he didnt get a WP which was a lot of money wasted and I think it affected my season a bit.

Anyway, here is the final league table
feq6273tmp.jpg

Stu came into form towards the second half of the season and aided by the beast upfront he managed to clinch the final European spot. I was happy with 11th in the end. I could have got 9th on the last day but results didnt go my way.

We are currently preseason and have both made some AWESOME signings so next season should be great. I was given a massive transfer budget for some reason (£40m) and I am planning on spending all of it :LOL:

I'll post pics of our transfers when the window shuts. I'm aiming for UEFA cup this season and I imagine Stu will be going for the last CL spot.

Boom.

how did you pay for marquinhos if he didnt get a work permit?

i never understood the point in feeder clubs to gain work permits because if i tried to sign someone with the intention of sending him to get a work permit it just said i couldnt sign him because he didnt have a work permit...

Well I've got a Polish feeder club so I was allowed to sign him, I just couldn't play him. That's how it always works.

Are you sure your feeder clubs are from mainland Europe and not the UK?

I've started getting into this again, God it fucks me off though when you're the better team and no matter what you do you get beat. The logic seems to be, if you're playing teams above you in the league you win, if you're playing teams below you in the league you lose. It's such an addictive game but at the same time I wonder why I play it.

I've managed to get Tranmere into the play-off final by the skin of their teeth; finished sixth in the league after five draws in a row, and beat Scunthorpe 3-0 at home/lost 3-1 away to JUST scrape it into the final against Millwall. No doubt we'll get murdered but it'll be interesting.

We're also £1m in debt, how that's happened when they were breaking even at the start of the season I have no idea (I haven't spent a penny, even free transfers have terribly poor wages). So I'm thinking of jumping ship soon, they're in deep trouble.

End of my Second season :D:D

tableg.jpg

I want to leave though as there not very rich and will never win this dam league, and all my players want out

who knows what the future brings

Wow, quality Joe! What was your media prediction? 9th or something wasn't it? That's very good.

I'm going to continue my FM today, haven't played it for a few days. Had a very shakey start to the season. Not won in the League One yet after 3 matches...

Just noticed that in that last pic of the table i was 4th, well for the sake of my bad form, i lost it to AC and stayed in the 5th place... Yeah, i must be a terrible manager, Juventus players are trying to do to me what they did to ranieri (but this is true as some of you may know).
Well Europa Cup here i go!
During transfers i made only 2/3 transfers and loaned some kids/players i didn't want atm so they could get more playtime that they will not get this season in Juventus. Did some friendlies to start the season of, just for the players to understand the new formation and how i wanted them to play there, injuries started right of the bat with Del Piero and Camo injured until the last game of the pre-season, yey for me!..
Season started and i have been doing some very very nice results so far, here are the ones im most proud of:

Juventus 2-0 Lazio
Juventus 3-0 Inter
Parma 0-5 Juventus
Juventus 5-3 Roma
Juventus 2-1 Fiorentina
Palermo 1-5 Juventus

The bad thing about this, is that in the second round im going to play them all again but away, which sucks.. but im confident that my team will do well this season.
The table is looking like this in 22 December 2009:

1 Roma 37
2 Juventus 36
3 Inter 34
4 Udinese 34
5 AC Milan 33
6 Fiorentina 33
7 Napoli 29

Just ended my last game of the year 2009 against AC in San Siro with a 1-1 result that i got in the final minutes, good result i must say.
For the next year i hope i can finally win Serie A and go beyond Quarters in the Europa.

Haven't posted in this thread for quite a while, but i have continued playing the game.

I finished 6th with Genoa in my first game.
I finished 10th with Wigan in the second one;

Currently i'm playing with Wolfsburg. At the moment i'm third in the Bundesliga, after Werder Bremen (1st) and Bayern Munchen (2d).

It seems to me this is the most difficult game of the series. There are a couple of annoying things that are not entirely realistic. I'm doing quite well with Wolfsburg, so it's logic that other clubs are after my players. What i don't get is that my players want to leave for clubs like Sporting Lisboa or PSG...if Barcelona, Milan or Man Utd would be after them, that would be logical. And the players are unhappy because they can't go to those clubs...
Furthermore i have a Grafite problem. The guy is great, plays one game an is injured for a couple of weeks. When he's out of injury he plays again and he's injured again...then i decided to let him play with the B team for one half, let him rest a week and finally put him in the first team and guess what, after one match he's injured...It happened 4 times, no matter what i try Grafite is injured.
Furthermore, in the competition Wolfsburg lost only one match (they were immediately eliminated in the cup, which pissed off the board however) but often they throw away victories in injury time..and this in matches where they are much, much better than te opponents...

But all in all i'm really enjoying this game...

Back
Top Bottom