Football Manager 2009

Have been trying to create this for a while but stupid computer/virus wouldn't let me so i am doing it now.
Started a game with Juventus, team is quite old and needs some solid structure so i did some transfers that i think that will lead me to win Serie A this season (keep in mind that they just came from Serie B, and finances aren't at their best) so here are the transfers from the summer:

transfers.png

Not much but not bad i think, everything is there for a certain reason, if some1 wants an answer just ask, i will keep posting updates of this cous it is turning out into quite a challenge.
As i said i had a delay in posting this cous i didn't have Internet for a while so i kept playing, here are the games i have played so far:

seasongames.png

Well i will just write a simple review about the best games there:
- Lost 1-0 to Spartak Moscow in a stupid way at home.., i could have equalized but i was playing a 4-4-2 where all my wingers attack and just cross for my two Post-Players to head it, well stupidly i misplayed the game and kept the tactic instead of playing my other one (i only use two tactics) my 4-1-3-2 (which i will explain lightly later) the tactic and my players not doing what i wanted (hight pressure in every single player and trying to steal the ball for the counter lead me to lose the game, oh well..
- 0-0 with Inter at Home, this game was just ruled by Juve, Inter had Ibra down and some other guys and i had a 2 day recovered Chiellini (he, C. Zanetti both start the season with an injury of 3/4 weeks...) well cous have won but Del Piero wasn't taking set pieces that well and Amauri had to replace a 1 day recovered Trezeguet, so it was a difficult game, that i should have won.
- Won 3-1 against Shalke, easy game, they couldn't attack cous my defense was rock solid now and Del piero was magic.
- Not a big game but can turn out into a season fail, won against Reggina 3-1 normal game everything was perfect, until Trezeguet suffers an injury that will take him out of the field for 3 months... the moment i saw that was like a kick in the nuts, at least i have Amauri and Iaquinta to cover the spot.
- 0-0 against Real Madrid at home,... one word, Casillas, thats all....

Not much stuff but its pretty decent atm, here is the league table and the CL group stage:

championsleague.png

seriea.png

(In the Coppa Italia, im playing Livorno)

Thats all for now, about the formations if some1 wants to check and/or give some tips for it just PM or post here and i will email it.

Next game is against Real Madrid in Barnabeu, hope i get a good result there.

WTF?! 65 million Euro's for a co-owned player?! But it didn't count in your income?

I just don't understand that rubbish co-owned nonsense :(

What? its 625,000 not million. lol..
Co-owned is that you only buy half the pass of a player, so i bought half the pass of Cassani the other half belongs to Palermo, but i kept the player since it was part of the deal, during the season either me or palermo will buy the other half who ever does it will keep the players full pass. Understood it now? its a cheaper way of buying a player.

Update:
Lost 3-0 in Barnabeu... what amn awful game, every1 was playing bad my wingers were crap attackers were useless defense was awful.. oh well hope i can still qualify from the group stage.
On a side note won against Roma 2-0 easy game, result was done by the 70 minute, after that roma tried but only from long shots, chiellini and legro wouldn't let totti and batista move forward.
Will play a bit more tonight so keep in touch. =]

Yeah I think the lower case m must be different to the capital M which is million as he'll be playing in spanish/portuguese.

Update: After 12 games played I (Fulham) am 2nd 3 points behind Liverpool. I am first in my Uefa Cup group. I am about to play Sunderland in the 4th round of the Carling Cup. FA Cup has not started yet.

Update: After 7 games of the new Premiership I have only 1 point, a 0-0 draw with Everton. Through to the 4th Round of the Carling Cup though at least.

im pissed off.... didn't qualify from the CL groups, lost to spartak twice! unbelievable.. i actualy thought i had a chance but now both Spartak and Real Madrid (which i drew at home and lost in barnabeu 3-0..) are have qualified and im in 3rd place, at least lets see if i can hold it for the UEFA.. damn it...
In the league im 2nd with 30 and Inter is upfront with 35, at least i beat Roma (2-0) and sampdoria (3-1) both at home.
Next game is against AC Milan, in San Siro.. its going to be tough but fans must be pissed of so i Have to win this..

Last edited:
Nice one mate, a great achievement. Lots of hours put into that! Is that you in the pic? It looks different to the one in the other thread.

I'm crossposting this from another forum. I typed it up a couple of weeks back and I'll do another one for where I am now. Right now, I'm just starting the 2026/2027 season.

Ok so I've just started the 2023/2024 season with Portsmouth.

Right now we're seeing the second generation of players start to retire, which is causing me some headaches right now.

Here's some notes. This wont be all that structured because its like 2 in the morning.

Premier League

picture4fxm.png

Yes, Port Vale are 3rd.

I'm guessing you will all be looking at Man Utd, Arse, Chels and Pool. Yeah, they're all shit now.

Saying that though, the top 4 and my beloved Pomp are the only teams to have won the title.

picture6rvw.png

Norwich good lord.

I think Man City have been the most consistently strong team since I started, partly thanks to a player whom I somehow managed to avoid. That guy is Roman Zlamal.

picture5rro.png

God damn, at least he's 31.

Apart from that, the usual FM chaos has taken place. Spurs failing to stay up after their promotion gave me some personal satisfaction.

Something that surprised me was how long some of the original players lasted. Infact, Wayne Rooney is still Man Utd's first choice striker. Slightly surprising was the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo partnered him up until his retirement in 2021.

Steven Gerrard had a 23 year career at Liverpool amassing 637 league appearances with 96 goals. Upon retirement he briefly took charge of Sunderland before moving to Norwich.

John Terry also had a 23 year career at Chelsea, racking up 639 league appearances. A subtle fuck you to Stevie G Perhaps? Nowadays John can be found as a coach at Portsmouth. Chelsea offered him the role of manager but he decided to stay on as coach when I offered him £50,000 a week.

Andres Guardado retired in the summer of 2023 but didn't stay on as a manager thus deleting his stats forever. Thanks you knob. I know that he was transferred to Villa for £5 mil at 35 years of age, astonishing stats considering his age.

Now onto my glorious Pomp.

A 32 year old John Fleck is one of two remnants of the original generation in my Portsmouth first team squad, the other being Mehmet Ekici. I paid Birmingham £13 mil for him in 2013 and he's occupied the super sub role, plugging gaps in midfield where need be.

Roberto Sanchez Rodriguez. Obviously he's been a victim of the Mexican generic naming system, but the guy walked into the heart of my defence at the age of 20 in 2011. Now described as a legendary centre-back, he is getting on a bit but I still love him. His disciplinary record hasn't been the best but that's added to his Roy Keane factor for me.

He was able to accrue 21 yellows and 4 reds in 2011.

But who gives a crap when you have a 6'3" centre back with 20 heading and marking, 19 tackling with pace and acceleration above 15?

picture7k.png

Next we have one of my first great signings.

Gabor Simon. My heart weeps to see time take it's toll on my beloved Gabor. But still the memories we have shall live on forever.

picture8tsr.png

Ciro Ledda. Italy captain and Portsmouth captain until 2022. Ciro is god damned awesome. He, Roberto and Gabor composed an iron defence for over a decade.

picture9pbq.png

Mohamed Traore. Probably the only player in my FM career who entered my first team after having been loaned to Belgium for 3 years. This is why.

picture12tnt.png

Something that I find strange is that I like having a 30+ goal striker, but in my 15 odd seasons, I have only had one year where someone reached that barrier. That guy was Dave Pearson who I thought would have flourished into a top, top player, but is still pretty awesome I guess.

picture11mbl.png

Oh yeah. This guy is my current captain.

picture10ngz.png

Just won his third consecutive world player of the year award.

World Football

Karim Benzema was pretty fantastic. 4 time world player of the year, 3 time footballer of the year, multiple golden boot winner, yadda yadda yadda.

Jose Mourinho has been the England manager for the last 10 years, guiding England to World Cup success in 2014.

Portsmouth won their first Champions League in 2021, followed by their second in 2023.

Sporting Lisbon also triumphed in the competition in 2018 with Marseille winning in the year before.

edit: Here's some tables. I've got French, Spanish, Italian and English leagues loaded.

Let's have a lookie at Spain

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2259/picture15m.png

Pretty boring I guess.

Italy

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/539/picture16x.png

Udinese are a turn up for the books, I think. I'm not up to scratch on my Italian football so I'm not sure of their EPL equivalent.

France

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3540/picture17r.png

Started out pretty dull with the traditional Lyon domination before livening up in recent years.

FC Sete came up from the third (and lowest loaded) division to win the league, a nice story to warm my cockles.

That's pretty much it.

Oh wait.

Scotland are the current World Cup holders.

picture13wnb.png

Any requests?

edit: Game time - 25 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes.

Last edited:
You should probably spoiler all those pics mate, as 1 they are huge and take ages to load, and 2 some people don't like to know about players in the future.

Aye, the tables are gone, but most of those players are regens. Surely pics of regen players doesn't matter as all of them are unique to my game?

Oh I'm not sure to be honest mate, I've never played for more than about 3 years in the same game so wouldn't know! :LOL:

Colchester United have appointed Tim Edwins as manager on a three year contract.

The deal sees Edwins return to management after a brief spell out of the game after walking away from Premiership outfit Bolton Wanderers. Edwins performed a minor miracle to keep the club in the Premiership last season, but things hadn't been going so well this season. When asked about what it was like to be back in the game, Edwins said "It's brilliant, this game keeps pulling you back in. I hope to bring attractive and attacking football to the Weston Homes Community Stadium." Edwins has now been at Colchester for 10 days, and is unbeaten after 2 matches, drawing 1-1 away at promotion tipped Coventry, and dismantling relegation candidates Darlington 3-0 at home.

Congrats on finding perhaps the one job below that of Bolton.

But yeah, sounds like a good challenge that. Have you got any decent players to work with?

:LOL: Thanks. Yeah they seem like a decent League One squad. We should certainly avoid relegation and I would hope for a mid table finish this season and hope to build next season :TU:.

Here i come again with some updates on my save.
Clouds came across the Olimpico. Results were pretty bad and this is what happened:

Champions League - Spartak 1 0 Juventus
Serie A - Ac Milan 2 0 Juventus
Coppa Italia - Juventus 3 0 Livorno (at last a win..)
Serie A - Juventus 0 0 Udinese
Champions League - Juventus 0 0 Schalke 04
Serie A - Fiorentina 1 0 Juventus

All this resulted in:
- Being kicked of the CL in the group phase (3rd place)
- Being in 4th Place in SerieA
Inter 45
Roma 39
Napoli 37
Juventus 34
Fiorentina 33
AC Milan 32
Title is pretty much out for me, Inter seems too far away, at least i will try to fight for the 2nd spot for the CL next season. The rest is going to be hard, specially the quarter-finals of Coppa Italia against Inter, where i expect to at least reach the final.

Next Games:

Serie A - Cagliari Juventus
Serie A - Juventus Napoli
Coppa Italia - Juventus Inter

Wish me luck, cous this is so far, being the hardest save i have had in FM 2009..

Lol!

Anyway, that was a fairly nice deal Tim. Don't you think? 3 players + 8 million pounds! Found it a little odd but Gary Cahill is young and does have high potential I suppose.

Do you guys find trades (player exchanges like this) are more common/possible in this version than previous ones?

Badgerman, some interesting stuff!

Becanes, you and Fulham are killing it! You are a world-class manager it seems.

Lol, Tina.

Well even if no1 really cares about this, i will post it anyways cous im pissed, yet again...
Last games have been hell for me, complete hell for Juventus and for my pride, they are making my hair white, literally.
After a 2 weeks break from any competition, the new year started and i was pretty confident that everything would turn out good. Oh lord, how i was wrong. ='[
Just see these last 2 results and the game that is coming up:

Serie A - Cagliari Juventus
Serie A - Juventus Napoli
Coppa Italia - Juventus Inter

I think im going to cry, cous this is starting to look kinda impossible right now...

classificacao.png

How embarassing is that... -_-'

PLF, I have never been able to make a player exchange before. I offer money and a player and the other team never bites. It maybe because I'm trying to get "great" players. But it never seems to work for me.

Bayern just offered me a job and I turned them down. I'm going to try to win the league with Fulham and hopefully the CL. I know the CL what happen this season but hopefully it will one day. The league is doable this season as long as I don't have my usual 2nd half slump.

Back
Top Bottom